PDA

View Full Version : The Curious Case of Nakhi Wells...

The Bedlington Terrier
23-08-2018, 07:20 AM
Why on earth did we spunk £5 million on this dude and then not play him?

My own conspiracy theory will be posted later. :O

oldcolner
23-08-2018, 07:37 AM
We bought him injured and he took longer to recover than expected. He hasn’t impressed and maybe hasn’t been impressed by his game time. I suspect a rift with SD of the D4 nature which hasn’t been resolved.
I think I’ve heard a wheels within wheels theory of why we bought him.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-08-2018, 02:50 PM
We bought him injured and he took longer to recover than expected. He hasn’t impressed and maybe hasn’t been impressed by his game time. I suspect a rift with SD of the D4 nature which hasn’t been resolved.
I think I’ve heard a wheels within wheels theory of why we bought him.

Disclaimer: this is a mixture of fact and theory and is only my opinion and is not based on what actually happened, but I'll bet the ranch I am not far off!

Baldwin our CEO is a Bantams fan.

Bradford City are always skint and we poached Baldwin from Bradford. Wells a Bantams player was sold to the Terriers.

Wells had a sell on clause at Huddersfield from which Bradford benefitted financially. Burnley bought Wells, and Bradford picked up a nice chunk of change.

SD did not want Wells but ended up with him anyway. SD never played Wells and the lad is now winging his way on loan to Loftus Road.

Anybody with any other theories or actual facts please feel free to vent. ;D

oldcolner
23-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Transfermarkt ( just to wind up Sinkov) says he played for 45 mins in 9 league appearances and 21 mins in one FA Cup game.
£5m for 66 mins that’s £75k a minute!!!

As a former Bantams fan I hope the money they got helped.

Maybe it cut our tax bill!

The Bedlington Terrier
23-08-2018, 06:59 PM
If we were to base our recruitment team's performance on this one buy, it would not look good! :O

Altobelli
23-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Disclaimer: this is a mixture of fact and theory and is only my opinion and is not based on what actually happened, but I'll bet the ranch I am not far off!

Baldwin our CEO is a Bantams fan.

Bradford City are always skint and we poached Baldwin from Bradford. Wells a Bantams player was sold to the Terriers.

Wells had a sell on clause at Huddersfield from which Bradford benefitted financially. Burnley bought Wells, and Bradford picked up a nice chunk of change.

SD did not want Wells but ended up with him anyway. SD never played Wells and the lad is now winging his way on loan to Loftus Road.

Anybody with any other theories or actual facts please feel free to vent. ;D

If that is true do you not think Baldwin should be shown the door BT ?

sinkov
23-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Transfermarkt ( just to wind up Sinkov) says he played for 45 mins in 9 league appearances and 21 mins in one FA Cup game.
£5m for 66 mins thatís £75k a minute!!!

As a former Bantams fan I hope the money they got helped.

Maybe it cut our tax bill!

TM doesn't include injury time OC, I keep telling you it's a waste of space, so you can add another 30 or so minutes onto that, taking him over the 100 minute mark. Almost a bargain then.;D

I suspect a tax dodge or something similar as well OC. This signing makes no sense, it never did, and the timing is suspicious, right up to the deadline. It's as if they had £5m they just had to get rid off, didn't matter who, just get that £5m off our books.

oldcolner
23-08-2018, 08:30 PM
TM doesn't include injury time OC, I keep telling you it's a waste of space, so you can add another 30 or so minutes onto that, taking him over the 100 minute mark. Almost a bargain then.;D

I suspect a tax dodge or something similar as well OC. This signing makes no sense, it never did, and the timing is suspicious, right up to the deadline. It's as if they had £5m they just had to get rid off, didn't matter who, just get that £5m off our books.

£50k a minute seems so much better Sinkov XD

sinkov
23-08-2018, 08:39 PM
£50k a minute seems so much better Sinkov XD

Yes that's better OC, we have to be fair to the lad, we're always fair me and you.O:)

Something else curious about him as well, he only came on in ten games, but he played against ALL of the top six, were they trying to make him look good.........or bad ?

Altobelli
23-08-2018, 10:02 PM
He was obviously bought for a reason, and that reason was not to play him by Dyche.

So that leaves Baldwins option to get cash for another Club, or BFC doing it for a tax break, both IMO does not benefit the team and is a wrong un.

oldcolner
23-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Yes that's better OC, we have to be fair to the lad, we're always fair me and you.O:)

Something else curious about him as well, he only came on in ten games, but he played against ALL of the top six, were they trying to make him look good.........or bad ?

Didnít know that sinkov - good question!

The Bedlington Terrier
24-08-2018, 03:15 AM
If that is true do you not think Baldwin should be shown the door BT ?

It's only my theory Alto, but I can't see beyond any other explanation. I think Baldwin should be shown the door for a whole host of reasons, but that's a different story.