PDA

View Full Version : Whisky monster

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm turning into a whisky addict,drunk two litre bottles since boxing day,anybody else like the stuff,i've aleays been partial to a drop,but have really taken to it this christmas,my next to open is a bottle of Jack Daniels.. the magners has taken a back seat for now..hic .XD

lazaat
04-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Im partial to a drop of whiskey as well Alf but have cut down on it these past few years. I dont like Irish whiskey so only drink the Scottish, Famous Grouse is very good. I cannot stand JD but i do know gaz is very partial to that! :P

gaz1959
04-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Don't mind the odd Whisky and by coincidence I just opened a bottle of 10 yr old malt Glenmorangie, not had it before but is easy on the palet but lacks bite

I have a bottle of JD laz ;D but this one has Honey in it which is very nice but makes it more like a liqoure ;D I had two individuals making a kind donation of a bottle each and just openned the 2nd :O

I hope i don't make a mess of it

redhugh
04-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Used to be partial to a tipple...but give it up . I may have to get back on it ...watching them useless t wats...:D

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
looking forward to the Jack Daniels,it will be a few days yet though as i have just opened a bottle of grouse..

redhugh
04-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Got a bottle given for xmas...still be there next xmas, evil stuff.

gaz1959
04-01-2014, 10:09 PM
i GOTTA A FEELING WE WILL ALL NEED A BIT O WHISKY THIS 2ND HALF RED

HOW DO YOU TAKE YOURS ALF

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
i GOTTA A FEELING WE WILL ALL NEED A BIT O WHISKY THIS 2ND HALF RED

HOW DO YOU TAKE YOURS ALF

depends ..sometimes neat,sometimes with hot water,and other times with a bit of canada dry.. never with ice in it ..

gaz1959
04-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Mostly have mine neat and again never with ice

Ruddy annoys me when you go to a pub they take it for granted that you will have a coke or and or ice in it

Stan_van_nel
04-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Never been bothered for the stuff.

Although one of my chums neighbour's used to brew Carrot Whisky, which floated down a treat and went straight to the ankles. ;D

Also a chum of mine from Redcar briefly got me onto Tullamore Dew when we were in the Netherlands. I know the whisky connoisseurs will say that it's not a proper whisky but it was smooth and just about passable. ;)

gaz1959
04-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I've heard of this Tullamore Dew Stan but not tried it yet

paderbornclaret
05-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Never been a 'shorts' man...especially whisky. The nearest I get is Southern Comfort. Received a 1ltr bottle just before Xmas...should last us at least 2 yrs. Had one with lemonade and ice...that'll do for a while. :D

Loads of mates drink this Jim Bean with honey...even people who aren't whisky drinkers swear by it.

I opened my bottle of Chateauneuf du pape last night...now that is heaven in a glass. I even sat through the One Direction film...it's that good. XD

Altobelli
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Never liked the stuff, but then again I've never been a big drinker.

I did try drinking neat Brandy while with a young lady when in my 30's as she drank it indoors, did it all the time for over a year, when we went our separate ways I stopped the habit and never missed it.

The only thing I touch now is Guinness and (Stan will cringe at this) Pink Lady XD

gaz1959
05-01-2014, 05:20 PM
chatenuef du papa? sounds posh

What's pink lady Alto?

paderbornclaret
05-01-2014, 05:36 PM
'chatenuef du papa? sounds posh'

XD It's only red wine Gaz...but as they say, you pay for what you get.

Don't normally go over 5 euro a bottle...and you get good ones here for that. ;) But for once a year at Xmas/New year I tend to treat myself. If you like a nice red, you can't go wrong with this. - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teauneuf-du-Pape)

Altobelli
05-01-2014, 08:03 PM
What's pink lady Alto?

It's a so called cheap sparkling wine Gaz, I cannot stand any wine as it all tastes like vinegar to me, but Pink Lady does me, Matron calls it crap XD

gaz1959
05-01-2014, 08:12 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE VERY BRAVE ALTO. For admitting this to us all even when Matron had given you the heads up.

I am thinking of you being a ruddy great tough now with a bald head and carabean look - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6s8kpo9IDg)

Altobelli
05-01-2014, 08:39 PM
B) . . . .

Stan_van_nel
05-01-2014, 09:18 PM
What's pink lady Alto?

It's a so called cheap sparkling wine Gaz, I cannot stand any wine as it all tastes like vinegar to me, but Pink Lady does me, Matron calls it crap XD[/quote]

Matron knows what she is talking about. :D

paderbornclaret
05-01-2014, 09:36 PM
'I cannot stand any wine as it all tastes like vinegar to me'

Just sound like the wife...XD XD

She calls it 'kotze' (puke)...it all tastes like kotze...all the same. :/

Gaz I suggest you buy a bottle of Chateuaneuf and Pink Lady...one is an expensive vinegar and one is vinegar. XD

alfinyalcabo
05-01-2014, 09:46 PM
We all like f@nny juice though dont we lads.. XD

gaz1959
05-01-2014, 09:53 PM
We all like f@nny juice though dont we lads.. XD

XD XD XD Many years ago when I used to drink Kronebourg a girl I was dating asked me (while in the pub drinking my fav tipple) what does it smell like? I shoved the glass of Kronnie under her nose and said this B) B) B) B) Kronnie tasted better tho XD XD XD

What about a lovely glass of Lambrini Paders?

paderbornclaret
05-01-2014, 10:02 PM
'What about a lovely glass of Lambrini Paders'?

Had to Google Gaz...now that could be Kotze!!

Babycham ffs...XD - view external link (http://wineforspicewarrenedwardes.blogspot.de/2006/09/i-have-come-across-lambrini-is-it-wine.html)

gaz1959
05-01-2014, 10:32 PM
'What about a lovely glass of Lambrini Paders'?

Had to Google Gaz...now that could be Kotze!!

Babycham ffs...XD

>:) XD