PDA

View Full Version : MillersMad Matchthread - Birmingham v The Millers

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Looking at the league you could say that Birmingham City is the most likely place to go and get a point away from home so far this season. And what with the International break coming it would be a fabulous time to get something today.

The thing is though this international break would have been handy if it had come a week ago. This would have helped clear up some of the injuries that we have picked up. I have been dreading any news coming from the club because for the last couple of weeks it's only been bad news! Hearing that 2 unnamed players wn't feature for this game or that we'll be missing an infuential player tonight only for it to turn out that two are bloody missing.
You wonder how the hell we're going to cope. Only naming 6 subs then someone limps out of the warm up leaving just 5 with one of theose coming from the academy who's not been anywhere near the first team before.

But maybe this is a good thing! Nah is it heckers like! It's Rotherham United doing the best it can in a league so mismatched that if it was a boxing match we probably not be allowed in the ring.
It's not boxing though, it's a dream come true for us Millers who want to see us play as high in the football pyramid as possible. If punching above our weight was needed to be able to compete then how are we supposed to do that with all the injuries?
We're not! It's as simple as that, We're not supposed to be competing but we are! We're doing more than competing we're getting points out of games we shouldn't be due to the depletion of the squad.

These players are giving us their all! There is pride in every one of those players playing for Rotherham United. We have had players before who we forget the played for us and you can only call them Millers because they turned up but these guys!

Every single one of them is proving that playing for Rotheham United means something! These players in this squad are Millers! And it's fecking great being able to watch them!

Enjoy the match folks! We may be happier at the final whistle than we've been so far this season!

miller172
06-10-2018, 01:02 PM
Well after reading that Frog I've just slapped 20 quid on us to win @ 17/4 with William Hill

caytonmiller
06-10-2018, 01:02 PM
Rodak; Jones, Ajayi, Vaulks, Mattock; Taylor, Palmer, Manning, Newell; Williams; Smith.

SUBS | Price, Vyner, Onariase, Forde, Wiles, Vassell, Lewthwaite.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Hope you win the money! Same team as Wednesday. UTM!!

Ronners
06-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Nice start as ever frog, I do believe that due to Birmingham being down there with us at the moment, that this is a game that we will look at as targeting at least a point. However, I'm not meaning to be disrepectful to Birmingham as they are a big club (who isn't compared to us in this league) but I hope that because we have played really well in recent weeks, sometimes without getting anything, we don't get complacent, we have to turn up every week with no one either slacking or hiding.
It makes the job even harder with the injury list we have , and altho Birmingham are down there with us, they have won at Leeds and drawn at Brentford in the last couple of weeks so another tough game expected, although I do feel optimistic about getting something.
Good luck to both the team and the travelling supporters, take it one game at a time. UTM.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Lee Camp in goal for Brum. Wondered where he had ended up after Sunderland

great_fire
06-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Just been watching the end of the Leeds match.

That Jansson thinks he's in the Sex Pistols or something.

"This is ****"

"Could you mind your language please?"

"I don't care"

millmoormagic
06-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Well after reading that Frog I've just slapped 20 quid on us to win @ 17/4 with William Hill

XD

Great opening post froggy!

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys and dolls.

BigLadonOS
06-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Any streams available?

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Any streams available?

I doubt it Biglad.Don't know if Radio Sheffield are covering it but the only way to definately listen to is through ifollow.

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Live on Radio Sheffield!!!!

BigLadonOS
06-10-2018, 01:55 PM
cheers frog

PerigordMiller
06-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Afternoon frog n all.

Don't tell anyone, but I've got pictures in UK.

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Come on lads. Let's start our away points tally.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Afternoon frog n all.

Thats sneaky! VPN?

CTMilller
06-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Morning Frog'n'all. Nights are drawing in. It's barely light outside yet. Hope we can get something from this. Shame Towell couldn't get back for it, though...

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Dangerous free kick. Defence sleeping so far

BigLadonOS
06-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Afternoon frog n all.

U have Kodi?

mygiddypant
06-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Afternoon folks. Ok so far, but tough fixture. Don't think their position accurately reflects how well they have been playing. A point will be good.

