PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having trouble reconciling these.....

Steve Miller
26-09-2018, 01:47 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11747/11508581/premier-league-the-dream-for-rotherham-says-chairman-tony-stewart

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-paul-warne-calls-for-realism-in-face-of-struggles-on-the-road-1-9364392

What is real?

Lolmorgan
26-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Itís a case of dreams & nightmares.

Steve Miller
26-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Sadly, nearer the nightmare end of the scale, methinks...

CAMiller
26-09-2018, 02:33 PM
I am because the links people post on here don't always work or aren't always accessible for everyone, especially if you are outside the UK. Any chance of posting a summary?

mellowmiller
26-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Oh no, not again.
When will TS learn to keep things realistic? ☹

monty_rhodes
26-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Cam, I can't access the Star or Advertiser but the Sky Sports piece is another statement from TS that his aim remains the Premier League. which he believes is achievable even given our limited resources.

Lolmorgan
26-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Oh no, not again.
When will TS learn to keep things realistic? ☹

Very polite mellow did you not mean when will T/S learn to keep his fecking mouth shut.

caytonmiller
26-09-2018, 03:48 PM
not nice from warnie

“I am not going to say what we're up against but it is pretty obvious and apparent to most people. The fans who went are true fans.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-paul-warne-calls-for-realism-in-face-of-struggles-on-the-road-1-9364392

PerigordMiller
26-09-2018, 04:01 PM
I think the Sky quote is from an old interview.

Brin
26-09-2018, 07:14 PM
It is an old interview.

'Asked if reaching the Premier League was the impossible dream, Stewart replied: "Talk to Huddersfield. Talk to Barnsley. When Huddersfield went up, we were spending the same amount as Huddersfield at that time, they went north, we went south'

That's the season we went down so last season. Yes Tony Stewart has put some laughable pearlers out there before but, for a man who has poured millions into not only our survival but provided a great modern day stadium, let's leave him to dream of the promised land, god knows he's earned the right to do so!

Lolmorgan
26-09-2018, 07:22 PM
It is an old interview.

'Asked if reaching the Premier League was the impossible dream, Stewart replied: "Talk to Huddersfield. Talk to Barnsley. When Huddersfield went up, we were spending the same amount as Huddersfield at that time, they went north, we went south'

That's the season we went down so last season. Yes Tony Stewart has put some laughable pearlers out there before but, for a man who has poured millions into not only our survival but provided a great modern day stadium, let's leave him to dream of the promised land, god knows he's earned the right to do so!
How come Huddersfield went to the promised land & we got relegated, if we spent the same money.

Brin
26-09-2018, 07:29 PM
How come Huddersfield went to the promised land & we got relegated, if we spent the same money.

Lolmorgan, In a word we didn't. That's the same season they paid 3 million for Ince. Like I said. allow TS to dream a little he's earned it.

Lolmorgan
26-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Lolmorgan, In a word we didn't. That's the same season they paid 3 million for Ince. Like I said. allow TS to dream a little he's earned it.
So have I after 60 fecking years.Do you think we ever will Brin.Its got to be a big No from me it's getting harder every year.

Brin
26-09-2018, 07:46 PM
To be honest, the geographics of where we are situated plus the following fan base, I have to agree it's a big fat no from me.

Nothing remotely eye catching about our club, apart from the stadium, do I feel will interest any wealthy backer in my lifetime.

Then again I could always wallop the euromillions one day or the big one in the States whilst on my visits over there. I'll save you a plush seat if ever I do and offer to take over the club to guide us to the promised land.

CAMiller
26-09-2018, 11:30 PM
To be honest, the geographics of where we are situated plus the following fan base, I have to agree it's a big fat no from me.

Nothing remotely eye catching about our club, apart from the stadium, do I feel will interest any wealthy backer in my lifetime.

Then again I could always wallop the euromillions one day or the big one in the States whilst on my visits over there. I'll save you a plush seat if ever I do and offer to take over the club to guide us to the promised land.

Just in case it ever happens I'm here as your collection agent Brin as they won't pony up to you. 10% will do XD

Brin
27-09-2018, 12:00 AM
7.5% and we won’t involve the lawyers.

KerrAvon
27-09-2018, 06:02 AM
I don't see the issue in reconciling the statements. Taken together what is being said is that it is a struggle to compete in the Championship given the level of resources that many of our competitors have, but we dream of the Prem and if we run the club well and have some luck, we might get there one day.

What is it, two seasons ago that Leicester won the Prem at odds of 5000/1? I don't know what our odds are on Rotherham being promoted, but I would suspect they will be shorter than that. I also suspect that at the start of their winning season, everyone associated with Leicester City knew they were financially outgunned, but still dreamt of winning.

great_fire
27-09-2018, 08:26 AM
I think you may need to win some away games in order to get promoted.

Townerslovechild
27-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Both opinions are correct, Warne is stating facts, Stewart has a dream, what's wrong with that ?

crashbang
27-09-2018, 09:23 AM
I am because the links people post on here don't always work or aren't always accessible for everyone, especially if you are outside the UK. Any chance of posting a summary?

Download tunnelbear and post from uk

monty_rhodes
27-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Download tunnelbear and post from uk

crash, great to have you back. I was going to post asking where you'd got to.

bogsdollox
27-09-2018, 11:32 AM
No wins in 30 Championship games ,5 goals this season and 5 straight away losses - that's Premiership form !

crashbang
27-09-2018, 10:59 PM
crash, great to have you back. I was going to post asking where you'd got to.

Just trying to bring cam into this century .

monty_rhodes
28-09-2018, 04:35 AM
Just trying to bring cam into this century .

That's a forlorn hope, crash. He's forever rooted in 221B Baker Street.XD

CAMiller
28-09-2018, 05:47 AM
That's a forlorn hope, crash. He's forever rooted in 221B Baker Street.XD

I'm not the only one on here if the popularity of the nostalgia threads are anything to go by?

PS Thanks Crash. Have never had much luck with IP proxying, especially on the phone. Location is only half the issue because if that doesn't get me the fact that I'm using an ad blocker does with sites like the Star.

monty_rhodes
28-09-2018, 06:35 AM
I'm not the only one on here if the popularity of the nostalgia threads are anything to go by?

PS Thanks Crash. Have never had much luck with IP proxying, especially on the phone. Location is only half the issue because if that doesn't get me the fact that I'm using an ad blocker does with sites like the Star.

Very true. As I mentioned to sickly most Madsters' childhoods seem to comprise sitting outside pubs drinking pop and eating crisps. I can't access the Star either for same reason as you.

crashbang
28-09-2018, 09:20 AM
Very true. As I mentioned to sickly most Madsters' childhoods seem to comprise sitting outside pubs drinking pop and eating crisps. I can't access the Star either for same reason as you.

Do me a favour the pair of you.
As a test download brave browser.
I can access star etc . I has a built in ad blocker that seem to bypass most obstacles.
And mm board flies with no adds.

monty_rhodes
28-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Do me a favour the pair of you.
As a test download brave browser.
I can access star etc . I has a built in ad blocker that seem to bypass most obstacles.
And mm board flies with no adds.

Looks good but for some reason I got "installation failed" message. I will ask my lad to try when he comes over as I'm hopeless at this kind of thing.