PDA

View Full Version : Interesting bit about Wigan fans.

BlueAdder
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
On BBC News this morning they talked about a Poll done in Wigan by the local paper.
The Wigan fans were asked 'which would you have preferred last seasom, your FA Cup win or survival in the Premier League?
Almost to a man they chose the FA Cup win, many saying it was the best day of their lives.

Bit like asking Pompey fans, would you swap your Premiership years and FA Cup Finals for avoiding what happened next? I wouldn't! B)
How about you?

bluekite
04-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I am with you Bladds...Having spent 50 years passionately following mainly assorted averageness , often involving disappointment, it was just wonderful to have our day in the sun.. the emotions of the day were unimaginable. I must say I never thought that I would ever see Pompey at Wembley in my lifetime and always felt rather envious of those who experienced the league winnning and '39 winning years.

EnfieldBlue
04-01-2014, 02:37 PM
I'd take the FA Cup win any day. One of the best days of my life and I too never, ever thought we would win a major trophy. The next one might be a long time coming too...

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 06:57 PM
A glorious day..Like BK I never thought I'd see Pompey lift the FA cup in my lifetime and it was also my late Dads dearest wish...I'd never seen so many people so happy,hugging people we didn't even know,high fiving everyone in our row when Kanu scored..As Elbow would sing "One day like this a year would see me right"...but the cost of it...hmmm!

BlueAdder
04-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Did your late Dad make it Kris?

BileysThere
04-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Did your late Dad make it Kris?

At the semi against WB there was a fella apologising in the bogs because his dad was sick, i nearly cried just for the fact i wished my 80 yr old dad was there.(he was at home watching the telly)
Wembley days were my reward for following through the bad days. No one can take those memories away.

lovedeanblue
06-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Seeing 'Arry's face when he realised he'd lost in the semi was a picture I'll never forget. Okay we lost in the final but they can't take the memory away.

snowman
06-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I'd have swapped the cup win for survival in the Prem and new ground and financially sound. I enjoyed the Spurs win best...

kernow
06-01-2014, 08:32 PM
I'd have swapped the cup win for survival in the Prem and new ground and financially sound. I enjoyed the Spurs win best...

Three good choices there. Wigan have only sacrificed one of them so far.

gareth747474
14-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Annoyingly, I had months beforehand organized a Spanish trip away with our darts team. Where we could 'catch the FA cup final' whilst away...I did not think that Pompey were going to be in it! Although I wanted to cancel my trip, I decided to go to Spain as I though it a bit much to tell everyone 'Sorry something better has come along'

I though that was that and I would never get the chance to see Pompey at Wembley (OK I went to the friendly against Man Utd)

Although a couple of years later...I went to see us beat Spurs and although not beating Chelsea came close(ish) to it.

Although I was gutted at the time not to be there at Wembley seeing us win the cup. In a way I am now glad I did not let my darts mates down by changing my mind at the last minute.

There is probably a moral to this story...but I don't know what it is!

BileysThere
14-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Annoyingly, I had months beforehand organized a Spanish trip away with our darts team. Where we could 'catch the FA cup final' whilst away...I did not think that Pompey were going to be in it! Although I wanted to cancel my trip, I decided to go to Spain as I though it a bit much to tell everyone 'Sorry something better has come along'

I though that was that and I would never get the chance to see Pompey at Wembley (OK I went to the friendly against Man Utd)

Although a couple of years later...I went to see us beat Spurs and although not beating Chelsea came close(ish) to it.

Although I was gutted at the time not to be there at Wembley seeing us win the cup. In a way I am now glad I did not let my darts mates down by changing my mind at the last minute.

There is probably a moral to this story...but I don't know what it is!

Yep, the moral is " don't make plans for during the season unless your'e a scummer.