PDA

View Full Version : Accrington

gkotw
24-10-2018, 02:43 PM
Just looked at the League 1 table for the first time in ages and I was gob smacked to see Stanley sat in fourth place.

Brilliant stuff. I would love to see them emulate our feat under steve evans and get back to back promotions.

If they did, would it be fair to say they'd be the "smallest club" ever to play in the second tier? Its a moot, and debatable, point but I think I'd rank them as smaller than Yeovil and Burton.

millmoormagic
24-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Agree, it would be a great achievement.

CAMiller
24-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Who?

Lolmorgan
24-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Who?

Drink your milk.

millmoormagic
24-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Drink your milk.

Get off your horse....

animallittle3
24-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Just looked at the League 1 table for the first time in ages and I was gob smacked to see Stanley sat in fourth place.

Brilliant stuff. I would love to see them emulate our feat under steve evans and get back to back promotions.

If they did, would it be fair to say they'd be the "smallest club" ever to play in the second tier? Its a moot, and debatable, point but I think I'd rank them as smaller than Yeovil and Burton.

Second smallest budget in the entire football league , only Morecambe operate on a lower one .

Remarkable what they are achieving over there , certainly better than our overpaid big time charlies at the moment .

Brin
24-10-2018, 06:35 PM
https://youtu.be/pieK7b4KLL4

CASPER-64-FRANK
24-10-2018, 07:21 PM
We used to love going over the Pennines to Accrington.
The pitch was awful, away end was uncovered so you got wet through if it was raining, they used to sell out of bottled beer ten minutes after kick-off, ( Not surprisingly with some of our lot )
Stewards were friendly and so were Accy supporters.
A pub right outside the ground, what more could you wish for.
A proper football club, good luck to them this season.

The cash they got for Kayden Jackson will have helped them this season.

Brin
24-10-2018, 07:39 PM
We used to love going over the Pennines to Accrington.
The pitch was awful, away end was uncovered so you got wet through if it was raining, they used to sell out of bottled beer ten minutes after kick-off, ( Not surprisingly with some of our lot )
Stewards were friendly and so were Accy supporters.
A pub right outside the ground, what more could you wish for.
A proper football club, good luck to them this season.

The cash they got for Kayden Jackson will have helped them this season.

Don't forget that great chippy on the top road. Eating fish chips and peas walking down to the ground was great, even if it was raining!

Hazza Has A Gazza
25-10-2018, 01:18 AM
Wonder what influence Ihiekwe is having in defence there? He's playing every game from what I can gather. Was solid for us last season until the playoffs where he had probably the worst two performances of his career. Out of character for him.
Id like to see him back here in January along with Purrington.

gkotw
25-10-2018, 04:54 AM
And unless I'm very much mistaken, Accrington is Bumble's (aka David Lloyd) team. Everybody loves Bumble.

Looks like we could start the Stanley supporters Rotherham branch from this board alone. Proper town, proper club, genuine fans. Everything the Sky/plastic/Premier League modern day football monster isn't.

Up the Stanley!!

Hazza Has A Gazza
25-10-2018, 01:11 PM
And unless I'm very much mistaken, Accrington is Bumble's (aka David Lloyd) team. Everybody loves Bumble.

Looks like we could start the Stanley supporters Rotherham branch from this board alone. Proper town, proper club, genuine fans. Everything the Sky/plastic/Premier League modern day football monster isn't.

Up the Stanley!!

Punk Football.

hotun
25-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Stanley St WMC FC