PDA

View Full Version : Stoke fans want Semi

mygiddypant
30-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Not surprising really. He has been outstanding so far this season, so will he be moving on come January? A move to Stoke would see his salary increase by multiples, so who could blame him.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282893/semi-ajayi-shopping-watch-list

Sorry, no link.

BramleyMiller58
30-09-2018, 03:54 PM
Not surprising really. He has been outstanding so far this season, so will he be moving on come January? A move to Stoke would see his salary increase by multiples, so who could blame him.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/282893/semi-ajayi-shopping-watch-list

Sorry, no link.

TBH at my age I'd be happy with a Semi !

CAMiller
30-09-2018, 04:00 PM
TBH at my age I'd be happy with a Semi !

You've been saying that on here for years BM. Maybe time to seek chemical enhancement from the little blue pills ;D

BramleyMiller58
30-09-2018, 04:01 PM
You've been saying that on here for years BM. Maybe time to seek chemical enhancement from the little blue pills ;D

Tried them once.
Got stuck in my throat
Ended up with a stiff neck !

monty_rhodes
30-09-2018, 04:05 PM
I'm 66 and have never had a problem other than finding a willing receptacle.

flourbasher
30-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Fortunately I'm not at that stage yet but I would have thought it's all about what's in front of you.
If the view is good enough then there won't be a problem

Silly-miller
30-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Sorry, no link.

It’s all gonna come down to who stokes manager is in January and how much they offer for him,

This is just my value but I’d want 5 million for him he is a regular championship team player, can play in a few positions, is at a good age and is in a international team.

Also if stoke will pay millions for ince and afobe they can pay a few million for semi

rolymiller
30-09-2018, 05:18 PM
After his performance on telly I would imagine he will have more suitors than Stoke.

Nardendee
30-09-2018, 06:28 PM
To stay at this level we don’t want to be selling anyone. We shouldn’t have to be a selling club and certainly not mid season. .

rolymiller
30-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Agree. We would not easily find a replacement for Ajayi this season if he went at Xmas. He is v ital to our chance of staying up this year.

Brin
30-09-2018, 06:46 PM
To stay at this level we don’t want to be selling anyone. We shouldn’t have to be a selling club and certainly not mid season. .

Well said but, just to balance things out if someone was willing to stump up 5 million + then I'm sure TS wouldn't hesitate to sell and recoup some of his expenses. It was recently posted on here that he puts in 3-4 million a year out of his own pocket.

rolymiller
30-09-2018, 06:50 PM
i'm sure you are right Brin but it would almost inevitably send us down this year. It would depend on how much TS would want us to stay up.

Brin
30-09-2018, 06:53 PM
i'm sure you are right Brin but it would almost inevitably send us down this year. It would depend on how much TS would want us to stay up.

Roly, hasn't the club gained a further 4 million by getting into the championship? If so, why sell him?

rolymiller
30-09-2018, 07:00 PM
Yes very true. I'm hoping we don't. I accept we will always have to be a selling club but we need replacements first. If we are gonna do it do it in the summer but make sure we have his replacement in place first. Other clubs do this and so should we.

This is what will happen in all likelihood in Jan. A championship club will come in with an insulting offer which we will accept. We will be promised a replacement with the dosh we have. it will come to the last hours of transfer deadline day and we will get a young centre half in on loan from another championship club. You are a betting man, put ya money on it.

Nardendee
30-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Well we’d better hurry up and get to the Prem, just like our Chairman says.

On that basis to sell him for £5 million would make a mockery of that claim, however far fetched it may seem.

10 years ago you will recall that, like us Bournemouth were battling a 17 points deduction, and look at where they are. Similar fan base to us. Ok they’ve had major investment since, but it just shows that, with ambition anything is possible.

Ambition, even at this level does not mean selling your best players.

We stopped being little old Rotherham when we moved into our New Stadium, in spite of the media’s attempts to put us down.

We can be very close to becoming an established Championship side and that will make us a more attractive proposition and also to further increasing our fan base. Selling our best players is not a sign of ambition and we could end up being a yo yo club.

