PDA

View Full Version : One Rule Change (you pick)

CAMiller
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Much discussion on here about refereeing decisions recently and in the past there has been talk about introducing instant video replay for goal/penalty decisions, official timekeepers to cut out time wasting etc.

There was much merriment recently about the use of the 'spray paint' in next year's World Cup to mark free kick/wall placement. If you could change or introduce one new rule (serious or frivolous) what would it be?

Mine - a 2 to 3 yard arc around the corner flag where there would be a foul amnesty and players could kick the opposition as much as they liked when the ball is in play. Can you tell I hate time wasting, especially when players take the ball into the corner XD

gramiller1959
02-01-2014, 11:17 PM
linesmen and refs must wear there glasses ;D

CAMiller
02-01-2014, 11:31 PM

Just got call from Poddington and his suggestion is that before posters on MM get to use smileys they should know the difference between there, their and they're XD

Who were your teachers at Monkwood Juniors, I need to have a word with them ;D

caytonmiller
02-01-2014, 11:32 PM
after every game a Q & A session for referee and linesman.

mikemiller
03-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Podd is, of course, technically correct... but he should be aware that most posts after about 11pm will be from Millersmadsters returning from the pub...so, to some extent, he should be happy that he can make sense of these posts anyway (including some of my ramblings!)

millertop
03-01-2014, 08:57 AM
after every game a Q & A session for referee and linesman.

Good call.

Would like to just let them get on with playing football instead of ***** footing around :/
Seriously some go for a ball (which is the idea or am I wrong?) 50/50 but the ref decides to give a free kick ( for reasons only known to him) :/

Miller67
03-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Do away with penalties as they stand at the moment, far too much of the game is spent trying to win them.
Refs have the sometimes impossible task of making a split second decision that can win or lose a game, and with up top 22 players trying to con him it's become ridiculous.
Have spot kicks for hand ball on the line, after that award a free kicks outside the box, to try to make it not worthwhile diving when a shooting chance is on, we all know that 80% of the time players could if they wanted, stay on their feet when there's 'contact'

While we're at it do away with any association with the Premiership ie, no promotion to it, then sit back and watch it whither and disappear up it's own arris >:( grrrrrrrr.

marshmiller
03-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Bring in the old subbuteo pitch markings that had the offside between the penalty box and the half way line.Would weed out the poachers from the real footballers?? B)

TOM_RUFC
I think a good rule to introduce would be that a player must be inside the penalty area when fouled to be awarded a spot kick. Anything outside the penalty box should be a free-kick.

northy69
Would like to see the ten yard advancement of the ball rule they tried for a season reintroduced. I would have it though that the ref doesn't have to book the player to move the ball. This may stop players like Rooney constantly trying to ref the game.

I always find it unfair that if a player is fouled and needs treatment he has to leave the pitch, but not the player who fouled him. I'd make it so the offending player has to go off aswell.

myowzer
03-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I'd allow tackling, there seams to be a silly rule at the minute that if you take the ball from another player using your feet it must be punished

tivoliman415783
03-01-2014, 12:42 PM
1. Absolouteley has to be retrospective punishment for diving and feigning injury

2. a player should not be sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity if a penalty has been given. Maybe something like if the penalty is scored the player who committed the foul is allowed back on the pitch. if the penalty is missed the player is sent off. sending a player off AND the opposition scoring the penalty is too much punishment for a foul and ruins the game for spectators.

3. would scrap the 5 yellow card suspension rule and change it to like rugby where if you get a yellow card you are sin-binned. would stop teams deliberately fouling as they would be immediately punished and the team getting kicked to bits would get the advantage that they deserve.

4. All red card offences should be referred to a video ref at the stadium to confirm that the correct decision has been made before the card has been shown. with the rewards on offer and cost of tickets for fans it can not go on th

BramleyMiller58
03-01-2014, 12:58 PM
The Player who's caused the injury (where appropriate) goes off the pitch for the same length of time as the injured player after treatment.

caytonmiller
03-01-2014, 03:26 PM
The Player who's caused the injury (where appropriate) goes off the pitch for the same length of time as the injured player after treatment.

not sure this would work EG
were chasing the game with 5 minutes left. pringle bumps into a player who goes down claming a head injury. ref stops game and both injured player and pringle both stand on the sidelines??
not sure fans/team who are chasing the game would be happy

Tenpast_Chelsea
04-01-2014, 09:26 AM
To allow a specific player to come off the bench for set plays, ie: penalties or free kicks

redandgreen
04-01-2014, 10:23 AM
1. Goalkeeper to take goal kick from the side where he picks the ball up.
2. Linesman standing on dead ball line should do his job and flag when the keeper moves forward before the penalty is kicked.
3. play to carry on and player treated by physio on the pitch. If needs to go off, or behaves if injury is serious, he should be assessed for 15 minutes and a 'blood' sub replacement made.
4. player needing stitches, should be allowed a 'blood' sub.
5. Serious foul play red cards should be downgraded if as rarely it is, the cheating opponent (eg Pope) has conned the ref to make it appear more serious.

Brin
04-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Introduce a sin bin ruling like rugby...you commit a foul off you go for 10 minutes...the yellows for shirt pulling/tripping/deliberately fouling and mouthing off at the Ref would disappear overnight...

The game could then flow and the possibility of more goals and entertainment may happen...racking up 5 yellows before you're left out for one game isn't the way forward as a consistent fouler needs to clean up their act...

Roamin_Miller
04-01-2014, 11:35 AM
That people actually have to understand the Laws of the game before commenting on the Rules...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
04-01-2014, 01:49 PM
A modified version of the V-Chip (see linky) instead of swearing it works with diving. Tests should be carried out on Suarez, Ronaldo and Ashley Young. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scGWwislOxE)

gramiller1959
04-01-2014, 01:53 PM

Just got call from Poddington and his suggestion is that before posters on MM get to use smileys they should know the difference between there, their and they're XD

Who were your teachers at Monkwood Juniors, I need to have a word with them ;D[/quote]

jesus CA thats along time since :s "THE" probably all dead ;D