PerigordMiller
06-10-2018, 02:18 PM
Thats sneaky! VPN?
no

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 02:22 PM
:blue:
We concede a poor goal. Rodak at fault.

ragingpup
06-10-2018, 02:23 PM
How did he let that in?! No replays this afternoon, looked poor

PerigordMiller
06-10-2018, 02:24 PM
U have Kodi?

no just ifollow

mygiddypant
06-10-2018, 02:24 PM
Has an aversion to catching

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 02:25 PM
:blue:
No respite from our terrible run of away results 2 - 0
demoralising

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 02:26 PM
That is a dreadful goal to concede.

millmoormagic
Looks like we're struggling with the big man Jutkierwicz...:s

mygiddypant
Game over :blue:

Edinburghmiller
I said defence were sleeping. 2 poor goals

HerbieCobbler
Dear Mr Stewart,

Buy a ****ing striker.

Yours,

Herbie

kevthemaltbymiller
06-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Afternoon all, this was always going to be a tough one. I think a few people thought it was going to be easy because of their position in the league but as someone as already said Birmingham have been playing quite well without getting more reward, a bit similar to us really. Perhaps it is just a game to far for our depleted squad.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Afternoon all, this was always going to be a tough one. I think a few people thought it was going to be easy because of their position in the league but as someone as already said Birmingham have been playing quite well without getting more reward, a bit similar to us really. Perhaps it is just a game to far for our depleted squad.Agree. Look a bit lacklustre to me

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Good chance spurned. Williams didn't shoot. It's definitely his weak spot.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Not surprised Warney is raging. Why didnt we shoot just then?

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 02:43 PM
From the radio commentary we are not playing too badly. We've got to start taking our chances if we are going to survive in this league.

kevthemaltbymiller
06-10-2018, 02:46 PM
54% possession, but need to create a bit more, corner millers. Come on lads nice time to score.

kevthemaltbymiller
06-10-2018, 02:47 PM
Free kick brums.

PerigordMiller
06-10-2018, 02:52 PM
ht 0-2

not playing bad, but need to shoot on sight

CTMilller
06-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Our ability to break and get the ball forward at speed is a joy to watch; our capacity for getting it across the line between the sticks isn't. Vassell on in the second half might help but it's a long climb back and, in terms of changing it up, we haven't really got the resources that, say, Stoke had in the same position.

We live in hope, though

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:01 PM
We've lost our last 6 away games
We've not scored in the last 4
Our leading goalscorer is Proctor with 3, followed by Vaulks with 2 and Manning with 2 penalties.
I believe that we have only scored 1 goal this season from open play.
Stats suggest we have no chance of getting back into this game.
Come out fighting in the second half and hope for something - a couple of slices of luck wouldn't come amiss.

millmoormagic
06-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Our ability to break and get the ball forward at speed is a joy to watch; our capacity for getting it across the line between the sticks isn't. Vassell on in the second half might help but it's a long climb back and, in terms of changing it up, we haven't really got the resources that, say, Stoke had in the same position.

We live in hope, though

Indeed.

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:02 PM
From the radio commentary we are not playing too badly. We've got to start taking our chances if we are going to survive in this league.

Seriously we have to start and shoot instead of trying to pass it in.

They don't deserve their two goal lead. Smithy needs the referee to protect him a little because they're targetting him and getting away with it.

Ajayi is turning into one of my all time favourite players for The Millers.

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:05 PM

We live in hope, though

I think we'll see Vassell for Newell although I don't think Newell has finished here yet. I can see him getting one back. Don't know why but I think he'll get a goal.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:10 PM
I think we'll see Vassell for Newell although I don't think Newell has finished here yet. I can see him getting one back. Don't know why but I think he'll get a goal.Big Newell fan but he’s not at his best today

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:11 PM
We are currently the only team in the bottom 8 who are losing

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Hope he gets a goal though!

millmoormagic
06-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Paul Warne really needs to stop trimming the beard.....

kevthemaltbymiller
06-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Vassel coming on for who? I would like us to go two up top. I'd take taylor off I think.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:15 PM
Vassell for Newell

great_fire
06-10-2018, 03:18 PM
I think the players expect to lose away now, they're stuck in a losing mentality that they need to get out of.

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Corner! come on ffs

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:20 PM
We need a bit of luck.

And a couple of goals

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Wiles on for Manning

Something not clicking today.

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:26 PM
I think the players expect to lose away now, they're stuck in a losing mentality that they need to get out of.

You're right. I expect us to lose every away game as well.
I'm beginning to think I should find something better to do than listen to our away match commentaries.

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:27 PM
You're right. I expect us to lose every away game as well.
I'm beginning to think I should find something better to do than listen to our away match commentaries.

