PDA

View Full Version : David Noble signs contract extension to end of season

ravingred
03-01-2014, 07:17 PM
I think out of all the players moving out, Noble was the best. All the best mate.

mikemiller
04-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Probably moving on due to off-the-pitch activities, rather than actual performances. Reminded me a bit of Kevin Watson - on the pitch, that is!

millavanilla
04-01-2014, 07:50 AM
I still cant get my head round how many players have come and gone..no other manager in rotherhams history signed as many players in such a short time ( or any length of time maybe) when he signed odd job and ainsworth etc etc..im not complaining, evans did the job in the end and has also done great up to now..but weve had more ins and outs than a tap room door and he really does seem to do what he wants..and not really spent a lot of money either...i wonder what the existing players think, some of them having three or four playing partners in no time..one things for certain, if theyre not good enough they go, simple as..
Hed be good at selling cattle i reckon...

redandgreen
04-01-2014, 10:26 AM
i trust we didn't pay transfer fees for Worrell and Tidser, to only let them go elsewhere.
Why have we let players other clubs want go for free Eg Taylor, Nardiello, Mullins?

CrackersATM
04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
i trust we didn't pay transfer fees for Worrell and Tidser, to only let them go elsewhere.
Why have we let players other clubs want go for free Eg Taylor, Nardiello, Mullins?

We did pay something for Tidser and Worrall but both transfers have appearance clauses so basically the more successful they are the more we pay. With the others it's all about freeing up wages as Lge 1 has financial fair play regulations. Even if a club only pay 50% of a players wages it's better costing us ?500 per week for them to play for a club like Bury than a grand a week to sit in our main stand.

My frustration is why aren't we working with some of these players and making them better players. This high turnaround system wastes a lot of money in signing on and agent fees then loaning them out is only damage limitation.

UTM!