PDA

View Full Version : O/T Tips

caytonmiller
21-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Did a favour for a bloke yesterday from Leicestershire. Hes a greyhound trainer. He has a dog running tonight at Nottingham. It's the 4th race (A4 race)
Alma busted.. pre race price 5/1

Young pup. He recons he's been bringing it on slowly though last few week he's been showing great form.. in his words. "I will be doing my load on it"...

welovebooth
21-09-2018, 01:59 PM
I will be doing my load on it.

god that sounds so wrong

monty_rhodes
21-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Did a favour for a bloke yesterday from Leicestershire. Hes a greyhound trainer. He has a dog running tonight at Nottingham. It's the 4th race (A4 race)
Alma busted.. pre race price 5/1

Young pup. He recons he's been bringing it on slowly though last few week he's been showing great form.. in his words. "I will be doing my load on it"...

Kempo lives in Leicestershire so this tip might not be all it seems, cayton.

welovebooth
21-09-2018, 06:25 PM
sp was 7-4 and it lost

mikemiller
21-09-2018, 06:40 PM
sp was 7-4 and it lost

Probably was Kempo then... ;D

caytonmiller
21-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Just watched the Replay. 2nd coming to the last bend and ran out of steam in the str...
Not even a hard luck story. 5/1 to 7/4. Someone's done there load on it 😀

monty_rhodes
22-09-2018, 04:37 AM
Just watched the Replay. 2nd coming to the last bend and ran out of steam in the str...
Not even a hard luck story. 5/1 to 7/4. Someone's done there load on it ��

This thread reminds me of the great and badly missed gwru. Now that lad could tip.:O

sota
22-09-2018, 04:41 AM
Used to love riding my bike on Silverwood Tip.

monty_rhodes
22-09-2018, 06:42 AM
Used to love riding my bike on Silverwood Tip.

Couldn't afford bikes in our family. Had to make do with one of those home made carts; bits of wood, odd sized wheels and a rope to steer by. Great days.

caytonmiller
22-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Couldn't afford bikes in our family. Had to make do with one of those home made carts; bits of wood, odd sized wheels and a rope to steer by. Great days.
Think your self lucky you had bits of wood. An old rubble sack for a sledge is all we could muster

monty_rhodes
22-09-2018, 08:53 AM
Think your self lucky you had bits of wood. An old rubble sack for a sledge is all we could muster

Luxury! We had to use our old rubble sacks as clothes.

CAMiller
22-09-2018, 09:16 AM
I wandered onto TykesMad a while back where those were being discussed. One thing I'd forgotten was the common practice of using a red hot poker to 'drill' the hole for the steering bolt. Not sure that would pass childcare health and safety scrutiny these days.

mikemiller
22-09-2018, 09:30 AM
I wandered onto TykesMad a while back where those were being discussed. One thing I'd forgotten was the common practice of using a red hot poker to 'drill' the hole for the steering bolt. Not sure that would pass childcare health and safety scrutiny these days.

It was probably a "baby-boomer" trend. There were always bits of old prams, pushchairs, pieces of wood lying around in Brinsworth at the time - plus it is quite hilly. Build your trolley and way you go! Never built one myself, but quite a lot of kids did

stonewaller
22-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Get on Christmas Night, runs tonight in 8.45 at Wolverhampton.
5/2 favourite, trainer reckons he has excellent chance.....Iím on it.

welovebooth
22-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Get on Christmas Night, runs tonight in 8.45 at Wolverhampton.
5/2 favourite, trainer reckons he has excellent chance.....Iím on it.

came 3rd

gm_gm
23-09-2018, 06:34 AM
Pack it in now lads, I’m £200 down punting on these so called bankers, and don’t get me started on bitcoin

monty_rhodes
23-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Pack it in now lads, I’m £200 down punting on these so called bankers, and don’t get me started on bitcoin

I'm frankly shocked, gm, as I hadn't realised anyone took these MM tips seriously enough to put money on.