PDA

View Full Version : OT 2 questions?

scum_triumphant
04-01-2014, 06:01 PM
When using an iPhone on millersmad does iTunes keep popping up?

If so does anyone know how I can stop it?

crashbang
04-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Get an Android.

paula_hurst
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
It's really bloody irritating. Even while posting this, the App Store has appeared out of nowhere to some 'Dragon City Mobile' game or something. It does it all the time. Sort it please...

paula_hurst
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Get an Android.

No chance...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
04-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Ye, app store constantly popping up, it's proper pissing me off. >:( >:(

luvpud
04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Me too I'm well pgged of with it :blue:

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
04-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm trying to find a way to stop it no joy so far, I'll post it if I find a way. Don't get your hopes up though. :/ :/

crookadile
04-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Not doing it for me.

ExeterMiller
04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
The app is coming up responding to the pop up ads, of which one or numerous will be for ios apps to download.

If you don't use an ad blocker the site on the Mad network are completely unusable. I know they must generate revenue, but it's so bad and intrusive people find ways to stop it which defeats the object. A more toned down approach, and one that is more targeted towards us users may give them more joy. But hey who am I to say

loyalmiller
04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Been doing it on mine for about a week, then yesterday a pop-up appeared asking if I wanted to continue to go to i-tunes, I clicked no and it hasn't done it since. No idea why the question popped up when it did just glad it did..

crookadile
04-01-2014, 07:07 PM
The app is coming up responding to the pop up ads, of which one or numerous will be for ios apps to download.

If you don't use an ad blocker the site on the Mad network are completely unusable. I know they must generate revenue, but it's so bad and intrusive people find ways to stop it which defeats the object. A more toned down approach, and one that is more targeted towards us users may give them more joy. But hey who am I to say

That's probably why it's not happening for me. I don't use Safari I use Dolphin Browser which has a built in *******er.

deMiller
04-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Does it to me fairly often, annoying, always for that dragon city app too.
I dont think we can change it, I would have thought it was in the coding of the website.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
04-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Don't think there's a way to stop this apart from using another browser. Dolphin is great I recommend folk swich to it to resolve the issue. You just go onto settings and swich on ******* and block pop ups. Thanks crookadile exactly what I was after, couldn't find a decent one. :D :D

crookadile
05-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Don't think there's a way to stop this apart from using another browser. Dolphin is great I recommend folk swich to it to resolve the issue. You just go onto settings and swich on ******* and block pop ups. Thanks crookadile exactly what I was after, couldn't find a decent one. :D :D

Glad I could help.

Anyone else having this problem switch to Dolphin Browser, it's free and better than Safari.

jolly_roger
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM

I'm with you on this one Exeter.

The site is a disfunctional mess (and that's not the posters. Sometimes I've come on here to post a comment and given up with frustration after inadvertantly clicking on an advert or the page jumps so I get the wrong thread.

Pigging nightmare on an ipad, marginally better on a PC with all of the spam and *******ers working on steroids.

My new years resolution is that if I see anything advertised on this board I will avoid buying it or using it like the plague.

Mr_bukaroo
05-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Glad I could help.

Anyone else having this problem switch to Dolphin Browser, it's free and better than Safari.[/quote]

Thanks for that it's like a different site on my iPhone now.

Mr_bukaroo
05-01-2014, 11:00 AM
The other thing it appears to have stopped is the loading wheel constantly spinning even when the web page has loaded, always annoyed me as I guess it was using my data allowance up

scum_triumphant
05-01-2014, 11:21 AM

Glad I could help.

Anyone else having this problem switch to Dolphin Browser, it's free and better than Safari.[/quote]

Thanks for that it's like a different site on my iPhone now.[/quote]

3rd question is how/where do I download the Dolphin Browser?

Mr_bukaroo
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
In the App Store just search for dolphin browser to change the settings open the app press the 6 dots icon at bottom of the browser and select settings then turn on ad blocker & pop up blocker. Hope this helps

scum_triumphant
05-01-2014, 05:50 PM
In the App Store just search for dolphin browser to change the settings open the app press the 6 dots icon at bottom of the browser and select settings then turn on ad blocker & pop up blocker. Hope this helps

Works a treat now. Thank you.

theentertainer
05-01-2014, 08:00 PM
iPhone whats them ive got a Betamax video recorder does anybody have any videos they want to sell!