PDA

View Full Version : is it true?

tassiehammer
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
That the players get fined for shooting outside the box? Or is it a load of fanny?
If Morrisson is going to have a dig from 30 yards and scores I'll be willing to contribute to any fine that Meatloaf gives him.

It might be just me, but a recent photo of Sam had a striking resemblance to the singer. - view external link (shooting from outside the box)

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Very true, try and dig up a Matt Taylor interview on talksport from about a year ago. He was asked why he doesn't score as many long range goals as he used to and he explains that BFS has a fine system for attempting long range shots if you don't score.

IronworksFC
03-01-2014, 10:44 AM
You have to be yanking my chain??????

I thought BD was having a laugh.

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
No, not at all. It's actually quite old news and I'd assumed everyone was aware of it from his Bolton days. Like I said Matt Taylor was talking about it on talksport and I remember Nolan mentioning it last season saying that the fund for the Christmas party was low due to the fact that nobody was having long shots.

WHU
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
mark noble 1 goal this season total, moving into 2014

probably true knowing that walrus (unt

Eggerts_Ears
03-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Holy fu(king sh1t... that's so ridiculous I can't actually believe it's true. :O

OZHAMMER
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
No, not at all. It's actually quite old news and I'd assumed everyone was aware of it from his Bolton days. Like I said Matt Taylor was talking about it on talksport and I remember Nolan mentioning it last season saying that the fund for the Christmas party was low due to the fact that nobody was having long shots.

why aren't i as i surprised as i should be?! :/

it's a circus, and sam's the ringmaster... totally laughable.

bazwillrun
03-01-2014, 11:25 AM
I'd never heard of it before and if true as it seems to be that just about sums up WHU in a nutshell and our useless "manager"

Truly a phukking circus of epic proportions

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 11:26 AM
XD Just listen to the deluded fool on this clip, it's 5 minutes but worth the time.

He really does believe his own tripe - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSQyZpvlHs)

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 11:30 AM
His first press conference.

He's going to instil discipline, magic and creativity. XD - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUf6pNP27o)

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 11:33 AM
3 min 30 sec of the above link

"It can be the West Ham Way if you get relegated"

XD What a c.unt

IronworksFC
03-01-2014, 11:34 AM
XD Just listen to the deluded fool on this clip, it's 5 minutes but worth the time.

He really does believe his own tripe

Managed 30 seconds of it and had to turn it off as I found myself wanting to climb into my monitor and kick his teeth in.

At least I now have an understanding of why we try and walk the ball into the net and everyone appearing to be scared of having a shot. It actually beggars belief if 100% true, I thought the bloke could not be any more of a w@nker, but it looks like I keep getting ugly surprises.

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 11:39 AM

He really does believe his own tripe

Managed 30 seconds of it and had to turn it off as I found myself wanting to climb into my monitor and kick his teeth in.

At least I now have an understanding of why we try and walk the ball into the net and everyone appearing to be scared of having a shot. It actually beggars belief if 100% true, I thought the bloke could not be any more of a w@nker, but it looks like I keep getting ugly surprises.[/quote]

Please watch the second one, it's hilarious and incredibly good therapy :D

The bloke really is David Brent. . . . . . I can't believe I've never noticed it before.

bonzosbest74
03-01-2014, 11:48 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ljoq2p.jpg

JimmyV66
03-01-2014, 02:24 PM
That the players get fined for shooting outside the box? Or is it a load of fanny?
If Morrisson is going to have a dig from 30 yards and scores I'll be willing to contribute to any fine that Meatloaf gives him.

It might be just me, but a recent photo of Sam had a striking resemblance to the singer.

Very very true and very very Sad im afraid.

Mentioned this on the other thread yesterday. Both Morrison and Diame have made comments about being fined if they shoot from outside the box. So have a few former Newcastle and Blackburn players who were managed by Allardyce.

Even sadder is that they still get fined if they score. Morrison mentioned this after he scored earlier in the season. Think the fine is AŁ500.

May not sound alot for a footballer but as we know most can be tight so and so's so dont blame them for not wanting to shoot can you.

Diame however does not care, he just shoots and pays the fine. Good on him.

dagenhamJohn
03-01-2014, 02:28 PM
does this include freekicks?

strange rule if so!

JimmyV66
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM

strange rule if so!

No, but because Mark Noble takes the freekicks he will never face a fine. XD

Hammerman69
03-01-2014, 02:56 PM

strange rule if so!

No, but because Mark Noble takes the freekicks he will never face a fine. XD[/quote]

XD XD XD XD

jon15u
03-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Thought it was something just come in as Carroll is out and there is noone to help it in when it finally reaches goal.

Seriously though, id not heard it before and i nearly burst a blood vessal when i did. What a ****, no wonder we are easy pickings, only have to make sure we dont get into their box and theyre safe, or stand there pointing a finger and say " remeber your pay packet! " If i was the two Ronnies id be fuming. Im not and i am.

Is it any surprise that morale is low, and maybe Nolan was so keen to come. ( He wont be shown too lacking when it comes to long range shots, he dont have to do em. Now hes shown lacking cause he cant find the stamina to get into the box and shoot. )