PDA

View Full Version : Man City away

weybridgehammers
05-01-2014, 02:01 PM
who thinks we should play are youngsters again then ? a few of you going on your reply to my previous post

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 02:03 PM
who thinks we should play are youngsters again then ? a few of you going on your reply to my previous postsemi finals, is there a comparison?

JimmyTicket
05-01-2014, 02:07 PM
There is a difference playing one or two and playing that many

You can't cultivate youngsters by playing them all in a game against an in form championship side.
That was a sacrifice, not a bedding in process.

weybridgehammers
05-01-2014, 02:07 PM
do you think he saved them to play Man City ?

don't think so, I think Sam thought he was going to get a result today.

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 02:10 PM

don't think so, I think Sam thought he was going to get a result today. i hope we don't draw or god forbid beat Citeh away ;D
what then..

JimmyTicket
05-01-2014, 02:11 PM
If he did it shows how deluded he really is...

The forest lads must have seen the team sheet and creamed their pants.

At very least play a back four for Christ sake...

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 02:13 PM
If he did it shows how deluded he really is...

The forest lads must have seen the team sheet and creamed their pants.

At very least play a back four for Christ sake...back 4? think we have a back 2 atmo.

terrya1965
05-01-2014, 02:15 PM
I dread to think if he is still there :blue:

SuperIrons
05-01-2014, 02:16 PM
There is a difference playing one or two and playing that many

You can't cultivate youngsters by playing them all in a game against an in form championship side.
That was a sacrifice, not a bedding in process.

Spot on mate.

He sacrificed those youngsters and that drubbing may impact on their psyche for some time to come.

Thanks Sam.

JimmyTicket
05-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Four players in defensive positions across the back, a formation that most young defenders learn to play.

Three at the back is hard to play with two proper wing backs let alone two suspect midfielders.

As another post is titled hung out to dry...

Dolfo
05-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Spot on mate.

He sacrificed those youngsters and that drubbing may impact on their psyche for some time to come.

Thanks Sam.

Don't agree. Yes it was a proper beating but those youngsters should be tough enough to deal with it - they'll have lost heavily before and will do again, get over it!. They knew it was their chance and understood we would probably lose.
We have a two leg semi and a relegation battle so given our injury situation FS was always going to field our youngsters.
I love the FA Cup but I can see exactly why we fielded that team today. Shame about the hammering but I remember heavier defeats than that with a full first team under Roeder so nothing special at all.
The big test now is how we fare against Citeh and with what team. If we take a mullering with a strong team then we'll know pretty much where we're heading come end of season.
I must be mental but I still fancy us to create a shock and get to Wemble

Norfolkammer
05-01-2014, 03:24 PM

don't think so, I think Sam thought he was going to get a result today. i hope we don't draw or god forbid beat Citeh away ;D
what then..[/quote]

Regardless of who we play the effect on the dressing the room after this debacle gets me using words for the Citee games like: hammered; destroyed; embarrassed; crashed; rout!

Well today's game certainly brought my New Year's resolution to be more positive to an end!

SuperIrons
06-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Regardless of many of the actual 1st team played today, a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of a Championship side WILL impact on the minds of our players when they trot out at the Etihad on Wednesday.

The way Sam has been dealing with team formations is farcical and I really don't Carlton Cole playing as sole striker up front in a defensive 4-5-1 as being able to hold out for 90 mins against a Man City team that has been averaging 3-4 goals in Home games recently.