PDA

View Full Version : Gillingham Match Thread

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Just took a walk around the ground, using Google maps of course, and it looks like the only boozer close to the ground is the "Livingstone". Anyone used this place before? Evewolf?

Weather at kickoff, partly cloudy, temperature 9c [whatever that is?] and windy, 23mph, gusts up to 26mph. better pack your longjohns boys!

Team news when available.

Have a good trip anyone thats going and "COME ON MI Babbies!!

wolves71
03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Jackett will have at least three enforced changes to make, Ikeme out injured,Ebanks-Landell, off after that horror challenge from Wallace, i doubt he'll make this one and Stearman suspended. It's anyone's guess to what the line up will be.

greystone16
03-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Wonder if Henry is fit and another player we are missing through in jury is Doherty so we do have a few problems at present with Price out for sometime and now McAlinden ill.

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 01:56 PM
and windy, 23mph, gusts up to 26mph. better pack your longjohns boys!

Team news when available.

Have a good trip anyone thats going and "COME ON MI Babbies!!

Yes I've been in there before Woody but generally have had a drink on Gillingham High Street before games at Priestfield as it isn't too far a walk!

dunstablewolf
03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Setting off in 30 mins.

Lets hope it is a happy evening.:-)

essexwolf
03-01-2014, 06:11 PM
At the ground now, let's put on a show for the TV boys .
Come on me babbies.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Come on me babbies.

Fingers crossed that's for sure.:s :

By the way, when I was asking where you came from I only mentioned Tilbury as it is the only place I really know in that area. I worked on a lot of projects at Tilbury Power Station in the 60s and 70s, it was as rough as ar$oles then, god knows what its like now!XD

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Come on me babbies.

By the way, when I was asking where you came from I only mentioned Tilbury as it is the only place I really know in that area. I worked on a lot of projects at Tilbury Power Station in the 60s and 70s, it was as rough as ar$oles then, god knows what its like now!XD[/quote]

Woody would you like me to go and fetch you a larger Shovel!! XD

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Come on me babbies.

By the way, when I was asking where you came from I only mentioned Tilbury as it is the only place I really know in that area. I worked on a lot of projects at Tilbury Power Station in the 60s and 70s, it was as rough as ar$oles then, god knows what its like now!XD[/quote]

Woody would you like me to go and fetch you a larger Shovel!! XD[/quote]

XD X-D :s :-S

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Come on me babbies.

XD X-D :s :-S[/quote]

Have you got the Big Screen fired up yet?

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Come on me babbies.

Have you got the Big Screen fired up yet?[/quote]

In about ten mins time mate. How about you, are you down there or going to watch it on the box?

Any team news yet?

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Come on me babbies.

Have you got the Big Screen fired up yet?[/quote]

In about ten mins time mate. How about you, are you down there or going to watch it on the box?

Any team news yet?[/quote]

No had it still been a Satur

Wolfiebill
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Hennessey not 1st choice. Must be on his way. Hope KJ jnows what he's doing

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Team news...

#Wolves 4231: McCarey; Ricketts Batth Elokobi Golbourne; Edwards McDonald; Henry Jacobs Sako; Doyle.

Oh 'Kin' Dear!!

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Wolves: 4-2-3-1

Starting XI: McCarey, Ricketts, Batth, Elokobi, Golbourne, Edwards, McDonald, Henry, Jacobs, Sako, Doyle

Subs: Davis, Griffiths, Evans, Cassidy, Ihiekwe, Foley, Flatt

Personally, I don't know what Big George is doing on the pitch. If Iheikwe is good enough to be on your bench, he's a better option than George. I'd rather go Foley in at RB. Mind boggling IMO

As said above, Henners must be on his way out if he is not starting and not on the bench, opting for Flatt from the reserve squad.

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 07:21 PM

Starting XI: McCarey, Ricketts, Batth, Elokobi, Golbourne, Edwards, McDonald, Henry, Jacobs, Sako, Doyle

Personally, I don't know what Big George is doing on the pitch. If Iheikwe is good enough to be on your bench, he's a better option than George. I'd rather go Foley in at RB. Mind boggling IMO

As said above, Henners must be on his way out if he is not starting and not on the bench, opting for Flatt from the reserve squad.

No I don't get that one either mate but lately I don't get a lot of what KJ does! :?

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 07:24 PM

No I don't get that one either mate but lately I don't get a lot of what KJ does! :?[/quote]

Scary! :s :-S

theplater
03-01-2014, 07:28 PM

No I don't get that one either mate but lately I don't get a lot of what KJ does! :?[/quote]

I don't get any of what Jackett does now, he's lost the plot completely imo!

theplater
03-01-2014, 07:31 PM

Tell you what Mich, I'd rather play Flatt instead of George!! and I might even sympathise with Jacketts tinkering if he did just that.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
This stream is working fine, at the moment. - view external link (http://www.stadium-live.com/Channel2.html)

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Pre match comments from Jackett, "Hennessy came in and told me he did not want to play"!? WTF

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Jackett has just said Hennessey came in this morning and said he didn't want to play this evening, obviously a bid is Imminent!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Crowd looks a bit thin.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Crowd looks a bit thin.

