PDA

View Full Version : About turn from the Club..

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Last Saturday I tied my trusty Pompey flag to the back of the SSU as I have done all season with not one complaint...only to be told I,m not allowed to due to advertising etc...after telling the steward that I wasn't happy about this(in a polite manner of course).Our usual steward tried to stick up for me but I was still told to take it down. After a while the other one came back up from downstairs to say he had spoken to who ever and it was decided i could display it after all to support the club...I comes to something when you can't show your support for the boys at your own club without hassle. But thank you to who ever said yes,it was much appreciated.

Corkhead
04-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Due to advertising? Hmmmm. Cant work that out.

On a similar note I thought the deafening half time ad for a sponsor over the Milton End was an unpleasant experience. Necessary maybe for finances but intrusive to the nth degree.

bluekriss66
04-01-2014, 07:03 PM
I could understand if it was the size of Hampshire or said something offensive on it but why now?..Plus my brother-in law needs it to guide him up the stairs when he's had a few as he tends to get lost..XD

midhurstblue
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM
You didnt think you could get away from Jobsworths by going to Fratton Park did you??????????:s

17thMay08
05-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Is it possible that the person/company who paid for the advertisement complained that no one could see it

nonsuchmike
05-01-2014, 04:04 PM
We own the club, so matters like that should be agreed by the share owners, not by some jobsworth.

bluekite
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM
I could understand it if the flag was obscuring an advertising hoarding that somebody had paid the club(and therefore us) for... it doesn't sound as if this was the case though so :? :?

fullback
05-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Should not think this was a problem ,just some prick not using common sense ,obviously flags obscuring advertising would be seen as a no no but on a blank wall wheres the problem