PDA

View Full Version : Tranmere v Wolves Match Thread

wolves71
01-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Myself, Dad and Sister will be making our way up to Prenton park at 10am, it's nice just to go by car instead of being sat on the coach.

Hopefully whatever side Kenny Jackett picks today it will be too strong for the home side. Wolves will miss Jack Price in midfield, but have to get on with it. I just hope Wolves can put a few chances away amd make it a good start to 2014 :)

wirralwolf
01-01-2014, 10:35 AM
its pay on the gate today so taking my lad to the pub handy today who else is going and where will they be drinking this afternoon

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Good morning boys and girls. Hope there are not too many sore heads among you this morning! What is the game day weather going to be like/ I know it is quite nasty in some parts of the UK today.

Either way I am confident we will make the best of it.

COME ON MI BABBIES!!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Good morning boys and girls. Hope there are not too many sore heads among you this morning! What is the game day weather going to be like/ I know it is quite nasty in some parts of the UK today.

Either way I am confident we will make the best of it.

COME ON MI BABBIES!!!

Ikeme; Ebanks-Landell Batth Stearman Ricketts; Jacobs Edwards McDonald Sako; Cassidy Griffiths.

SUBS: Elokobi Davis Evans Sigurdarson Golbourne Doyle Hennessey.

Griffo, Griffo!!

Woking88
01-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Woody, down in darkest Surrey, it is lashing it down. What we need at Prenton Park is lashings of Wolves goals! :D

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Woody, down in darkest Surrey, it is lashing it down. What we need at Prenton Park is lashings of Wolves goals! :D

I'm watching the City/swansea game Wokes and it i,
is, or was, piling it down in Swansea too.

Woking88
01-01-2014, 02:40 PM

is, or was, piling it down in Swansea too.[/quote]

Woody, I have just looked at the BBC weather forecast for the Manchester area. It would seem that similar weather, if it is not there already, It is on the way! :/

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM

is, or was, piling it down in Swansea too.[/quote]

Woody, I have just looked at the BBC weather forecast for the Manchester area. It would seem that similar weather, if it is not there already, It is on the way! :/[/quote]

Is it warm rain or cold rain Wokes?

Woking88
01-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Wind is from the South, Woody. Those with sensitive noses may detect a slight garlic ambience in the air! ;D

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Come on Wolves, we need a good win today and maybe even Peterborough to do us favour.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Come on Wolves, we need a good win today and maybe even Peterborough to do us favour.

Are you at the game Es***? Long drive from where, Tilbury?

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:18 PM

Are you at the game Es***? Long drive from where, Tilbury?[/quote]

No to far for me this one , not Tilbury I am in Chelmsford.
I wouldn't live in Tilbury if you paid me lol.

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Brentford 1 up .They really are flying. - view external link (b)

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Stearman Sent off not good news

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 03:21 PM
WTF!! Stearman red carded?:( :-(

Evewolf65
01-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Stearman sent off at Tranmere for deliberately pulling back Lowe when he was through on goal.
I am starting to get that overwhelming 'wheels are starting to come off' feeling!!:blue:

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Stearman sent off at Tranmere for deliberately pulling back Lowe when he was through on goal.
I am starting to get that overwhelming 'wheels are starting to come off' feeling!!:blue:

And a very familiar feeling that is .:blue:

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
SHIIIIIIIIITE...:blue:

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Looks like we are still making chances, at least we haven't gone into our shell,yet!

TundraWolf
01-01-2014, 03:36 PM
It will be interesting to see how Griffiths and Jacobs team up today. A potent duo if they can pull it off!

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Here we go, down the hole!! B ollocks.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Here we go, down the hole!! B ollocks.

Brentford 2-1 up at the moment. We are now 5 points behind them as it stands.

essexwolf
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Tranmere down to 10 men , Wallace sent off.

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
All square, 10 men each! Cmon you Wolves they have given us a life line!

Evewolf65
01-01-2014, 03:57 PM
All square, 10 men each! Cmon you Wolves they have given us a life line!

As I said in the prediction thread mate historically this was never gonna be an easy game and looking at the way things are going today that doesn't look like changing! :s

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Sounds like we are all over them at the moment. A goal pleeeeeease!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Sounds like we are all over them at the moment. A goal pleeeeeease!!

All I have to do is ask!:D :-D

TundraWolf
01-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Ask again, please Woody, we could use a two goal cushion!

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 04:29 PM

I'll give it another 10 mins Tundra, don't want to overload the system.XD

Doyle on for Cassidy, who was described as having "a quiet game".