Timbertop
30-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Bet Tony Stewart is salivating already at the prospects of a sale in January ! £2 million up front from Stoke or anybody and he'll snatch their hands off. Yet carefully managed Ajayi could be a £15 million player by the summer. It's a certainty if he goes in Jan our season will be quickly over. He is so so critical to our survival prospects.

rolymiller
30-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Exactement mon flls!.(TO quote FroG)

Brin
30-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Bet Tony Stewart is salivating already at the prospects of a sale in January ! £2 million up front from Stoke or anybody and he'll snatch their hands off. Yet carefully managed Ajayi could be a £15 million player by the summer. It's a certainty if he goes in Jan our season will be quickly over. He is so so critical to our survival prospects.

All that rings true to most of us fans. However, does TS have the balls to say no to any low figure offered, which there will be some clubs, or will he support Warne and look to keep us in the Championship?

flourbasher
30-09-2018, 08:44 PM
£15m?
Come on chaps this is getting a bit daft
We've just beaten Derby and given Stoke a good game over 45 mins.
It's great stuff but let's not get too giddy about RUFC and our players

Silly-miller
30-09-2018, 10:49 PM
£15m?

God heaven forbid we bring a little optimism to the site lol

MILLERSTALE
01-10-2018, 06:10 AM
[QUOTE=flourbasher;39028115]£15m?
It's great stuff but let's not get too giddy about RUFC and our players[/QUOTE

That figure is NOT out of the question ! I said last year that potentially Semi is a £10 million pound +player and that all premier league scouts should be sacked for not spotting this mans potential !

He will now be a hot topic after the last few matches and “known” to everyone in the game now,expect some one like Leicester, West Ham etc to be in for him shortly with very big money !

The trick for Rotherham now is to look for 4/5 quality players to strengthen the team now ready for his departure, once everybody sees we have millions to spend will inflate massively their replacements.
John Marquis, Ricky Holmes, Shaun Raggett and Vyner on permanents would be a good starter

tom12026
01-10-2018, 12:27 PM
The concensus of opinion seems to be that T.S. will decide whether or not Semi leaves but if someone comes along and offers Semi mucho spondulicks is he going to to say " nah,I,ll stay where I am" .:rolleyes:.I think not.

Brin
01-10-2018, 01:22 PM
£15m?

Having seen other teams defences this season, are you saying Shemi isn’t as good as or don’t believe he’s better than some central defenders who are on 20. - 30 k a week?

Fans have every right to post positive spins on Shemi. He’s had a damn good start to the season.

flourbasher
01-10-2018, 02:20 PM
He's had a great season so far but which ever way you look at it there's no club going to give us £15m for him.

frogmiller
01-10-2018, 02:28 PM
We may have to cash in next summer to get a decent offer. A year left with an option to extend (probably).

Could we afford not to sell him? I think that doing this type of business is absolutely necessary for us. With the proceeds we buy more players and do the same.

Only when we have enough players at his level can we hope not to have to sell.

BigLadonOS
01-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Right now at this moment you would have to say with hand on heart (if you know anything about football at all) that semi is worth a minimum of £7,000,000 because that is what we will get if we stay in the Championship this season and without him the chances of that happening get slimmer.

Add on top of that the cost of the players actual worth with the potential the lad has (in my opinion he is deffo worth in the region of £10,000,000 + so a total of a minimum of $17,000,000 at this present moment in time. However if we manage to stay in the Championship this season his worth will go up yet another £2,000,000 to £4,000,000 making him in the region of £20,000,000 + and if we go down he is still going to be worth the £10,000,000.

Call me stupid if you like I don't care in all honesty but if we do sell him I guarantee you that Semi will priced at £20,000,000 plus by the club buying him when it comes to moving him on.

Brin
01-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Right now at this moment you would have to say with hand on heart (if you know anything about football at all) that semi is worth a minimum of £7,000,000 because that is what we will get if we stay in the Championship this season and without him the chances of that happening get slimmer.

