PDA

View Full Version : Rodak

frogmiller
25-09-2018, 07:33 AM
He's not had that much to do this season. When you compair that to when we had Camp in goal or any other keeper int Championship he's been well protected don't you think?

Most of the goals have been beyond any keeper and when he's had any chance of saving owt he has.

ackworth miller
25-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Yes I agree for the most part. Defensively I think we are a bit better than when last in the Championship (partly due to our set up), reducing the saves the GK has to make. However he still punches the ball out when he could catch it (e.g. Hull at home where it lead to a goal conceded).

frogmiller
25-09-2018, 09:08 AM
I'd forgot about that punch but now I remember a punch that he mad not long before that saves a goal.

He's a good keeper

mellowmiller
25-09-2018, 09:24 AM
He's 21. He's a good keeper who will become a great keeper and will be way out of our range.
I don't know why people harp on about him punching the ball occasionally.....that's what continental goalkeepers tend to do but more importantly it's what Warne has told him to do.
He's 21. He's still learning and will occasionally make mistakes but we're very lucky to have him, he loves being here and people should be grateful for that.

CASPER-64-FRANK
25-09-2018, 11:01 AM
He's 21. He's a good keeper who will become a great keeper and will be way out of our range.
I don't know why people harp on about him punching the ball occasionally.....that's what continental goalkeepers tend to do but more importantly it's what Warne has told him to do.
He's 21. He's still learning and will occasionally make mistakes but we're very lucky to have him, he loves being here and people should be grateful for that.

^^^ this ^^^

Stats can say many things, have a look at his stats for last season playing behind a poor back line.
Hes a good keeper and really ought to go on to play for a more high profile club.
Good luck to him this season.

frogmiller
25-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Better than any other keeper that we've had int Championship?

fc_miller
25-09-2018, 12:02 PM
I thought I saw a stat the other week that said he had faced the most shots and made the most saves in championship.

pip_y
25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Better than any other keeper that we've had int Championship?

No, what about Martinez

frogmiller
25-09-2018, 02:17 PM
I thought I saw a stat the other week that said he had faced the most shots and made the most saves in championship.

Bloody hell he's made it look easy then XD

We were third in shots at goal verses conversions.

frogmiller
25-09-2018, 02:18 PM
No, what about Martinez

How long was he with us? 3 months?

ackworth miller
25-09-2018, 06:30 PM
I'd forgot about that punch but now I remember a punch that he mad not long before that saves a goal.

He's a good keeper

He is a good keeper, but I was just pointing out he is far from prefect. I accept him punching the ball when he is under pressure from opponents around him, but he needs to learn that when he is under little pressure the right thing to do is catch it, but I'm sure he'll continue to develop.

pip_y
25-09-2018, 09:29 PM
How long was he with us? 3 months?

Length of time wasn’t mentioned in your original post just a question of whether or not we have ever had a better keeper in the Championship. I think we have although I have to rate Rodak and I think in the long term he will be excellent and become a full international player

Hazza Has A Gazza
25-09-2018, 09:42 PM
He's an excellent keeper and getting better all the time. Made me eat my words last season after his dodgy start with us. Almost feels like he's our own player with him being here this season. But not quite.

frogmiller
26-09-2018, 05:45 AM
Length of time wasn’t mentioned in your original post just a question of whether or not we have ever had a better keeper in the Championship. I think we have although I have to rate Rodak and I think in the long term he will be excellent and become a full international player

At the time Martinez was with us I thought that the norm was for a months loan or 3 months loans with a maximum length of loan. It was just an off the cuff question because it was so long ago or it seems it.

Monkey46
26-09-2018, 06:44 AM
Martinez was great, but I like Rodak too. UTFM!!!

Lolmorgan
26-09-2018, 06:55 AM
The fact is how much longer can we keep him.

frogmiller
26-09-2018, 07:17 AM
He signed another improved contact with Fulham and they must be happy to have allowed him here again.

Definitely this season fingers crossed but if we were to be relegated I think that that would be it.

monty_rhodes
26-09-2018, 07:20 AM
He signed another improved contact with Fulham and they must be happy to have allowed him here again.

Definitely this season fingers crossed but if we were to be relegated I think that that would be it.

I'm sure you're right. Let's not get relegated!