PDA

View Full Version : Two Small Bright Spots

Whiskyman
05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Amidst today's capitulation.

I thought Calum Driver and Seb Lletget acquitted themselves creditably.

But once again it shows the need, imo, for some sort of stepping stone between the dev Squad and the first team. For most of them the step up was just too much.

But amongst the many negatives I thought Jarvis's performance was an absolute f_ucking scandal. The bloke appeared not to be trying instead of giving support to an inexperienced back 3.

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Amidst today's capitulation.

I thought Calum Driver and Seb Lletget acquitted themselves creditably.

But once again it shows the need, imo, for some sort of stepping stone between the dev Squad and the first team. For most of them the step up was just too much.

But amongst the many negatives I thought Jarvis'performance was an absolute f_ucking scandal. The bloke appeared not to be trying instead of giving support to an inexperienced back 3.Jarvis's performance thus far have not been eyecatching in the least, as for Driver and lletget, can't say i noticed under this total waste of time, just overwhelmed with the abstract failure i suppose.

SuperIrons
05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Whiskyman

I said during the game that I thought Callum Driver was our MOTM.

I have also sung Seb Lletget's praise over the last 3 seasons but he has always been overlooked for a Premier League outing.

These two stood head and shoulders above the rest of the bunch though every youngster who played for us today tried his hardest. That they did not succeed was not down to them but rather to the callous management of an uncaring over-paid useless portly manager who sacrificed them to prove that he has been right all along about not using youngsters in his squad.

He could have mixed some in with some senior players so the blend was just right but he deliberately did not.

He could have played Lee, Turgott, and Chambers in this game but deliberately left the first two on the bench and only brought Turgott on when it was too late to change things around and did not even bother picking Chambers for the squad

TOWIE
05-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Agree whisyman. But Maiga was truly awful today.

bonzosbest74
05-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Funny how we all see things slightly differently.

For me I thought Whitehead had quite good technique, I would certainly like to see how he performs next to Noble, Diame & Morrison with a good defence behind him.

As I said on the other thread Lee, Chambers & Turgott should have been the youngsters parachuted in.

connelljj
05-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Jarvis's performance was a worry,not once did he beat his marker,one of the players it is now time to sell.yes not a bright spot.XD

Whiskyman
05-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Whiskyman

I said during the game that I thought Callum Driver was our MOTM.

I have also sung Seb Lletget's praise over the last 3 seasons but he has always been overlooked for a Premier League outing.

These two stood head and shoulders above the rest of the bunch though every youngster who played for us today tried his hardest. That they did not succeed was not down to them but rather to the callous management of an uncaring over-paid useless portly manager who sacrificed them to prove that he has been right all along about not using youngsters in his squad.

He could have mixed some in with some senior players so the blend was just right but he deliberately did not.

He could have played Lee, Turgott, and Chambers in this game but deliberately left the first two on the bench and only brought Turgott on when it was too late to change things around and did not even bother picking Chambers for the squad

Completely agree about th

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM
we had a B team today imo,

were you to follow the majority of posts they are mainly concentrated on the 'could haves'

could have played him
could have played this formation
could have played more 1ST team players
could have, could have,

and then.. we should have!! XD

Whiskyman
05-01-2014, 06:49 PM

were you to follow the majority of posts they are mainly concentrated on the 'could haves'

could have played him
could have, could have,

Of course we had a B team today. But the overall criticism, and I agree with it, seems to be it was just a little silly to expect a bunch of kids, accustomed to playing at a level about conference standard (?) to step up to the plate en masse. Particularly as we were playing a team only a few places below us in the game's hierarchy.

And unfortunately we don't have the framework in the English game to do it any other way.

dagenhamJohn
05-01-2014, 06:53 PM

could have played him
could have, could have,

Of course we had a B team today. But the overall criticism, and I agree with it, seems to be it was just a little silly to expect a bunch of kids, accustomed to playing at a level about conference standard (?) to step up to the plate en masse. Particularly as we were playing a team only a few places below us in the game's hierarchy.

And unfortunately we don't have the framework in the English game to do it any other way.[/quote]all or most of your posts are related to that successful system in Germany of having a B Lge where you can field all academies against each other on a weekly basis,

do for me.

Norfolkammer
05-01-2014, 10:09 PM
No bright spots for me Im afraid. I've seen better than this lot in my local Sunday League. None of them had the slightest idea about positional play.

Whiskyman
06-01-2014, 07:40 AM
No bright spots for me Im afraid. I've seen better than this lot in my local Sunday League. None of them had the slightest idea about positional play.

The system used was flawed because, imo, Jarvis and Downing are not good defensively. In fact Jarvis is just not good, period. Playing with a back 3 requires your wide midfielders to do a lot of donkey work in defence.

I actually thought young Driver, particularly, showed good awareness considering he was also required to do most of the work Jarvis should have been responsible for.

But it's all about opinions.
;D

Whiskyman
06-01-2014, 07:42 AM
all or most of your posts are related to that successful system in Germany of having a B Lge where you can field all academies against each other on a weekly basis,

do for me.

I'd rather see the system they use in Spain where "B" teams compete against first teams of the lower clubs. Apparently a number of clubs, including us, have floated this idea to the footballing authorities.

That system hasn't done Barcelona too much harm with their development of young players has it? And the smaller clubs in Spain haven't gone to the wall as a result.
;D

dagger
06-01-2014, 09:21 AM
not to be harsh but all yesterday proved to me was we have maybe 2 players that just might step up from our B team and thats not good enough and that cannot be pinned to BFS (no a supporter of BFS just being honest)

so when we all shout and that include me.. why dint the useless DFS try the younsters in the prem we have the answer

just hope we get some players in sharpish as that could stop us dropping..weds night will not be good viewing

WHU f uck the rest

davee59
06-01-2014, 01:10 PM
"I have also sung Seb Lletget's praise."

Is that the one that goes 'Lletget's Ready to Rumble'? ;D

mikeveep
06-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Worth an appreciative lol,davee

davee59
06-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks Mike, yet another FootyMad c*ck up with the Like It button.:blue: :blue:

Hammerman69
06-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Funny how we all see things slightly differently.

For me I thought Whitehead had quite good technique, I would certainly like to see how he performs next to Noble, Diame & Morrison with a good defence behind him.

As I said on the other thread Lee, Chambers & Turgott should have been the youngsters parachuted in.

I was at the game and I agree with this. I thought Whitehead looked quite composed on the ball and could pass it.

I DID like Driver as well but Whitehead was the pick for me.

Maiga was/is/and has always been ****. The kids getting knocked off the ball by physically stronger players I could handle but Maiga played like he was about 10.