Evewolf65
01-01-2014, 04:40 PM

I'll give it another 10 mins Tundra, don't want to overload the system.XD

Doyle on for Cassidy, who was described as having "a quiet game".[/quote]

That's polite Football speak for Cr4p I think,Woody!!XD

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 04:42 PM
OK you Wolves, please, please, pretty please, a late goal [or two] to put this game to bed.

Thank you in advance.

Evewolf65
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
OK you Wolves, please, please, pretty please, a late goal [or two] to put this game to bed.

Thank you in advance.

It ain't Gonna happen I'm afraid mate!:blue:

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Thank you in advance.

It ain't Gonna happen I'm afraid mate!:blue:[/quote]

I'll settle for them having that goal ruled offside. Desparate1

Evewolf65
01-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry but this just ain't good enough even though I knew it wouldn't be easy today, as it stands now we look like we may do a Sheffield United in other words look like we're gonna win the league at a canter and then dramatically fall away in the second half of the season!:s

WOODLANDSWOLF
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Closing comment from Tim Nash on the E&S site.

"Players' bodies strewn across the pitch in exhaustion as applause rings around the ground for a cracking game."

I guess they gave everything in the end but a tie still leaves a slightly bitter taste. Tranmere for gods sake! While we were tying that game Brentford were comfortably beating P,Boro at their place.

Something wrong somewhere, we are supposed to be the "big fish" in this division.

"Flounders" come to mind at the moment! :( :-(

Robus
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Aw hell. Just saw the score.

wolves71
01-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Loads of possession, but again no end product. It's easy to blame the weather or Stearman's sending off for not getting all three points.

Wolves took the game to Tranmere from the off, enjoyed seeing lots of the ball, but once Stearman tried one of his often seen breaks from the back, got himself into trouble and pulled the shirt of Lowe, he deserved what he got, i didn't think it was going to be our day.

I said to my Dad about the quality of the ball played forward by Taylor, Wolves tried to play Lowe offside, but even with Ikeme hesitating, i didn't think he'd score, but managed to put into Ikeme's left hand side of goal. Wallace deserved to see red aswell, poor challenge to catch Ebanks-Landell. This was an unlikely lifeline for Wolves. We even managed our first effort on goal through Jacobs, testing the Tranmere keeper from just inside the area. Have to say again, Wolves forward line in the half offered nothing. Another cause for concern even before the sending off was set-piece

wolves71
02-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Highlights from yesterday's game, challenge on Ebanks-Landell looked pretty bad yesterday, seeing it again and i'm surprised he got up from it. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/pj3aanq)

WOODLANDSWOLF
02-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Highlights from yesterday's game, challenge on Ebanks-Landell looked pretty bad yesterday, seeing it again and i'm surprised he got up from it.

Thanks Gav, much appreciated mate.:D

dunstablewolf
02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
What a load of rubbish.

Edwards has to start surely. We need goals and he scores goals????

Evewolf65
02-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Highlights from yesterday's game, challenge on Ebanks-Landell looked pretty bad yesterday, seeing it again and i'm surprised he got up from it.

That is Deffo one of the worst tackles I've ever seen in fact it wasn't a tackle it was an Assault!!!:O

MichiganWolf
02-01-2014, 07:20 PM
What a load of rubbish.

Edwards has to start surely. We need goals and he scores goals????

Well he also made our attack less effective in the second half of the Orient game after Price went out for Edwads.

But he does provide alot of effort and energy and I'm glad we've had him in this busy period when the legs get tired for some.

wolves71
02-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Edwards scored his goal, played as a makeshift right back in second half and got skinned a few times. His distribution of the ball was poor. He does have a goal in him every now and again, but once every midfielder is fit, shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line. A few ago it looked like McDonald and Edwards were going to be the midfield central pairing, but Jackett must have realised how sides were getting through that area with ease.

MichiganWolf
02-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Edwards scored his goal, played as a makeshift right back in second half and got skinned a few times. His distribution of the ball was poor. He does have a goal in him every now and again, but once every midfielder is fit, shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line. A few ago it looked like McDonald and Edwards were going to be the midfield central pairing, but Jackett must have realised how sides were getting through that area with ease.

Yep. He's fine in a pinch (like when you're hit by injuries and in a busy period), but personally, I hope he doesn't get that contract KJ had challenged him with earning. I'd keep him if he's dirt cheap (and I mean that almost literally) but otherwise it's money better spent elsewhere.