PDA

View Full Version : Mattock

frogmiller
24-10-2018, 08:07 AM
What ever you think of him and I was one who thought that Purrington would have been a better option this season but I can't deny that he's getting better and better each week.

Downing has been an extremely good player over the years but last night matto

frogmiller
24-10-2018, 08:08 AM
What ever you think of him and I was one who thought that Purrington would have been a better option this season but I can't deny that he's getting better and better each week.

Downing has been an extremely good player over the years but last night Mattock played the perfect game against him.

An outstanding performance

rolymiller
24-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Yep agree froggy. He seems to be cutting out those daft mistakes defensively. He has always been comfortable going forward. Keep it up on Saturday joe lad.

Lolmorgan
24-10-2018, 06:12 PM
I think a few clubs will be looking at some of our players come January,I think if the price is right it will be hard to refuse.

Brin
24-10-2018, 06:27 PM

Downing has been an extremely good player over the years but last night Mattock played the perfect game against him.

An outstanding performance

As tha had a cucumber sandwich?

Tha keeps repeating thi sen

zouch
24-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Joe is but one of many in this squad that has improved beyond any expectations. You have to admire the coaching staff for their impressive consistency in making players better. Well done Paul Warne and his team.

mikemiller
24-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Joe is but one of many in this squad that has improved beyond any expectations. You have to admire the coaching staff for their impressive consistency in making players better. Well done Paul Warne and his team.
I've never been completely convinced by Mattock (I was brought up on the consistency of the likes of Clish and Breck), but he does seem to have improved his tackling and blocking of crosses over the last year . He was always ok going forward, but he's got to keep his concentration at this level, where "individual error" usually equals "goal to the opposition". Still a few too many needless bookings due to hot-headedness. Reasons to be cheerful though generally...

flourbasher
24-10-2018, 08:16 PM
He has improved vastly this season but I thought Downing got way too many crosses in last night. Fortunately most of them were poor quality.

frogmiller
25-10-2018, 08:04 AM
He has improved vastly this season but I thought Downing got way too many crosses in last night. Fortunately most of them were poor quality.

I had that in mind flour. Downings crossing was desperate. Mattock kept moving him into places and on the side he wasn't comfortable with.

frogmiller
25-10-2018, 08:04 AM
As tha had a cucumber sandwich?

Tha keeps repeating thi sen

You can say that again

Hazza Has A Gazza
25-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Thought he was at fault for Boltons equaliser, let the ball bounce when he had time to deal with it and got dispossessed. Often gets caught flat footed and out of position.
Having said all that, I think he's a better and more important player now than he was two years ago. He had a great season in L1 and has carried that confidence into this season. If you look through his career he's spent most of it at this level so he's not really punching above his weight.