Is it just my imagination but are they testing Elokobi every chance they get!

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Like what I've seen from the midfield so far. No panicking, takin are of the ball. Good shot from Sako, hope he gets a few more opportunities like that.

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Wish Ricketts would have crossed that, had Doyle and Sako ready to win a header in the box.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Nicely worked chance, great cross from Henry.

derfblade
03-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Why is your leading scorer on the bench?

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Here you are my North American friends this is how bad things have got. Yet again plenty of possession but what is the point if you have no cutting edge! and the worst part is we are making the Gills look far,far better than they actually are!!:blue:

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Here you are my North American friends this is how bad things have got. Yet again plenty of possession but what is the point if you have no cutting edge! and the worst part is we are making the Gills look far,far better than they actually are!!:blue:

Sounds like the typical matches I've listened to - bright start, but no finishing and seem to get complacent after first 15 minutes or so.

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Answers on a postcard mate I have No Idea!!

theplater
03-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Just get Elokobi off the pitch, he's either just aimlessly hoofing it or getting in the way. We wouldn't miss him, or a replacement defender by the look of it, so just get him off and stick Griffiths on. Edwards is another option we could lose without notice.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Why can't we bloody score!! So frustrating, all that possession, plenty of running off the ball, using the whole width of the field, but no damn goals.:( :-(

I have a horrible feeling this is going to go down to the wire and then big George will pull a major [ock up out of the blue and that will be it!:s :-S

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Why can't we bloody score!! So frustrating, all that possession, plenty of running off the ball, using the whole width of the field, but no damn goals.:( :-(

I have a horrible feeling this is going to go down to the wire and then big George will pull a major [ock up out of the blue and that will be it!:s :-S

I'd put Elokobi in goal at the Mo as McCarey wouldn't be under pressure at left back!
Why our leading goal scorer never started the game is Beyond me fer F00k SAKE JACKETT GET A GRIP!!:/

darren62
03-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Got up at 3:30 to watch this and so far I think we look good apart from no cutting edge up front.

Big George was, still is, and always will be, a liability and I won't be surprised if he costs us in the second half.

Get Jacobs signed up asap and also get KP if you aren't going to play Griffo up front KJ.

Sako IMO is still over rated but at least plays like he wants to win ATM that is.

Get rid of that commentator...he's to commentating what big George is to football!

Expect the ball to hold up second half and us to go on and win it as Gillingham really don't look too good.

If we don't then lack of goals will find us out and we will end up here next season unless KJ gets someone in or at least plays our leading goal scorer.

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 08:55 PM
too much hoof ball imo
some of our passing is quite shocking and when we do manage a paass or 2 we then cant keep it...all this possession and nothing to show for it...not good enough...

my mom at the mo is jacobs

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
I have now got a bad bad feeling about this game!
:( :-(

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Lucky Gillingham didn't put a couple of those chances away. They look the better team this half, which is shocking.

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 09:06 PM
griffo on henry off

half hour to produce some magic then griffo cos no other b ugg er looks like scoring

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Bloody hell, their sub is bigger than big George!!

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 09:12 PM
bit of a man mountain aint he lol

it will be did the earth move for you if they collide ha ha

snod82
03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
How Elokobi is still at the club I don't know!? He's got to be the worst footballer I've ever seen. He doesn't even attempt to play, every single time it has come to him he's just hoofed it out of play?!!

derfblade
03-01-2014, 09:15 PM

Answers on a postcard mate I have No Idea!![/quote]Bet he comes on for last 5 mins.

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 09:17 PM
cassidy on doyler off

derfblade
03-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Oops!

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
I wonder if you can have so much possession that you just get bored with it? I think that has happened to us.

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Settling for shots from distance too much. Not enough off ball movement.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Settling for shots from distance too much. Not enough off ball movement.

**** me, this is so frustrating to watch. Doing my damn blood pressure no good at all.

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
depends how you sitting ha ha (sorry I gmc)

they hit the post omg...how close was that

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 09:31 PM
griffo just misses good save from keeper, flagged for off side bloody close imo like to see that again

Squiz_Wolf
03-01-2014, 09:36 PM
We deserved that. Pure and simple. Too poor up front. It was always going to end like that. FFS.

lesleywolf
03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
wtf,,,thats it im off to bed...

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Nobody to blame but ourselves. Gillingham was the better team a majority of the second half.

We looked tired the last 45 minutes. Too much hoofing forward. First half was much better and a solid performance despite no goal.

