PDA

View Full Version : Manager to watch

greystone16
04-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Some old geezer with white beard,not Santa,seems to be doing rather well with a team he has taken from bottom of Championship to playoff position. We could do with someone like that!!!!!!!

wolves71
04-01-2014, 12:41 PM
"Be careful what you wish for"... He's doing a great job yet again and on a limited budget.

Evewolf65
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
[quote="wolves71"... He's doing a great job yet again and on a limited budget.[/quote]

Be careful what you wish for is bang on we are no further forward now than when Mick was sacked in fact we seem to be going backwards! And I will freely admit this especially as I was one of Micks fiercest critics!!:blue:

MichiganWolf
04-01-2014, 03:09 PM
If we would have gotten what we wished for (getting sacked after the second Prem season), things might have ended up very differently. But the timing of his sacking was absolutely dreadful. Should have let him go down with the ship at that point instead of opting for TC.

Owe Mick alot and he is a fantastic Championship manager. One of the best, I"m sure, if you look at career accomplishments at that level.

Bullysboots
04-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I Like it (The button won't let me register the like to your post)

Be careful what you wish for is bang on we are no further forward now than when Mick was sacked in fact we seem to be going backwards! And I will freely admit this especially as I was one of Micks fiercest critics!!:blue:

Bullysboots
04-01-2014, 03:26 PM
And I like this one even more. :star:

quote="MichiganWolf"]If we would have gotten what we wished for (getting sacked after the second Prem season), things might have ended up very differently. But the timing of his sacking was absolutely dreadful. Should have let him go down with the ship at that point instead of opting for TC.

Owe Mick alot and he is a fantastic Championship manager. One of the best, I"m sure, if you look at career accomplishments at that level.[/quote]

greystone16
05-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Totally agree that he should have seen the season out BUT remember the vitriolic comments on this site at the time together with others and I think the Board panicked to pander to the masses and try and keep in " the good books" only to go totally ga ga in putting TC in charge. The actions of a Board not knowing what or where to go,shocking judgement by people who should have know better.Same panic applied with Stalle who could have been a breath of fresh air.

wolves71
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM
I was vocal in not wanting McCarthy at the club after the poor run the club was on, but looking back on the way the club has suffered two relegations, the way the board have gone about replacing him, maybe a knee jerk reaction. Wolves are definately reaping what they sowed. :blue:

TundraWolf
05-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I remember many supporters and members of the press that wished to dump him due to his seemingly stubborn nature and the tendency to play the same squad game in game out as we continually leaked 5 goals over and over each game.

He wouldn't touch us now in our present situation for all the tea in China (as the saying goes).

grabut
05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Mick would still be here now if he had been given the funds to do the job,
lets face facts the premier league scares morgan to death. Mick always had to go for second best in his transfer targets, a great manager who was proud to be Wolves manager. Im still not so sure we would have gone down if hed stayed, no team likes playing one of Micks teams in winter months.

grabut
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I think its fair to say that some on here always supported Mick, Dunstable
Comes to mind and despite being ridiculed have without doubt been proved correct.

wolves71
05-01-2014, 03:47 PM
No one knows how McCarthy and Wolves would have got on if he stayed, no one has been proved right.

grabut
05-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I agree Wolves 71, totally agree we could have,
Good luck to Kenny thou none of this is down to him.

wolves71
05-01-2014, 04:01 PM
I agree Wolves 71, totally agree we could have,
Good luck to Kenny thou none of this is down to him.

I admire people who stick to their guns, fair play to Dunst and others. My anger has always been with the owner and those close to him in the boardroom. Many have said looking back MM could and should have gone after the Blackburn game. His sacking and the pantomime that followed the Albion hammering still leaves a bitter taste. We were all led to believe that a proven manager was about to come in.. how wrong was we.

greystone16
06-01-2014, 11:15 AM
1With the current slide we will now see what KJ is made off although I'll give him a bit of slack as we have had a bad run of injuries of late however he still has no idea what his best team, is especially up front.

Woking88
06-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Would Mick McCarthy have done better with more funds - almost certainly! If we had the bottomless pit of Man City, I'm sure he could have been a world-beater! But we didn't and, with what he had, Mick ran out of ideas and flexibility.

We have to hope that M & M have learned some serious lessons in the past couple of years.

I still feel sorry for the way Dave Jones was let down. Had he been supported properly, Mick may never have managed here!