PDA

View Full Version : Coventry's support

deano_83
01-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Numbers wise, anyone else think it was a bit poor? Considering only about 1,500 or so go to Northampton and more to the away games, plus the size of the club, I thought they'd be filling that away end today easily with it being a new ground to visit.

Corner
01-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I thought it was a decent turnout considering how many tickets they'd sold b4 today, weather was awful, everyone hung over from last night, lots of games over Christmas period etc.

Only real criticism was how quiet they were, until the end that is!

Narrowboat09
01-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Their singing absolutely drounded us from start to finish. We are getting worse almost to the point of embarrassing.

deano_83
01-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Their singing absolutely drounded us from start to finish. We are getting worse almost to the point of embarrassing.

It was crap today generally, fairly decent around us as usual though but was a bit of an effort for some to make any noise I expect after last nights beer intake. XD

BradfordFozzie
01-01-2014, 09:41 PM
I've said this on another thread but I think if we'd have played them on any other weekend they would have filled the away end. A culmination of a few games coming thick and fast, New Years Eve and poor weather.

CoventryCityFC
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM
our numbers today wern't that bad. new years day, a lot of fans decided against it. We've also got a cup tie away to Barnsley on Saturday which a lot of our fans will be attending, was bit of a choice for many. Very enjoyable game today, had just about everything! You should have gone in at half time about 5-1 up!

ColinRUFC
01-01-2014, 09:55 PM
General atmosphere was rubbish. Not helped by practically the first song the North Stand Singers started up being about Coventry "going bust".

Oh what short memories some of our fans have.

The2ndComing
01-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm sure I heard something along the lines of "You haven't got a ground" just before kick off as well.

Obviously our Kop choir weren't around before we moved to NYS.

GijsbertBos
02-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Coventry are similar to Preston in my mind. People think they are bigger clubs than they actually are.

Yesterday was a new ground for Cov. Add that to the fact there are murmurings they are basing their new stadium on ours, you'd think their fans would want to see the ground, and the fact that they are apparently boycotting "home" games at Northampton and taking more away, I thought their following yesterday was poor.

gramiller1959
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM
our numbers today wern't that bad. new years day, a lot of fans decided against it. We've also got a cup tie away to Barnsley on Saturday which a lot of our fans will be attending, was bit of a choice for many. Very enjoyable game today, had just about everything! You should have gone in at half time about 5-1 up!

it was gutting mate :( but thats football :s glad you enjoyed the day, what did you think of NY ? hows the lad that went off on the stretcher ? or was he time wasting like the others ?

The2ndComing
02-01-2014, 02:31 PM
First time I've ever seen a spinal board being used for someone who was rolling around and kicking his legs about. Obviously a broken spine. And the other lad who screamed and writhed around in agony after being brushed by Arnason's finger (then got up and started running when the ref told him to get up) as soon as play re-started must have also been life threatening.

I wish them both the best and will be holding a minutes silence for both of them this time next year.

millertop
02-01-2014, 02:55 PM
[quote="ColinRUFC".

Oh what short memories some of our fans have.[/quote]

Yes always get some fans embarrassing themselves and I'll put money on there will be a poor excuse for it and they'll say we need to get a sense of humour :/

Maybe if the songs were appropriate then more fans would sing

great_fire
02-01-2014, 03:35 PM
First time I've ever seen a spinal board being used for someone who was rolling around and kicking his legs about. Obviously a broken spine. And the other lad who screamed and writhed around in agony after being brushed by Arnason's finger (then got up and started running when the ref told him to get up) as soon as play re-started must have also been life threatening.

I wish them both the best and will be holding a minutes silence for both of them this time next year.

Bit unfair as they both had genuine injuries: - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25578728)

CrackersATM
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Coventry away support is either massive or poor with little in between. They took 7,000 to MK Dons this season but that looks like over 5,000 glory hunters joining the regular fans.

A few seasons ago in Lge 2 we played Torquay in December the same weekend Coventry in the Championship played Plymouth. Later that season checking one of their match day programmes we took more fans even though our journey was longer etc. When we where in the Championship their travelling support to Millmoor was always poor and compared to similar size clubs like Leicester and West Brom it was shocking.

UTM!