PDA

View Full Version : Now we can start smoking in the bogs again...

Corkhead
03-01-2014, 09:53 AM
The PST board has unanimously agreed to accept a £450k injection of cash from the club’s President Investors to enable essential, long overdue safety work on Fratton Park to be completed.

The group, which comprises individual Pompey fans who have each already put sums of more than £50,000 into the club, has raised a further significant six-figure sum which could see our capacity restored to around 20,000 for next season.

As a result of the additional investment, the PST remains the majority shareholder in the club with 52.7% of the shares.

The club has been operating on a reduced capacity since the start of the season, after Portsmouth City Council, the licensing authority, came up with a list of urgent improvements the club needs to undertake.
Ken Malley, Vice Chairman of the PST said – “This is a definite New Year bonus. The Board of the Trust were pleased to accept the increased investment from the Presidents. It comes at a time when we are under pressure to implement an assortme

lovedeanblue
03-01-2014, 01:32 PM
I am pleased to see the SSU Patrons will have their long standing leaks fixed :O Seriously it's all long overdue and I welcome this news :star:

Corkhead
03-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Actually the worst leaks I have encountered is in the UNS (vs Wigan in a hurricane) followed by the back of the Fratton End (vs Spurs in a tempest). >:(

lovedeanblue
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Indeed, A small number of NSU patrons shifted real sharpish when the guttering gave way before the Wycombe game was abandoned. They put the down pipe back the next day and all is well over in my patch

AndoverPFC
03-01-2014, 06:39 PM
I was one of them!

bluechimes
03-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Time the Saga Louts Truss Members injected some collective cash into shares then to increase the PST holding :D :D :D

BTW our new man at the helm still has one hand tied behind his back as the Club is still under an embargo on paying any Transfer fees for new players until 2016

:( :( :(

BC

Scoular1
04-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Time the Saga Louts Truss Members injected some collective cash into shares then to increase the PST holding :D :D :D

BTW our new man at the helm still has one hand tied behind his back as the Club is still under an embargo on paying any Transfer fees for new players until 2016

:( :( :(
BC
Thanks for that clarification BC.I was informed on here by an authority recently,that we could pay fees if the league approved it.

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 06:31 PM
I swear someone sparks up in the SS bogs..like a towering inferno in there on busy match days..Not you is it Scoular..?

Corkhead
04-01-2014, 06:34 PM
How do you know? Its in the Gents. :O

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 06:48 PM
The gents are next door..you can see it bellowing out..and I asure you we have had fella's in our toilets before now..

Corkhead
04-01-2014, 06:56 PM
They do spark up in the mens bogs but I definitely prefer it to the distinctive aroma of decades worth of stale urine. So no complaints from me about our pyromaniacal friends.

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Smells like flowers in ours...don't mind the smell of fags either..

Corkhead
04-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I once spent a very pleasant day at the races with Trevor Cherry (who was manager of Bradford at the time of the fire and told me about it from a first-hand viewpoint). I have always been nervous about smoking in our rickety wooden stand and wondered why it was allowed for so long. The new sprinkler system they are putting in should help put a few minds at rest. Mind you maybe the leaks in the roof did that job.

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
I admit its dangerous...Can't see why they don't open the downstairs gates like they do at Reading FC..everyones happy and they can have a ciggie in safety..Gotta be worth a try