25-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Been sacked apparently?

Not surprised

Shows what a good job Warne is doing.

rolymiller
25-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Yep gone

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45972183

Feel a bit sorry for him and it ain't good news for us. Thought it was always a bit too big a jump for him at this stage. He should have stayed with the shrews. Think he'll get another job ok in lower leagues.

As long as itfc don't come looking at mr warne but then again he's a norwic h man so we may be ok.

millmoormagic
25-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Modern football eh... have unbridled success for a few years, hit a sticky patch and get sacked after 6 months...

mikemiller
25-10-2018, 04:22 PM
My guess (and hope) is that Ipswich fans will want a well-known name as manager now (or possibly an ex-player), after lack of success under the relatively-unknown Hursty. Don't forget that many of them thought that the status of Mick McCarthy was not enough.

mellowmiller
25-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Paul Lambert is flavour of the month on their message boards.

great_fire
25-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Bad signings did for Hurst.

Hazza Has A Gazza
25-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Thought his signings were decent tbf. They were technically better than us when we beat them, just seemed a matter of time before it clicked but it hasn't happened.
He needs a club that he can guide to the Championship, then he should get a fair crack at it.

caytonmiller
25-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Bad signings did for Hurst.

Hurst made some good signings. Its the fact they sold 4 players for a potential 16 million and only spent 3 million replacing them that has killed him plus 6 players who were released. 4 of them always being around Mick Mac match day squad...

Warne/rufc have lost more games this season than Hurst/itfc. In fact Mick's last 10 games he lost the same amount as Hurst has in 14 games.

mikemiller
25-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Its the fact they sold 4 players for a potential 16 million and only spent 3 million replacing them that has killed him plus 6 players who were released. 4 of them always being around Mick Mac match day squad...

Some of the Ipswich fans on the websites and national radio phone-ins have been saying the same thing

great_fire
25-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Hurst made some good signings. Its the fact they sold 4 players for a potential 16 million and only spent 3 million replacing them that has killed him plus 6 players who were released. 4 of them always being around Mick Mac match day squad...

Warne/rufc have lost more games this season than Hurst/itfc. In fact Mick's last 10 games he lost the same amount as Hurst has in 14 games.

Mick probably not at his most motivated for some of those games though since he was told his contract wasn't being renewed.

caytonmiller
25-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Mick probably not at his most motivated for some of those games though since he was told his contract wasn't being renewed.

Ok then. from 2nd January Ipswich played 22 games. Only Won 6. Lets agree Maybe Hurst should be given more time?
It's the same with Middlesbrough fans. Calling for pulis to go cos his team selection is never right. FFS there top of the league. Talk about Billy big bowlax

Nardendee
25-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Ipswich have been on the slide for a while now and I donít think the folk down there really knew what a good job Mick has done for them.

In bygone days it was a massive job, remember when Ronnie thought he was about to be appointed. Not know though. I donít think they have the money they had before.

I donít believe itís Pauls fault but his experience was of the lower leagues not with the bigger egos associated with a bigger club hence why he brought in players from below.

If they need someone to get them out of the league, Stubbs is their man. Note I didnít mean upwards.

Paul Hurst will easily get a job in league 1.

jocksgloves
25-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Shame it didn't work out. He will get another chance in a lower league. Still think he may manage us one day.

Silly-miller
25-10-2018, 06:50 PM
You canít blame hurst the took on a impossible job at a club who had unrealistic expectations. Like Cayton said big players left and only a few came it to replace them. Micky said something on sky before the game he asked where was this money when they were pushing for promotion. They can get pep in and still wouldnít be out of bottom three with board members tying managers hands behind his back

Steve Miller
25-10-2018, 06:59 PM
Well nows the time for us to get a bid in for that man Emmanuel... loaned to Shrewsbury and doing brilliantly for them.
Lets have him here in the Jan window..

Ericsladkilnhurst
25-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Always thought Hurst made a bad decision in taking on the managers job at Ipswich, when McCarthy
was there he had no money to spend, which should have sent alarm bells ringing to Hurst.
He should have stayed at Shrewsbury where he was doing a good job.
Has said in posts he will be on the short list of some division one / two clubs, where the chairman
is thinking of sacking some under performing manager.

WanChaiMiller
25-10-2018, 08:02 PM
What goes round come round. He dumped Shrewsbury with indecent haste.

mellowmiller
25-10-2018, 08:10 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Bradford City are monitoring the situation.

millavanilla
25-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Bradford City are monitoring the situation.

Ha, have to laugh..not at hursty but people..hursty may be pride hurt but laughing all the way to the bank..
Its all guessing from me, but hes not daft, this was catered for..and its my guess he'll be RICHER THAN ANYONE ON HERE..so why feel sorry for anyone thats gonna get another job that will pay more than MOST PEOPLE ON HERE CAN EARN...hursty was a great servant to rotherham united but lets move on and think about people much more less priveleged...

mellowmiller
25-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Ha, have to laugh..not at hursty but people..hursty may be pride hurt but laughing all the way to the bank..
Its all guessing from me, but hes not daft, this was catered for..and its my guess he'll be RICHER THAN ANYONE ON HERE..so why feel sorry for anyone thats gonna get another job that will pay more than MOST PEOPLE ON HERE CAN EARN...hursty was a great servant to rotherham united but lets move on and think about people much more less priveleged...

I can't see where I've said I feel sorry for him! Just that Bradford City may be interested now that he's available.

flourbasher
25-10-2018, 09:09 PM
I would imagine a lot of clubs protect themselves these days where if their league position is poor then any payoff is limited.
Probably still decent money by Joe Public standards though

gkotw
26-10-2018, 04:56 AM
I think Flour is right. Theres likely to be contract Key Performance Indicators inserted as at certain timeframes with break clauses inserted if the KPI isnt met.

sota
26-10-2018, 05:01 AM
Been sacked apparently?

Not surprised

Shows what a good job Warne is doing.

Yep

millavanilla
26-10-2018, 05:37 AM
I can't see where I've said I feel sorry for him! Just that Bradford City may be interested now that he's available.

Sorry mellow, meant to put it in the reply to thread box... 🤡

Lolmorgan
26-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Iíve listened to hursty a few time now & he comes across as a bit of a knob,have I got sympathy for him NO job too big for him.

mellowmiller
26-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Sorry mellow, meant to put it in the reply to thread box... 🤡

No problem 😋

mellowmiller
26-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Iíve listened to hursty a few time now & he comes across as a bit of a knob,have I got sympathy for him NO job too big for him.

He may be suffering from "Little Man Syndrome." 😉

flourbasher
26-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Let's not forget Hursty is a Wendy fan too

sota
27-10-2018, 03:44 AM
I donít believe itís Pauls fault but his experience was of the lower leagues not with the bigger egos associated with a bigger club hence why he brought in players from below.
Paul Hurst will easily get a job in league 1.

Good points Mr Dee.

frogmiller
27-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Well nows the time for us to get a bid in for that man Emmanuel... loaned to Shrewsbury and doing brilliantly for them.
Lets have him here in the Jan window..

I think Jones is better but Emmanuel was great for us last season.

caytonmiller
27-10-2018, 10:28 AM
Big jump from league one to champ. I'm happy with the two we have though if Emmanuel is available on the cheap then go get him plus he can learn a lot from jones. 150k should get him if the new Ipswich manager doesn't fancy him

great_fire
27-10-2018, 10:49 AM
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel