PDA

View Full Version : If scotland votes NO

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Then African and concacaf nations will return to fifa and ask for our national team to lose its international football status.

For years they have gone to fifa about why Scotland ,wales ,England and n Ireland have 4 representatives yet are united with 1 parliament.

The soviet union only had one vote ,yet when that country broke up ,15 new independent countries appeared,thus giving African and concacaf nations less say.

Voting NO could put Scotland's national football team at risk,maybe we'll soon see team GB a lot sooner than you think.

Taintedice
06-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Scotland is over-represented at FIFA, given our lowly status. I can't see FIFA ever refusing to recognise Scotland as an independent footballing nation, though.

Macaroni_Pie
06-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Are you serious or taking the pish?

Edit: at the OP I mean rather than Tainted

Taintedice
06-01-2014, 12:11 AM
It's true about Jack Walker wanting the UK's 4 votes to be reduced to one. The 4 home nations also have special status at FIFA, from the fact it's oor gemme and Britain funded FIFA when it was starting up and got that concession. Something like that.

EastStand_Elite
06-01-2014, 12:20 AM
When not if.

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Scotland is over-represented at FIFA, given our lowly status. I can't see FIFA ever refusing to recognise Scotland as an independent footballing nation, though.

The welsh playing for Team GB set the ball rolling again for the African and concacaf nations.

If the Scottish vote No for an independent country it also give more ammo for their cause.

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Its an open secret that many Tories and indeed some Labour MPs would prefer a Team GB. For sure the rank and file supporters of all Nations are totally against it, Buts its on the radar of some to have a team GB,

Of course if Scotland said...;D

Francis_begbie_HFC
06-01-2014, 11:08 AM
there will never be a team gb cause to be recognised as an individual country by fifa is all about having national leagues ,if fifa were to make us one nation ie team gb there would have to be one league body ie a gb league and i cant see that happening ,as long as scotland have a national football league we will always have a national team.

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 08:26 PM
there will never be a team gb cause to be recognised as an individual country by fifa is all about having national leagues ,if fifa were to make us one nation ie team gb there would have to be one league body ie a gb league and i cant see that happening ,as long as scotland have a national football league we will always have a national team.

Teams from lietchenstein play in the swiss regional leagues yet still have a national team.

I was talking to an official from the Canadian soccer confederation last week,he was hoping Scotland qualify for the women's world cup next year in Canada,then said it might be the last time you'll see a Scottish international team in a world cup.

Concacaaf are still pi ssed at 2 of their officials being accused of corruption,jack warner of Trinidad and chuck blazer of the USA,the latter resigning,yet European officials are blatant about their corruption yet nothing comes of it.

The European

Whyendup2
06-01-2014, 08:31 PM

Teams from lietchenstein play in the swiss regional leagues yet still have a national team.

I was talking to an official from the Canadian soccer confederation last week,he was hoping Scotland qualify for the women's world cup next year in Canada,then said it might be the last time you'll see a Scottish international team in a world cup.

Concacaaf are still pi ssed at 2 of their officials being accused of corruption,jack warner of Trinidad and chuck blazer of the USA,the latter resigning,yet European officials are blatant about their

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
06-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Concacaaf are still pi ssed at 2 of their officials being accused of corruption,jack warner of Trinidad and chuck blazer of the USA,the latter resigning,yet European officials are blatant about their

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't think the matter of Scotland having an international football team or not would sway anybody's vote anyway.

All I was saying was what the future will proably be for our international team.

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Concacaaf are still pi ssed at 2 of their officials being accused of corruption,jack warner of Trinidad and chuck blazer of the USA,the latter resigning,

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Then African and concacaf nations will return to fifa and ask for our national team to lose its international football status.

For years they have gone to fifa about why Scotland ,wales ,England and n Ireland have 4 representatives yet are united with 1 parliament.

The soviet union only had one vote ,yet when that country broke up ,15 new independent countries appeared,thus giving African and concacaf nations less say.

Voting NO could put Scotland's national football team at risk,maybe we'll soon see team GB a lot sooner than you think.

An old chestnut that one, and a bit of a lame duck to mix one's metaphors.

The Faeroe Islands are a non-state nation like Scotland, yet have been allowed into international competition in recent years.

San Marion, Liechtenstein and Andora have teams playing in 'foreign' leagues but are able to play in international competitions.

FIFA have granted membership to the likes of Gibraltar, Pales

Whyendup2
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM

Concacaaf are still pi ssed at 2 of their officials being accused of corruption,jack warner of Trinidad

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 09:00 PM

An old chestnut that one, and a bit of a lame duck to mix one's metaphors.

The Faeroe Islands are a non-state nation like Scotland, yet have been allowed into international competition in recent years.

San Marion, Liechtenstein and Andora have teams playing in 'foreign' leagues but are able to play in international competitions.

FIF

scoobydhoo1
06-01-2014, 09:06 PM

Concacaaf are still pi ssed at 2 of their officials being