Those thoughts have just been reinforced.

kevthemaltbymiller
06-10-2018, 03:28 PM
This is the type of game where you need that bit of quality to unlock the door as we are matching them, all be it it sounds a very scrappy game but that bit of quality edges it in your favour. 3 - 0 game well and truly over.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Thats that! Need international break and get our injured players back

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Palmer is having his best match for a long while.

millmoormagic
06-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Palmer is having his best match for a long while.

He had a decent game against Bristol too...

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Thats that! Need international break and get our injured players back

You're spot on!

We're very jaded

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:36 PM
The free kicks given in this match against those not given is telling.

We've not had the run of the green

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:36 PM
One back! Taylor

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Gooooaaaaaallllll!

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Vassell is doing well
2 shots on target and an assist

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:40 PM
We're going to win 4-3

great_fire
06-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Edging closer to the relegation zone every week unfortunately.

Blades are top.

I did say go for Chris Wilder when we went for Warnock instead.

He did keep us up but then he was off.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:43 PM
We're going to win 4-3love the optimism:D

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Corner - don't waste it

Ronners
06-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Let's not get too despondent, I look forward to hearing from the people who went to the game, on sky sports he said we got the goal we deserved because of the chances we have made, so we are at least making chances, and bear in mind our main injury problem is at cb.
As I write this it's 3-1 to brum but I'm looking forward to hearing from the guys and gals who went.

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Another corner - more pressure
Comes to nothing

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 03:48 PM
Let's not get too despondent, I look forward to hearing from the people who went to the game, on sky sports he said we got the goal we deserved because of the chances we have made, so we are at least making chances, and bear in mind our main injury problem is at cb.
As I write this it's 3-1 to brum but I'm looking forward to hearing from the guys and gals who went.

We seriously don't deserve to be 3 down. They're just a defensive unit. So many big lads.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:49 PM
We all need Frog’s optimism. Just one poor day for us!

millmoormagic
06-10-2018, 03:54 PM
We seriously don't deserve to be 3 down. They're just a defensive unit. So many big lads.

What we ALL have to do is stay with the team, they're playing well without getting the results they deserve at the moment, the last thing this set of lads needs is the miserable gits all sticking the knife in their backs...

Ronners
06-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Cheers frog, obviously I don't know this, but are their big lads athletic? Because in the division below us they are big and cumbersome. I'm convinced if we keep playing like it sounded like we played we will pick points up away soon.

Edinburghmiller
06-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Cheers Frog! We all need to keep cheering the team on and not jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon. Back in 2 weeks. UTM!

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Cheers frog, obviously I don't know this, but are their big lads athletic? Because in the division below us they are big and cumbersome. I'm convinced if we keep playing like it sounded like we played we will pick points up away soon.

Very much so Ronners. Clever at the dirty stuff. Smith didn't have a chance today and was only a foil for Vassell when he came on. They just kept us out especially when they took the lead.

Up until alf time we matched them and eventually they closed the game down pretty much by keeping Smith quiet. Some strange decisions given at one end but not at the other.

It's just clear that our squad isn't big enough.

Ah well! A couple of weeks off to recharge the batteries!

Thanks everyone.

Nardendee
06-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Just happy to be out of the bottom 3 going into the International break.

One good thing today. We doubled our away goals tally in 1 game. 😜

frogmiller
06-10-2018, 04:05 PM
What we ALL have to do is stay with the team, they're playing well without getting the results they deserve at the moment, the last thing this set of lads needs is the miserable gits all sticking the knife in their backs...

The team didn't do enough to win today but they didn't nerrit the scoreline.

wrinkly
06-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Disappointed today.
We seem to have played ok but just miss that clinical touch. Clinical touch in this division is expensive beyond our means. I don't know if there is a realistic solution.
Home form is good though and will need to keep that up and hope we can conjure something up away. A few lucky wins will do for me.
Players are doing all they can and Warney is getting the best out of them.
I hope it's good enough at the end of the day.

PerigordMiller
06-10-2018, 04:08 PM
That was difficult to watch.

As Eds said, abit jaded today and confidence drained after second goal.

Cheers Frog

Ronners
06-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Very much so Ronners. Clever at the dirty stuff. Smith didn't have a chance today and was only a foil for Vassell when he came on. They just kept us out especially when they took the lead.

Up until alf time we matched them and eventually they closed the game down pretty much by keeping Smith quiet. Some strange decisions given at one end but not at the other.

It's just clear that our squad isn't big enough.

Ah well! A couple of weeks off to recharge the batteries!

Thanks everyone.

Cheers frog, just what I thought.