View Full Version : Just wondering...

Alcott
01-01-2014, 12:01 AM
...who would be first to post in 2014?

Beat Wazzer & Midnite!! XD

SilverTop60
01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Well done Alcott. You're a winner.

And so is DRFC. We have managed to battle our way down into the relegation zone for the first time this season as Sheff Wed sneak away.

A first for both.

oscarhold
03-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Be ye not disheartened - more cavalry may be on the way.
I must stop taking these tablets as I fear I may be hallucinating.

oscarhold
04-01-2014, 06:30 PM
What a wonderful day this has been for Doncaster Rovers fans.
A pathetic display and a loss against a poor League One side and, very predictably, the news that Wellens is moving on - no doubt a carefully orchestrated move to save money from Scrooge Bramall and his more than willing accomplice Skinflint Watson.
Perhaps this gruesome twosome will come clean and tell us exactly what it is that motivates their involvement with Doncaster Rovers football club - it certainly aint an interest on what happens on the football pitch or respect for supporters who fork out hard earned money or diminishing pensions in difficult financial times to watch their team.
The crowd today was pitiful, but it could well be less at the next home game if we appear to be continuing on a path towards League 2 or even worse - and, by the way, where is the usually verbose Gavin Baldwin ? Has he suffered an attack of Bramall induced laryngitis or has he been commercially exterminated to save further expense.

SilverTop60
04-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Clearly the cavalry was not on its way. The board have pretty well rejected that option (Sequentia Capital) and with a team of sickies we cannot drag ourselves out of the bottom 3. And all the huffing and puffing from Paul Dickov gets us nowhere in terms of improved results. We currently have a plan of self-destruction.

Less than 4,000 supporters at home to watch us lose to the bottom of League 1 team suggests we will have even less supporters at future home games against sterner opposition. Fans will only pay to watch us play well and win games, not to watch us lose to what should be far inferior teams.

I can only surmise that on current performance we are playing at the standard of a League 2 side and that is no use in the Championship. We will just face humiliation.

As always, Scrooge Bramall and Skinflint Watson are notable by their absence which summarises their lack of interest in the club and seeing us do well. They do not share the “Ryan dream”.

donnygadgy
08-01-2014, 05:30 PM
As always, Scrooge Bramall and Skinflint Watson are notable by their absence which summarises their lack of interest in the club and seeing us do well. They do not share the “Ryan dream”.
Given todays signing of Wellens i suppose you'll apologize for that rubbish

oscarhold
08-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Donnygadgy, It's a forum, lad.
People are entitled to surmise in the absence of info from the club and press and radio info. re. an interest from QPR and to give their opinion.
If you are happy with the way the club operates at the moment - well good for you. You are perfectly entitled to say so and far be it from me or anyone else to describe your view as rubbish. Perhaps you could get round to seeing postings from others who do not share your views in that way.

SilverTop60
08-01-2014, 07:22 PM
John Ryan's dream was for Sequentia Capital to buy the club, inject ?20+ million into new players and get DRFC into the Premiership, at which point Sequentia Capital took recover their investment. Not that any of these negotiations have been remotely open or explained to fans, but it is understood that Bramhall and Watson opposed the deal and think we are doing well enough currently as a team. Not everyone thinks rejecting the deal is a good idea, even if the conditions have not been explained.

You are quite right, donnygadgy, and the majority of us are all wrong. Now we have signed up Wellens we will rocket up into the playoffs and look forward to the Premiership next season. We did not need Sequentia Capital's cash after all and Wellens will do it all.

donnygadgy
09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
You are quite right, donnygadgy, and the majority of us are all wrong. Now we have signed up Wellens we will rocket up into the playoffs and look forward to the Premiership next season. We did not need Sequentia Capital's cash after all and Wellens will do it all.
**** me,survival in this division is a big achievement for the second smallest supported club,look at the league,we've beaten 1st and 3rd(when in my lifetime did that happen,never)as Andy Liney pointed out on the old VSC forum in 2006 Bramhall and Watson were brought to the club because Ryan couldnt afford an attempt on getting to the Championship out of his own pocket therefore without their input there'd have been no cup win at Cardiff,no promotions and more likely to be facing teams like S****horpe or Rotherham

Alcott
09-01-2014, 10:30 PM
On Richie Wellens' 18 month contract extension Gavin Baldwin said it was "a clear signal of the owners' intent for the future". He's a fans' favourite and it's a welcome announcement so due credit to the Directors.

He's 34 in March and it remains to be seen how many games he plays in the 18 months. At this age players are obviously less mobile around the park. Also, they are more prone to injury and longer recovery time. However, due credit to the Directors.

Another three permanent signings in the window are needed - a decent mobile striker and two central defenders to shore up the joint second worst defence in the Championship. We could then have a 50-50 chance of staying up.

donnygadgy
20-01-2014, 10:56 AM
If you are happy with the way the club operates at the moment - well good for you. You are perfectly entitled to say so and far be it from me or anyone else to describe your view as rubbish. Perhaps you could get round to seeing postings from others who do not share your views in that way.
Yes i am happy and thank you to Paul Dickov along with thanks to Terry Bramall too,never before in my lifetime have Rovers beaten the previous seasons FA cup winners,Perhaps you can also get round to seeing postings of others who do not share your views by becomming a paid member of the VSC site,you and others that did that would become far better informed

oscarhold
20-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Sounds good this VSC Donnygadgy. However, I prefer to continue posting on the Board for the lesser informed. Incidentally, is Bramall your grandad ?

madirishsupporter
20-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes i am happy and thank you to Paul Dickov along with thanks to Terry Bramall too,never before in my lifetime have Rovers beaten the previous seasons FA cup winners,Perhaps you can also get round to seeing postings of others who do not share your views by becomming a paid member of the VSC site,you and others that did that would become far better informed[/quote]

No But...5th Jan 1974...came awful close to beating the eventual winners that season.

donnygadgy
23-01-2014, 10:14 AM
What a wonderful day this has been for Doncaster Rovers fans.
A pathetic display and a loss against a poor League One side and, very predictably, the news that Wellens is moving on - no doubt a carefully orchestrated move to save money from Scrooge Bramall and his more than willing accomplice Skinflint Watson.
Perhaps this gruesome twosome will come clean and tell us exactly what it is that motivates their involvement with Doncaster Rovers football club - it certainly aint an interest on what happens on the football pitch or respect for supporters who fork out hard earned money or diminishing pensions
good job theres a meet the owners event next monday when arseholes such as yourself can bring this up face to face with those involved doing there best(how many millions have you contributed?),just remember to speak loudly and clearly next monday night,i'll be listening out for you

oscarhold
23-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Donnygadgy,
I think your highly insulting post clearly illustrates what sort of person you are. If any body does not comply with your veiws on life you become personally abusive to them. I am afraid that I am unwilling to lower myself to enter in to an argument based on obscene expletives.
End of story.

Mick_Owns
23-01-2014, 12:54 PM
amazed donny mad is still going, seems pretty dead

Alcott
23-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Gadge, what's your grudge? Your posts, almost invariably, have an immature, fractious edge to them, seemingly ready to incite. The few who post on here are, in the main, 'moderates'.

As for NEW POSTER (?) Mick_Owns, alias -----? - pathetic!! :/