Golbourne, not sure what happened on that clearance. Kicked it backwards for the corner.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Why I am I not surprised? At the final whistle the commentator said, "They have done it, they have beaten the mighty Wolves!" Think on mate.:blue:

Robus
03-01-2014, 09:41 PM
If that doesn't beat all!

We deserved that. From what I saw we looked the better team but our threats evaporated as soon as we got anywhere near the box. Not good enough.

:(

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:41 PM
wtf,,,thats it im off to bed...

Your lucky, just think of all those poor b uggers that have got that long journey home. Still, if you ay suffered yew ay Wolves am ya!

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Gillingham has conceded 42 goals this year. 4th worst in the league. Hadn't kept a clean sheet since November 2. And despite the big advantage in possession, we didn't really threaten by the goal all that much.

So in our last two matches, we've played the 2nd worst and 4th worse defenses in the entire league and have scored 1 goal between the two matches. And only one point from two teams in the bottom half.

MichiganWolf
03-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Worst part - we are even on points with Orient, but they have two matches in hand now. Need to get some fresh blood and competition in!

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 09:47 PM
And so Kenny is the one to lead us from the wilderness back to broad Sunlit uplands is he??
Old Nick has decided not to sharpen his blades!!;D

darren62
03-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Off to bed with the view that big George has more chance of becoming a footballer than Cassidy does a centre forward.

His thought process is too far behind the game to ever be any more than a work horse who will score occasionally cos he will be in the right place at the right time.

Don't know why Griffo isn't starting but looked sharp when he did come on. Maybe as with Hennessy another who is on the way.

Didn't think too much of the keeper if I'm honest either but that could (I really hope so) been first match nerves.

Got it wrong with Sako I'm afraid.

He isn't over rated as I said earlier ... he is VASTLY over rated.

I do think we aren't having the run off the ball as their goal showed and we did look half decent but with no cutting edge in the final third our downfall will ultimately be lack of goals.

That is something I didn't think I would be saying after the reverse fixture earlier on in the season.

Only saving grace is that I am off back to bed now so won't have to watc

derfblade
03-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Unlucky? Maybe, but you need to get summat up front or you'll end up like us...3 years at this level and looking at a fourth(if we stay up). First year is ***** to get up and out of this depressing league so good luck for the rest of the season.

1_Ron_Saunders
03-01-2014, 09:51 PM
[quote="darren62"]Off to bed with the view that big George has more chance of becoming a footballer than Cassidy does a centre forward.

His thought process is too far behind the game to ever be any more than a work horse who will score occasionally cos he will be in the right place at the right time.

Don't know why Griffo isn't starting but looked sharp when he did come on. Maybe as with Hennessy another who is on the way.

Didn't think too much of the keeper if I'm honest either but that could (I really hope so) been first match nerves.

Got it wrong with Sako I'm afraid.

He isn't over rated as I said earlier ... he is VASTLY over rated.

I do think we aren't having the run off the ball as their goal showed and we did look half decent but with no cutting edge in the final third our downfall will ultimately be lack of goals.

That is something I didn't think I would be saying after the reverse fixture earlier on in the season.

Only saving grace is that

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Gillingham has conceded 42 goals this year. 4th worst in the league. Hadn't kept a clean sheet since November 2. And despite the big advantage in possession, we didn't really threaten by the goal all that much.

So in our last two matches, we've played the 2nd worst and 4th worse defenses in the entire league and have scored 1 goal between the two matches. And only one point from two teams in the bottom half.

I think the trouble lies in the fact that the way we are set up we don't create enough incisive runs into the box. The play is all side to side. McDonald will never get more time and space with the ball than he had today but in the last third he had nowhere to go with it, nobody was making runs behind the defenders so he just had to keep going wide with it.

If you are going to play a wing orientated attack you probably need Griffith on from the start as he is the most likely to get on the end of the crosses. I think, but

Evewolf65
03-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Unlucky? Maybe, but you need to get summat up front or you'll end up like us...3 years at this level and looking at a fourth(if we stay up). First year is ***** to get up and out of this depressing league so good luck for the rest of the season.

You're bang on Derf as I've said elsewhere on here if you don't get out in the first season this league can drag you right down!:blue: :blue:

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 09:54 PM

I don't think anyone on here is saying we were unlucky mate, we have been around too long for that.;D

Thanks for the good wishes and the same to you boys.

essexwolf
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
On my way home and I am speechless.
Woody if you have that shovel, can I borrow it there is a big hole with elokobis all over it.
Jackett had drop a few places on the fockleometer for me tonight.

Hagleywolf
03-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Edwards playing and no Griffiths. Predictable result in my opinion. Can't imagine how we expect to have any chance in midfield with sako and Edwards in midfield when the other team have the ball. As I said when we were in the premiership. If Edwards plays we won't do any good

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Woody if you have that shovel, can I borrow it there is a big hole with elokobis all over it.