Add on top of that the cost of the players actual worth with the potential the lad has (in my opinion he is deffo worth in the region of £10,000,000 + so a total of a minimum of $17,000,000 at this present moment in time. However if we manage to stay in the Championship this season his worth will go up yet another £2,000,000 to £4,000,000 making him in the region of £20,000,000 + and if we go down he is still going to be worth the £10,000,000.

Call me stupid if you like I don't care in all honesty but if we do sell him I guarantee you that Semi will priced at £20,000,000 plus by the club buying him when it comes to moving him on.

IF and it's all If's and buts at the mo, that he actually does go, then we either have to ask for an inflated unbelievable price or a very large sell on fee. Why oh why are we renown as a little club that won't stand it's ground and demand a realistic fee that any other championship club would clearly demand?

BigLadonOS
01-10-2018, 07:09 PM
IF and it's all If's and buts at the mo, that he actually does go, then we either have to ask for an inflated unbelievable price or a very large sell on fee. Why oh why are we renown as a little club that won't stand it's ground and demand a realistic fee that any other championship club would clearly demand?

I agree Brin, changes need to happen in that department.

flourbasher
01-10-2018, 08:17 PM

You just seem to be adding big numbers to big numbers.
7m to avoid relegation, then add more on for what you think he's worth, then another 3m for good measure and then a bit more to take it to 20m plus.

You say he's even worth 10m if he's got a relegation on his cv and ends up a div one player.

Semi is in an excellent vein of form but he's only done it for about 7 matches, is prone to some really costly errors and his distribution is suspect at times.

He's got a bit of sustained improvement to go before he's a rock solid dependable cship player.
He,ll get there I'm sure but no team is going to pay that based on 7 games.

flourbasher
01-10-2018, 08:22 PM
End

BigLadonOS
01-10-2018, 10:12 PM
You just seem to be adding big numbers to big numbers.
7m to avoid relegation, then add more on for what you think he's worth, then another 3m for good measure and then a bit more to take it to 20m plus.

You say he's even worth 10m if he's got a relegation on his cv and ends up a div one player.

Semi is in an excellent vein of form but he's only done it for about 7 matches, is prone to some really costly errors and his distribution is suspect at times.

He's got a bit of sustained improvement to go before he's a rock solid dependable cship player.
He,ll get there I'm sure but no team is going to pay that based on 7 games.

Jesus mate it's not hard to follow the logic.

The price of staying in this division is worth 7 mil to the club as that is the minimum of what we get for staying in the division. With the inflated cost of player right now and the potential the lad has would cost us from any other championship club a minimum of 10 mil. If we sell him for that 10 mil and then go down losing the 7 mil we would have got from staying up would mean that the real cost of selling him would be 3 mil because we have a better chance of staying in the division with him in the team get it?

If we are playing championship football next season he will have more experience as a championship player and that experience would again raise his price tag. So to Rotherham United he is worth in the region of 20 mil. Do you not understand that?

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 06:47 AM

The price of staying in this division is worth 7 mil to the club as that is the minimum of what we get for staying in the division. With the inflated cost of player right now and the potential the lad has would cost us from any other championship club a minimum of 10 mil. If we sell him for that 10 mil and then go down losing the 7 mil we would have got from staying up would mean that the real cost of selling him would be 3 mil because we have a better chance of staying in the division with him in the team get it?

If we are playing championship football next season he will have more experience as a championship player and that experience would again raise his price tag. So to Rotherham United he is worth in the region of 20 mil. Do you not understand that?

not really m8. you said if we go down hes still worth iyo 10 million plus the 1.4 million we get for being in league 1 so by your calculations he worth 8.6 million to rotherham at the end of season or 5.6 if we sell in january. thats not taking into account in january he has 16 month of contract left. next season (august) he will have 10 month so trying to get 10 million will be near on impossible. more realistically it would be 5-6 million which is about what hes worth to us in january..

