PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone

mickyj
06-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Think of a "weaker" first 11 ever put out by West Ham than Allardyce put out yesterday ?

Many would say we have had many weaker teams than that including the current 1st team but seriously I'm racking my brains trying to think of one.
I've only been attending West Ham games since 1988 and I certainly can't think of any in that time, maybe some of you "older ;D " supporters can come up with some.

And no I'm not making excuses for yesterday as Forest could only beat what was put in front of them, but I hate to say it that team would have struggled against a conferance side.
Not blaming the Kids either as they were just left to hang out to dry with not enough experience around them, not one leader on that pitch yesterday to guide them through.

bazwillrun
06-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Its a shambolic disgrace.

People are saying how bad the "1st" team players that turned up were...thats hardly surprising.

they knew they were onto a hiding once they knew the team that was being put out so were hardly gonna be likely to run their nuts off for 90 in what was obviously a totally futile cause.

I admit Jarvis,Maiga et al arent the best of the bunch anyway, but its pretty clear that there is no confidence in sam and his methods

these are "pros" theyre not totally stupid, they know when theyve got a chance and when they havent.

If you were a WHU player how excited about playing for sam would you be at the moment !?

Exactly !

mickyj
06-01-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm just wondering if the U21 squad line up with the same formation as the one he used yeasterday because if they don't then to me that once again shows P155 poor management, surely if you are going to play a team full of the development squad then a least play them in a formation that they are familiar with...I may be wrong because I hold my hands up and say I've never watched them.

only1salty
06-01-2014, 10:04 AM
The formation killed the game.

Playing Potts and Driver in a back 3 was poor. These are inexperienced full backs.

The centre half should have started in the back 4, not on the bench.

mickyj
06-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Talking of Driver I have to say I was impressed with him.
Hopefully any future manager was watching the game and saw something in a couple of the youngsters.

Whiskyman
06-01-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm just wondering if the U21 squad line up with the same formation as the one he used yeasterday because if they don't then to me that once again shows P155 poor management, surely if you are going to play a team full of the development squad then a least play them in a formation that they are familiar with...I may be wrong because I hold my hands up and say I've never watched them.

Whenever I've seen them (not often I admit) they have usually played with a back 4, although on a couple of occasions I have seem them play 3 at the back.

But you're right about probably struggling against a conference side. That's part of the problem imo. We just don't know how good or otherwise these kids are going to be when they come up against better opposition than they are used to. Perhaps we should let Orient share the OS as our feeder club. ;D

What was clear yesterday was that you can't play 3 at the back with Downing & Jarvis as the wide mi

BillyDWhizz
06-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I remember Les Sealy coming on for John Moncur as an outfield player against Le A.rse...Memory serves we lost to a Wrighty Pen and D.icksy got sent off? We should have played Jussi as centre forward yesterday.