PDA

View Full Version : OT - tram-train

Rothbiz
12-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Details of the timetable and prices have been announced for the new tram-trains that are set to start taking passengers later this month.

https://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2018/10/news-5969-tram-train-timetable-fills-in.html

frogmiller
12-10-2018, 04:45 PM
As an example of the prices, passengers will be able to get from Parkgate to Meadowhall for £1.80. A trip further than the FlyDSA Arena is £2.50.

Blimey that is brilliant pricing.

On behalf of everyone who will travel to the area from afar and experience this great mode of transport I would like to thank you all for subsidising this service for us.

great_fire
12-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Where is the stop at Parkgate?

Pattylallacks2
12-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Where is the stop at Parkgate?

At the back of the retail park

great_fire
12-10-2018, 05:07 PM
As an example of the prices, passengers will be able to get from Parkgate to Meadowhall for £1.80. A trip further than the FlyDSA Arena is £2.50.

Blimey that is brilliant pricing.

On behalf of everyone who will travel to the area from afar and experience this great mode of transport I would like to thank you all for subsidising this service for us.

The government funded it, it's a £50 million two-year pilot project to see if tram-trains would work all over the country.

WanChaiMiller
13-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Should have extended Sheffield Supertram through Whiston to Maltby as proposed years ago (early 90s??). Would really have benefitted that part of Rotherham.

I remember local residents campaigning against it.

loyalmiller
13-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Should have extended Sheffield Supertram through Whiston to Maltby as proposed years ago (early 90s??). Would really have benefitted that part of Rotherham.

Some of them still have ‘say no to the tram’ Placards in their gardens.

To be fair though I wouldn’t have wanted it on my doorstep either.

frogmiller
13-10-2018, 08:55 AM

I always looked at that project as opening the Ellaby industrial estate up for the habitants of Sheffield and not the other way round WanChai

They got the HS2 instead now.

frogmiller
13-10-2018, 08:56 AM
The government funded it, it's a £50 million two-year pilot project to see if tram-trains would work all over the country.

If its not cosing you guys owt I'm impressed.

WanChaiMiller
13-10-2018, 09:15 AM
I always looked at that project as opening the Ellaby industrial estate up for the habitants of Sheffield and not the other way round WanChai

I always saw it working both ways. Opening up the job market in Shef for Roth residents. Sheffielders with jobs in the city to relocate to Roth.

millmoormagic
13-10-2018, 09:26 AM
I always saw it working both ways. Opening up the job market in Shef for Roth residents. Sheffielders with jobs in the city to relocate to Roth.

Yeh me too, i live this end and thought it would be a great asset, though hard work during the building, i think most of those who campaigned against were those through Whiston, Wickersley, directly affected if they live on East Bawtry road etc

frogmiller
13-10-2018, 10:57 AM

I know people who work in Sheffield city centre who would benefit froma fast link. Both of them go to Meadowhell and park up waiting for the train. The new link will certainly halp one who lives in Parkgate. I wonder if they'll charge for parking there?

great_fire
13-10-2018, 11:00 AM
At the back of the retail park

Cheers.

That's a bit of a walk, hope they have a park and ride.

avondalemiller
13-10-2018, 02:04 PM
...that's why they're going to build on the Green belt at Greasbro, not for Rotherham folk to get to work.....