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 07:03 AM

dont think its a case of just us being renowned for letting players go on the cheap. if you read most forums of lower league teams its littered with moans about players being let go on the cheap. its how they survive. were in transition atm ie danny ward was never worth 1.8 million plus addons if you listen to most millers fans. Agard was not worth 900k... i thought we did very well out of both those deals... we have 3 players atm who could be worth a lot of money to us. theres no doubt if we stay up they will be worth more so this is where the board will show how good they are by either committing the players to new contracts or demanding a good sell-on fee. problem is its a risky game as players can walk for nothing and we dont have insight as to how much their previous clubs have in sell on %

Brin
02-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Cayton, who’s your three?

flourbasher
02-10-2018, 08:00 AM

No you've completely lost me. You seem to be contriving a very large figure to satisfy what you would like someone to give us for him.
I would like that too but £20m + is completely ridiculous

Harry Macguire went for £12m after proving himself in the prem for a year.
There's your benchmark and Semi is nowhere near that level.
I would suggest his value is somewhere between £3-5m depending on how bullish RUFC are and whether Paul Douglas has sharpened his pencil

BigLadonOS
02-10-2018, 09:45 AM
No you've completely lost me. You seem to be contriving a very large figure to satisfy what you would like someone to give us for him.
I would like that too but £20m + is completely ridiculous

Harry Macguire went for £12m after proving himself in the prem for a year.
There's your benchmark and Semi is nowhere near that level.
I would suggest his value is somewhere between £3-5m depending on how bullish RUFC are and whether Paul Douglas has sharpened his pencil

On 15 June 2017, Maguire signed for Premier League club Leicester City on a five-year contract for an initial £12 million fee, potentially rising to £17 million with add-ons. From a relegated team I may ad as well making him a Championship player.

£20,000,000 is by no means stretching the imagination.

I'm glad your not the bloke in charge of selling players at the club.

mikemiller
02-10-2018, 10:15 AM
Stoke fans want Semi? Tell 'em they can't have him! We're already down to our last few defenders, and we're not even a quarter of the way through the season yet.

flourbasher
02-10-2018, 11:31 AM
On 15 June 2017, Maguire signed for Premier League club Leicester City on a five-year contract for an initial £12 million fee, potentially rising to £17 million with add-ons. From a relegated team I may ad as well making him a Championship player.

£20,000,000 is by no means stretching the imagination.

I'm glad your not the bloke in charge of selling players at the club.

Fair do's Big lad we'll have to differ on this one.
I enjoy your tactical observations and PW's formations on how to win matches so please keep those coming.

Millersince75
02-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Facts are if a club offers 5-6m in January he will be gone . Dont think we would wait for another team to come in with a 10-15m offer . Think semi could be worth 10m come January if he keeps progressing at the rate he his at the moment.

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Aj,. Smith,. Williams. Aj and Williams have stood out in the championship.
If they keep performing to this std upto January I would put a price on them at
AJ 3-4 million
Williams 800k- 1.2 million
Smith 500k plus
Smith stood out in league one and been ok in the championship. If Moore goes for 750k after playing well for 4 month in league 1 Smith has to be 500k ish...

Close to 5 million for rufc is a good chunk of money. Ok we will prob go down without these players but we could go down with them..

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Sorry. Above is a reply to brin

BigLadonOS
02-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Facts are if a club offers 5-6m in January he will be gone . Dont think we would wait for another team to come in with a 10-15m offer . Think semi could be worth 10m come January if he keeps progressing at the rate he his at the moment.

I think you are way out Millersince75. The club will know the value of him by now and a new improved 3 year + contract will be offered to him very shortly. If we let a player like Semi go for less than £10,000,000 then we dont deserve to be in the Championship.

Millersince75
02-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Biglandon not saying hes not worth 10m but if a club comes in with a genuine offer between 5-6m think club will sell him. You say offer him a new deal but he may not want to knowing other clubs are after him who will probably triple his wages. Like you say if we sell our only saleable asset for less than 10m we dont deserve to be in championship.

