PDA

View Full Version : O/T John 12:8 The wise words of Jesus

the_idiotb_stardson
20-09-2018, 11:31 AM
" You have the poor with you always, you will not always have me.'

Profound beyond belief.

animallittle3
20-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Workers of the world unite , you have nothing to lose but your chains .

Now that's profound .

monty_rhodes
20-09-2018, 12:05 PM

Profound beyond belief.

Profound my harris. The first part is defeatist. the second part is nonsensical in the light of other statements, for example Matthew 28:20: "I am with you always to the end of the age." Not big on consistency our JC.

rolymiller
20-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Some of the simplest of things can teach us the most profound lessons in life.”

“If you see an antimatter version of yourself running towards you, think twice before embracing.”

rolymiller
20-09-2018, 12:26 PM
“An hour sitting with a pretty girl on a park bench passes like a minute, but a minute sitting on a hot stove seems like an hour.”

“Our image is here and will for ever stay,
and there is comfort in knowing that the memory of our lives will always be there,
traveling among the stars.”

“The origin and the operation of the universe do not require any violations of the laws of physics.”

CASPER-64-FRANK
20-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Wise words of CASPER....

" Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than rich man who is crooked in his ways "

Proverbs 28 : 6

CASPER-64-FRANK
20-09-2018, 12:39 PM
" Come follow me " said Jesus " and I will send you out to fish for people "

Mathew 4 : 19

rolymiller
20-09-2018, 12:39 PM
“The answer to the ancient question 'Why is there something rather than nothing?' would then be that ‘nothing’ is unstable.”

rolymiller
20-09-2018, 12:55 PM
....and some funnies but true to finish wi...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.”

”Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up.”

sawmiller
20-09-2018, 01:33 PM
“Those who say they will move to the US in the month of August speak with forked tongue”

crookadile
20-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Workers of the world unite , you have nothing to lose but your chains .

Now that's profound .

Revolutionary Biscuits of Italy rise up out of your box, you have nothing to lose but your wafers.

Now that's Alexei Sayle

Back of the net
20-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Anybody ever wondered why a lot don’t post on here anymore?

caytonmiller
20-09-2018, 02:17 PM

Botn, chapter 5 verse 2 ?

wrinkly
20-09-2018, 02:41 PM

Profound beyond belief.

Beyond belief at least

CAMiller
20-09-2018, 02:46 PM

Probably because they prefer Twitter or Facebook where there's twice as much garbage..

Eye tiddly eyepoe shi.te or bust. Never let your bollo.cks dangle in the dust - Bill Oddie

millmoormagic
20-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Revolutionary Biscuits of Italy rise up out of your box, you have nothing to lose but your wafers.

Now that's Alexei Sayle

XD

ragingpup
20-09-2018, 03:17 PM
“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”

― Douglas Adams,

rolymiller
20-09-2018, 03:25 PM
“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss".

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.

...some more from Douglas Adams.

Back of the net
20-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Probably because they prefer Twitter or Facebook where there's twice as much garbage..

Eye tiddly eyepoe shi.te or bust. Never let your bollo.cks dangle in the dust - Bill Oddie

medical Definition of denial. : a psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality.
😆

Brin
20-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

NYSRich
20-09-2018, 05:41 PM

^ This. I have been on a fair few football sites in my time, and this one is an absolute embarrassment. About as much fun as reading the letters page in the Advertiser.

CASPER-64-FRANK
20-09-2018, 05:54 PM

Maybe they don't post anymore because when a footy thread gets put up it's taken off topic.
Complete waste of time putting one up in the first place, although froggy made a comment the other day about his match thread which went something like " it will be quiet on here tonight the match is on I follow and Sky red button. "
At one stage there were 21 members logged in and 70 guests viewing.

parkgatewelfare
20-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Fight fire with fire my Grandad was often heard to quote. How ironic that while acting on his own advice he lost his job with the local fire service.

monty_rhodes
21-09-2018, 04:42 AM
Maybe they don't post anymore because when a footy thread gets put up it's taken off topic.
Complete waste of time putting one up in the first place, although froggy made a comment the other day about his match thread which went something like " it will be quiet on here tonight the match is on I follow and Sky red button. "
At one stage there were 21 members logged in and 70 guests viewing.

Casper, you wise old owl, have you not drawn the obvious and logical conclusion. Football is fine to watch but infinitely boring to talk about. Give me a thread on favourite types of biscuit or best record by Brotherhood of Man any day.

gm_gm
21-09-2018, 07:57 AM

Profound beyond belief.

Is this before he sold his house for bitcoin

ragingpup
21-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Casper, you wise old owl, have you not drawn the obvious and logical conclusion. Football is fine to watch but infinitely boring to talk about. Give me a thread on favourite types of biscuit or best record by Brotherhood of Man any day.

It was Angelo. If you think otherwise, you're a fool.

sickly_child
21-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Save all your kisses for me.

monty_rhodes
21-09-2018, 09:49 AM

That's the best offer I've had in twenty years.

sickly_child
21-09-2018, 09:58 AM
What can I say, I'm a romantic.

ragingpup
21-09-2018, 10:12 AM

You're a fool!

sickly_child
21-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Thank you.

rileyev.the.third
21-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Don't come running to me if tha falls off that wall and breks both thi legs...

Mi Mam. 1978

rileyev.the.third
21-09-2018, 10:19 AM
^ This. I have been on a fair few football sites in my time, and this one is an absolute embarrassment. About as much fun as reading the letters page in the Advertiser.

A bit harsh that Rich tbf.

There's much worse out there. This is a good site in my opinion, I don't post that much but look in every day..

Now Banter, that is painful viewing. All I see when I read stuff on there is images of sad old blokes in pubs, sat on their own or kids sat at the back of a classroom, being ignored by everyone.