PDA

View Full Version : Ticket refund

only1salty
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Never asked for one before. Having got back from that shambles I am writing to pinky asking for my money back.

That team was set up to lose.

3 at the back with a left back, right back and midfielder.

That wasn't a football "match" and should investigated by trading standards ;D

SPINOREX
05-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I could not make game today but I said on another message that I think a refund should be given as two thirds of the team was a youth team. That said the only senior players who did turn up, didn't bother to play.

Even the bench was non first team players and it was obvious that this was an agreed West Ham throwing a game and I think that the FA should get involved. I know we are not the first club to do this but it's not West Ham way, but Fat Sam doesn't believe in a West Ham Way.

This is not a cheap day out to be ripped off in this manner!!!

castiron
05-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Never asked for one before. Having got back from that shambles I am writing to pinky asking for my money back.

That team was set up to lose.

3 at the back with a left back, right back and midfielder.

That wasn't a football "match" and should investigated by trading standards ;D
Fair play to you mate, good luck.

hammerwell06
05-01-2014, 09:20 PM
I too made the trip for todays game. My partner bought me 2 tickets for xmas so i could take my son as it was only just over an hours drive for us.

I am also going to be emailing the club to request a refund .

I'm going to request that they pay for my fuel & our lunch.

Even though it was only 70 odd miles away, the total cost of today was just short of ?120 including tickets.

We had more fun with the hour &half drive than we did watching the game. I knew before we left it would be a weakened team , but I didn't expect the full Dev squad.

That's the last game I attend for a while now...

>:( >:(

mikeveep
05-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Here's an Idea.

Get a refund for today's game but then get charged double for the great experiences at White Hart Lane.

It's the journey not the destination.

only1salty
05-01-2014, 10:22 PM
True Mike. Valid point.

Calmed down a bit now.

However have a ticket for City on Wednesday. If they could be honest about the type of side in advance I wouldn't bother.

Could be the biggest defeat in our history if it's the same side

Norfolkammer
06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Here's an Idea.

Get a refund for today's game but then get charged double for the great experiences at White Hart Lane.

Can't agree with that at all. When I pay £40 - £70 for a ticket I expect to see the best side we can possible play regardless of lame management excuses. Surely the best defense against injuries to players is to make certain they play in as many games as they can?

Hammerman69
06-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Here's an Idea.

Can't agree with that at all. When I pay A?40 - A?70 for a ticket I expect to see the best side we can possible play regardless of lame management excuses. Surely the best defense against injuries to players is to make certain they play in as many games as they can?[/quote]

Except that the ticket was ?15 and they did say that they would play the kids !

hammerwell06
06-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Here's an Idea.

While I see what your saying there . My argument was based on me paying premiership ticket prices for a under 21s match.

As I stated , I was expecting to see some youth during the game, but not a whole team of youth...

I was expecting a side like the one we put out at the squirts in the cup , a mixture of experience maybe 1 or 2 young players if we were doing ok at HT...

I know we are in the relegation zone & have many injuries to key player's . So what do we now have to look forward to for the rest of the season , just survival ??

Imo, we should of at least tried to win the game yesterday as we have players coming back & we could of had some chance of havin another good cup run, who knows , we could of won it...

Going to be interesting to see the team he fields

Hammerman69
06-01-2014, 04:52 PM
True Mike. Valid point.

Calmed down a bit now.

However have a ticket for City on Wednesday. If they could be honest about the type of side in advance I wouldn't bother.

Could be the biggest defeat in our history if it's the same side

I think that it will be the senior side (what players that we have)...surely that was why the dev side played on Sat and the two senior players went off early (Downing and Diarra). Ok, Jarvis and Maiga stayed on but that was probably punishment for how **** they were.

mikeveep
06-01-2014, 08:32 PM
That would invalidate his "Protect the first eleven" Strategy of yesterday,69

More of the same I'll guess...he'll build the team around Lee,Chambers.Johnston and have a few regulars strolling around.

tassiehammer
06-01-2014, 08:43 PM
He'll play the strongest, most experienced 11 players we have. So it should only be 4-0 this time :D

Norfolkammer
06-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Here's an Idea.

Can't agree with that at all. When I pay A?40 - A?70 for a ticket I expect to see the best side we can possible play regardless of lame management excuses. Surely the best defense against injuries to players is to make certain they play in as many games as they can?[/quote]

Except that the ticket was ?15 and they did say that they would play the kids ![/quote]

Given the cost of the travel the price is in line with price our mentioned. Doesn't matter who they played one would have thought they could get it together better than a pub side!