Brin
02-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Aj,. Smith,. Williams. Aj and Williams have stood out in the championship.
If they keep performing to this std upto January I would put a price on them at
AJ 3-4 million
Williams 800k- 1.2 million
Smith 500k plus
Smith stood out in league one and been ok in the championship. If Moore goes for 750k after playing well for 4 month in league 1 Smith has to be 500k ish...

Close to 5 million for rufc is a good chunk of money. Ok we will prob go down without these players but we could go down with them..

Cayton, cheers for that pal. Yes Ajayi has been the outstanding player at the mo but, he is definitely being run a close second by Williams. This man is simply immense in reading the game, hard tackling, tracking back etc, he’s the perfect all rounder for me.

Smudge as Warne calls him has run his blood to water at times. What a lonely isolated position he has to play but, he’s given his all and a bit more. Only game he looked out of the game completely was the Villa game, then again if you’re battling against 30 million of defensive talent you couldn’t really blame him.

All saleable like you say and at good profits to the club but, do we need to sell and be relegated again? Or is it the best thing to tie all three down with extended contracts that would demand higher fees whilst also retaining championship status worth £8,000,000 a year?

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 07:22 PM
I don't want us to go down stability is more important though I also realise TS can't keep chucking money at rufc without getting a return
Tbh It's not really 8 million.
This season in the champ it's 6.7 million plus 100k per TV appearance.
Last season In league 1 it was 1.4 million plus 30k per TV appearance..
Considering wages will be higher in this division the difference is prob closer to 4 million..

Brin
02-10-2018, 07:28 PM
I don't want us to go down stability is more important though I also realise TS can't keep chucking money at rufc without getting a return
Tbh It's not really 8 million.
This season in the champ it's 6.7 million plus 100k per TV appearance.
Last season In league 1 it was 1.4 million plus 30k per TV appearance..
Considering wages will be higher in this division the difference is prob closer to 4 million..

Cayton, doesn't stability and climbing in the league appear more to higher larger clubs, that our team and players are capable of good things. Surely this would attract bigger bids? It would also retain a decent crowd and who knows if more may even show a keen interest next season if we stayed up. It's very easy for me to type this it ain't my money but according to a post the other day, the Stewart family are with in excess of 180 million.

Surely TS has to now show what he intends to do with his pipe dream of reaching the promised land of the Prem, if ever in his lifetime.

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Agree with you brin regards tying them to longer contracts. Williams n AJ are only 24 so 3 year and maybe a promise to let them move if X amount is offered..

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 07:36 PM
I can't see our club growing any bigger than we are now. Well not for the next few years as 8k home fans and wage cap will hold us back.
Not saying it's wrong though as the old saying goes. We are what we are.
Ok rewind 10 years and we're now 100% better. Better squad,. Bigger crowd,. Better stadium. More money.

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 07:39 PM
180 million. Does Tony know this 😂..

Brin
02-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Agree with you brin regards tying them to longer contracts. Williams n AJ are only 24 so 3 year and maybe a promise to let them move if X amount is offered..

Best for all parties. Security for extended contracts for the players, retain their services and like we agree, a big sell on if the numbers are suitable to all concerned.

Brin
02-10-2018, 07:43 PM
180 million. Does Tony know this ��..

Someone pulled this from the rich list of company owners....Monty?

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Someone pulled this from the rich list of company owners....Monty?

It's on wiki. It also says Wigan chairman Dave whealan is worth 225m. And Sheffield u chairman 155 mil. Norwich chairman 30 mil
Burnley 80 million

Brin
02-10-2018, 08:15 PM
It's on wiki. It also says Wigan chairman Dave whealan is worth 225m. And Sheffield u chairman 155 mil. Norwich chairman 30 mil
Burnley 80 million

Dave Wheelan stood down though and put his Grandson in charge (David Sharpe), or did I read recently where even he was standing down and Wigan was up for sale?

caytonmiller
02-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Aye it was 2015 when wheelan stood down.. that's how accurate wiki is.
think it was January time when Wigan went up for sale. Don't think it's been sorted yet