PDA

View Full Version : Winger Worrall completes Oldham move

deano_83
03-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Millers midfielder David Worrall has joined Oldham Athletic on loan. - view external link (www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/winger_worrall_completes_oldham_move_820512/index.shtml)

Brin
03-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Baffling...and to a team in our same league!

If a team take on a player for a season end long loan and he becomes crocked is that team still liable to pay RUFC the agreed portion of the player's wage? If so this may not be as a bad deal after all if he is that injury prone...

ilikecarling
03-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Ridiculous decision, never given a chance.

Evans is wasting money for fun. He needs to be put on a leach, otherwise the begging buckets will be back out the rate he discards players.

Is the squad not small enough already, he's a joke he really is. Think tony Stewart needs to have a word in his lobe an inform him we can't carry on paying for players then chucking them out on loan when not even given a chance. Wouldn't surprise me if we were not paying 50-75% of his wages while out on loan as well as the other players out on loan then the incoming loanees wages as well.

CrackersATM
03-01-2014, 12:51 PM
We might be able to recall Worral and you never know he might gain form and fitness to return like Ryan Taylor did a few seasons ago and contribute in a Millers shirt.

As Brin highlights we seem to be getting through players like confetti. The game is changing and it's impossible for every signing to work out but we must be breaking records for turning players over including loan players. This all costs money and in our recent history we have administrations which is a path I never want to follow again. What checks on potential players is SE and his team doing? Half the players seem to be struggling to settle in the area which must be an obvious question up front. Also a key part of the job for any management team is to work with, improve and motivate players not to keep signing them like a kid on Championship Manager with a blank cheque book.

UTM!

gramiller1959
03-01-2014, 01:02 PM
lets wait and see who he is freeing up cash for ? dicko ?

tivoliman415783
03-01-2014, 01:09 PM
what about if Oldham are paying all his wage and SE brings in a better wide player? Also, do you really think that we are paying anything like 75% of Vuciks and Tavernier's wages?

there is no chance that we can stay in the play-offs without successfully using the loan system and if that means moving players out quickly then so be it. That's just modern day football if you don't have a chairman that will throw millions at players (even at this level) Leyton Orient have a £500,000 striker in Mooney, Wolves have Griffiths and Sako that are at that price at least, Peterborough have thrown millions at their strikers, Preston are probably paying Kevin Davies about £10,000 a week at least. Brentford have trotta, Donaldson and Grigg who all £500,000 strikers. these are the teams we are competing with and we don't have that money.

Anthony Wordsworth is potentially a good player from his previous performances and would be a good swap if rumours are true. Dicko on his own probably got us 7 poi

leedsmiller
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I fully appreciate that if we are to progress there needs to be a process of improvement and development in the squad. I'm also well aware that this season to date we've exceeded expectations and the management must be applauded for that. Nonetheless, there doesn't seem to be a cohesive and co-ordinated master plan, we chop and change from day to day with players not being given adequate opportunity before they're out the door - and others who've been brought in not being good enough in the first place. But... let's see what January brings.

As for the squad in general, I'm not too happy with our over-reliance on loan signings but, in this League at least, it seems we have to bring in higher league players to ensure we stay competitive and the latest crop have been the best yet. So well done there, Steve.

As my son said after the last game, win, lose or draw we're usually guaranteed entertainment! And if we secure a young, commanding centre back, sign Wordsworth, Dicko and another p

mikemiller
03-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Just wondering why we keep signing players who have known injury problems - Ainsworth, Rooney, Tubbs, Hylton , Worrall...we never seem to learn

ColinRUFC
03-01-2014, 01:18 PM
We might be able to recall Worral and you never know he might gain form and fitness to return like Ryan Taylor did a few seasons ago and contribute in a Millers shirt.

Can't recall a window to end of season loan, only an emergency one.

CrackersATM
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM

Can't recall a window to end of season loan, only an emergency one.[/quote]

Wasn't aware of that Colin, thanks for the update it's not easy keeping up with the endless rule changes. I take it if we make the playoffs and Oldham don't we can use him in playoff matches. Plus if we could sign Dicko on those loan terms it give us chance to really see him and vice versa on his part before offering a deal on a Bosman in the summer. Can't see that happening though.

UTM!

axholme_miller
03-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Seems another ridiculous decision on the face of it. Never given any sort of opportunity to show what he can do and now off he trots to a side in our division? Another falling out perhaps? Becoming a regular occurrence now.

millertop
03-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Just wondering why we keep signing players who have known injury problems - Ainsworth, Rooney, Tubbs, Hylton , Worrall...we never seem to learn

Vuckic

ColinRUFC
03-01-2014, 01:54 PM

Can't recall a window to end of season loan, only an emergency one.[/quote]

Wasn't aware of that Colin, thanks for the update it's not easy keeping up with the endless rule changes. I take it if we make the playoffs and Oldham don't we can use him in playoff matches.[/quote]

Had to look that up...

53.2.3 A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) on completion of his Loaning Club's League Matches will not be eligible to play for his Parent Club (where it is a Member Club) in any remaining League Matches in that Season notwithstanding the fact that such expiry or termination occurs during a Transfer Window.

I read that to mean no.

deano_83
03-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Evans spoke on the o.s about it.

I'll still bet 20 quid for charity he doesn't come back. - view external link (http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/worrall-moves-out-on-loan-1273282.aspx)

ColinRUFC
03-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Evans spoke on the o.s about it.

I'll still bet 20 quid for charity he doesn't come back.

Given SE's record on bringing back loanees, doubt you'll get anyone to take that bet.

millertop
03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Agree Deano SE will make another excuse at the end of the season

wickersley__miller
03-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Ridiculous. Are we signing players blind or what?

Thats now Wilson, Worrall, Ainsworth, Odejayi, Hylton, Hunt, Sharps etc. who've been signed and moved on within months. There's a difference between 'modern' and 'sustainable'.

TMiller
03-01-2014, 03:25 PM
how much did we spend on worrall?

cos we aint gona see that money again are we

seriously wtf is happening

LiberalFan
03-01-2014, 03:40 PM
dear o dear..

I hope he is planning on bringing Dicko in and is clearing some wages.

TMiller
03-01-2014, 03:43 PM
dear o dear..

I hope he is planning on bringing Dicko in and is clearing some wages.

even if it is dicko, we have no players as it is so why get rid of more and more just for one player.

worrall looked good when i saw him and tidser has been brilliant except that game he got sent off