PDA

View Full Version : Tashkent? Hello?

deeksme
05-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Any chance you could communicate with the users of this board, explain what's going on, and what happened with the board? Anymore weirdness to come?

jumpforfun
05-01-2014, 08:14 AM
The number of posts recently suggests the damage is in danger of being terminal.

Lack of info from footymad certainly didn't help.

Thailander
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Has he still not communicated the problems? That's very poor if not.

inthecity
05-01-2014, 08:52 PM
I saw him today, so his IS alive, at least.

MillerforScotland
05-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Oh, I feel sure he would re appear in double quick time if someone was to mention the details surrounding a certain ex managers departure from the club?
Has he lost his celebrity status on Radio Cumbria as well?

1954blue
06-01-2014, 05:21 PM
And sixtyniner is banned yet starts a new thread and history shows 0 posts for that individual. What on earth is going on?

sum_baynton
06-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't understand how when he is responsible for this site he doesn't have 2 minutes to post on here but still do his article in the programme and his news and star commitments. If he can't be bothered anymore he's basically conning folk who expect the site to be properly run.

CockneyCluedup
06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Half a post MillerforScotland, you scared to say Neil McDonald's Smurf Suit?! XD

thetashkentterror
06-01-2014, 07:09 PM
The sites were moved across to new hosts, but essentially they made a rather large cock-up in doing it, including saying they were working Christmas Day and Boxing Day to fix it (well don't change servers at Christmas then).

It took them nearly two weeks to do it instead of the two days or so they said it would.

It seems to be back to normal-ish now anyway, so let's hope that continues as it should do as they say the work has finished now.

I don't work for the company involved with it now and haven't done for a few years, and don't know anyone at the new company.

I agree that some of the decisions made by them in doing it have been wrong, but it's totally out of my hands.

Apologies for not communicating that earlier.

1954blue
06-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Tashy.

However it is still a bloody shambles. I was trying to post a few minutes ago and suddenly asked if I wanted to win a 'fun prize'. Only option was 'yes' couldn't close window, couldn't get back to my message. I always avoid such temptations. Only way was to switch off and start again.

Board is slow to post messages, slow to return to main menu etc, etc. Failings are, IMO, making regular contributors lose interest and/or post comments.

Who is the moderator - who do we complain to?

HalpinsleftPeg
06-01-2014, 10:22 PM
I get adverts popping up the sides. When I go to hit a three link, the dam page moves so go into the wrong topic

sum_baynton
08-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Fair enought for the explanation Tashy, but why the lack of communication? Surely the things that you said should have been made clear by yourself when they happened.

cayambe
08-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all you effort over the years Tashy - much appreciated!

thetashkentterror
08-01-2014, 10:52 PM
"Why the lack of communication?"

Because I'm a human being and all of us get things wrong from time to time. All of us.

malsy
09-01-2014, 11:00 AM
I fear a classic 'Ratnerism' the good folks at Footymad appear to have disgruntled their users who appear to be jumping ship at an alarming rate.
If advertisers, who monitor these matters, see a substantial decrease in
punters, then they in turn will jump ship and the whole thing will implode.
Footymad would do well to heed the warning signs!

bluegadge
09-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Tashy,

Is there any truth in the rumour that our current BOD are now running this site ??? which would explain the problems