XD X-D Tough night mate, my thoughts are with you brother. By the way you spelt Fickleometer, Fockelometer I guess that was on purpose under the circumstances right?:s :-S

essexwolf
03-01-2014, 10:14 PM

XD X-D Tough night mate, my thoughts are with you brother. By the way you spelt Fickleometer, Fockelometer I guess that was on purpose under the circumstances right?:s :-S[/quote]

Of course it was my friend;D

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Just popped over to the Gillingham board to see what comments there were on the game.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e3s5c7.jpg

chimplad
03-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Wolves defence were shocking tonight and if we weren't playing against a team that plainly didn't try to beat us then we would have suffered much more.
The attack was business as usual...closed for maintenence.

The worrying thing is that there is no togetherness, no communication and no passion.
We have a keeper that 'refused to play', a top scorer that doesn't start matches and a doyle that also doesn't start matches.

I'm not going to go on, just say two things...
Jacket has either lost the dressing room or is being told what to do by higher powers.

Film time now, I'll try and salvage something from tonight unlike the poor wolves fans that went to see that shower of shiiiiiite.

WOODLANDSWOLF
03-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Wolves defence were shocking tonight and if we weren't playing against a team that plainly didn't try to beat us then we would have suffered much more.
The attack was business as usual...closed for maintenence.

The worrying thing is that there is no togetherness, no communication and no passion.
We have a keeper that 'refused to play', a top scorer that doesn't start matches and a doyle that also doesn't start matches.

I'm not going to go on, just say two things...
Jacket has either lost the dressing room or is being told what to do by higher powers.

Film time now, I'll try and salvage something from tonight unlike the poor wolves fans that went to see that shower of shiiiiiite.

There you go Chimp, "a lack of passion" that was what I was trying to put my finger on when I was watching the game. A big factor and as you say it just wasn't there. I asked the question myself earlier, " can you have so much possession in a game tha

WOODLANDSWOLF
04-01-2014, 04:19 AM
On the bright side boys [and girls of course] what a lively and bright match thread. Good turnout, lots of contributions. OK some of it was inane, purile, repetative dross[ sorry!!XD X-D], but all in all a good day out for those of us who couldn't get there, if you know what I mean.

Come on mi babbies, she'll be right!

dunstablewolf
04-01-2014, 09:34 AM
All I can say is, "that was truly awful".

The thing is. Every game I have been too has been a repeat of that performance!!!

Why play Elokobi, why play Edwards deep in midfield . We so needed Edwards breaking in the box last night. McDonald should have played deeper for both his superior passing and his ability to break up play.

Sako is lazy and the sooner he leaves the better, take Siggy and Hennesey with him.

All in all I said last night that that performance was almost as bad as the Solbakkon days. Tippy tappy aimless carp. The one saving grace is that Henry, Jacobs, goldbourne and McDonald played well. All of whom are Jacketts signings.

wolves71
04-01-2014, 10:53 AM
All the talk prior to kick off was why McCarey and Flatt were out warming up, and no Hennessey. My initial thought was he was about to leave the club after a deal done behind the scenes was completed. Looking on my phone and the story of his refusal to play angered me. McCarey on the whole had a decent game, struggled at time with ball in the air, but not helped with the high winds.

Wolves may have had the majority of the play but the home side had three good chances in the second half, when they hit the post and the one straight at McCarey, and then there was the goal, too many players static and not quick enough to react to the loose ball.

Wolves did play some good football, but when in the last third there's no outlet, no focal point in attack. Sums it up for me really with Griffiths header the only meaningful effort in the game for us. I can't really count Jacobs effort in the first half as a decent chance. The game changed for me with the introduction of Akinfenwa for the hom

greystone16
04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Peter Taylor outthought KJ. Packed his defence and we hadn't the quality or guile to penetrate it so restricted to poor shots from outside the box and few of those between the sticks. Quality crosses non existant and same with free kicks and corners.
Unless some fairly immediate improvement we will struggle to get into the playoffs.
Two poor backs,need good stopper centrehalf,commanding midfielder and tall,busy striker but where are they? Yet other third division teams seem to find loanees from the Prem clubs who fit the bill,why not us?

JonDeWolf
04-01-2014, 07:31 PM
A bit like a soft **** film- lots of messing about but absolutely no penetration. Gonna be a busy few weeks for KJ.

Hopefully.

Woking88
04-01-2014, 08:30 PM
A bit like a soft **** film- lots of messing about but absolutely no penetration. Gonna be a busy few weeks for KJ.

Hopefully.

Such a shame the 'like it' button doesn't work. I will put you on my list along with Woody and make sure I give you both one when the time comes! :O