PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gibson.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-08-2018, 07:54 AM
I don't know how Dyche does it, but OMG this lad last night looked like he had been at Burnley since he was about six!

Ben and Kev Long were superb last night at the heart of our defence. We all wanted four EPL quality centre backs. We certainly have them now! ;)

Supersub6
17-08-2018, 08:29 AM
I don't know how Dyche does it, but OMG this lad last night looked like he had been at Burnley since he was about six!

Ben and Kev Long were superb last night at the heart of our defence. We all wanted four EPL quality centre backs. We certainly have them now! ;)

Well said BT. We know that Gibson is a good player but it was good to see Kevin Long get some recognition last night because he really had a superb game. I thought that when the referee booked him in the first half for questioning a decision that this would affect his game, however, it didn't and he really did play well.

army88
17-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Looks a born leader to me, read the game well and made an absolute crucial tackle when long had got done tbh , came round the back and had to get it right and did.
What I would say though is just how good Mee and Tarky are because the bar is high at this club and I think we are lucky to have some very good players.
Both centre backs last night looked v good canít help thinking the others two are way better.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Looks a born leader to me, read the game well and made an absolute crucial tackle when long had got done tbh , came round the back and had to get it right and did.
What I would say though is just how good Mee and Tarky are because the bar is high at this club and I think we are lucky to have some very good players.
Both centre backs last night looked v good can’t help thinking the others two are way better.

Lucky lads aren't we?

oldcolner
17-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Not sure what this means

Burnley boss Sean Dyche says Ben Gibson ‘smells of leadership’ and has hailed his attitude in taking on a tough Turf Moor challenge.
Dyche says he admires his £15m joint record signing for setting out to break up one of the top flight’s tightest defensive units.

What smell is that I wonder? Hugo Boss?

oldcolner
17-08-2018, 02:57 PM
He enjoyed it anyway

I wanted to show the manager, the fans and, most importantly, my team-mates what I can bring,” said Gibson after Jack Cork’s injury-time winner lit up Turf Moor.
“You can’t do that until you get an opportunity. The manager gave me an opportunity tonight and it’s one I really enjoyed.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2018/august/i-love-being-part-of-it---gibson/

The Bedlington Terrier
17-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Not sure what this means

Burnley boss Sean Dyche says Ben Gibson ‘smells of leadership’ and has hailed his attitude in taking on a tough Turf Moor challenge.
Dyche says he admires his £15m joint record signing for setting out to break up one of the top flight’s tightest defensive units.

What smell is that I wonder? Hugo Boss?

Joe Hart says the club "stinks" of togetherness. Perhaps people are getting confused with the smell coming off the River Calder? :confused:

Claret_Matelot
17-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Every now and again I visit my brother in Todmorden which of course the river Calder runs through the center of town. Last visit (Bournemouth at Home) we walked in to town and I looked over the wall to show my good lady how narrow the Calder was in some places. (About a meter in this case). And would you believe it???? Trout... Loads of them looking happy as Larry.. I mean Trout.. Alive... in the Calder... I was speechless...

oldcolner
17-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Joe Hart says the club "stinks" of togetherness. Perhaps people are getting confused with the smell coming off the River Calder? :confused:

Must be sharing socks and boots like they did in BTs (the original) time.
Or is it a Joe I’m alone scent.
(Jo Malone then!)

1959_60
17-08-2018, 06:18 PM
It's just the sweet smell of success :)

oldcolner
17-08-2018, 06:57 PM
It's just the sweet smell of success :)

With a name Joseph Hart maybe brothers Alf and Wilf
- there could be a stink of fHarts