PDA

View Full Version : The Tesco proposed development ...

lovedeanblue
06-01-2014, 05:01 PM
That's another thing that has gone quiet. The planning application reportedly was due to go in around Oct 11th. It hasn't gone in, anyone know owt about it ?

souths1
07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
That's another thing that has gone quiet. The planning application reportedly was due to go in around Oct 11th. It hasn't gone in, anyone know owt about it ?
Ssssh!!!

lovedeanblue
21-01-2014, 04:12 PM
On my e mail re the M.O.M award on Saturday I asked about this development too. This is the reply Johnny sent.

With regard the Tesco development, as I understand it, the matter is still very much ongoing but between the developer and the council with regard to dates etc.

So I thanked him for that, I shall have to wait patiently as I always try to do ;D

lovedeanblue
04-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Taken from the News

THE path has been cleared for a development to take place which could see Fratton Park turned into a 21st century stadium.

Three key stumbling blocks to a proposal to see a Tesco superstore built on land next to the stadium have been removed by Portsmouth City Council.

The football club says the deal will release funds which will mean investment can be made to redevelop the stadium.

But, as reported previously in The News, residents and other retailers say having a Tesco there will harm the livelihood of shops in the Fratton and Milton areas, and cause increased congestion.

Yesterday, Portsmouth City Councils cabinet members voted to sell a parcel of land off Anson Road to Point Estates LLP, which is owned by developer Stuart Robinson.

Point Estates leases the land, and will become the freeholder for an undisclosed sum.

The lease on a second parcel of land off Anson Road, currently leased by Point Estates, will be transferred to Portsmouth Community Footba

EnfieldBlue
04-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Yeah, could turn Fratton Park into a 21st-century stadium. By the 22nd century... >;)

midhurstblue
04-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Of course it will be a great help to the plans for the development if Pompey are still in the Football League after this seasson.

nonsuchmike
05-02-2014, 03:37 PM
For all the very latest news, go to:- Fratton parkredevelopment.kabaka.

lovedeanblue
11-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Plans have been submitted, it could be open by next year if all goes well with 300 jobs created :star:

wolfblade
11-02-2014, 07:48 PM
And how many small local businesses will it close ? not so smart then is it !!!ffs

lovedeanblue
11-02-2014, 08:06 PM
There's a Tesco not long opened in Eastney, A Co-op not that far around the corner in Highland Road. They haven't affected the Eastney shops, the Bransbury Park butcher won't go under for sure. If you don't like it Wolf you have the right to object as we all have

___Whatever___
12-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Not impressed with the plans to be honest and think it could restrict the club in the future.

It looks like we get a new car park and something done to the north stand but we don't know what but it does not appear to be anything significant or anything other than short term.

I think any future expansion of the ground or turn around would then be difficult due to parking as this would need to be on the new car park.

Very dissapointed also with the lack of info from the club on what is to be done and having more details in a paper.

___Whatever___
12-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Just to add as well as the 'plans' I assume we are pocketing some money as well for future development... but as above struggle to see anything other than short term planning so could be throwing money away and an opportunity for very little gain for the club.

lovedeanblue
12-02-2014, 11:24 AM
True Blue Army site has a good thread on this topic, worth a read in my opinion. I have to say if Tesco hadn't come along with this plan, then from what I have heard B & Q would probably have downsized and another large supermarket would have taken over the large space they vacated. This way we get a new car park, entrances and some dosh to carry out much needed improvements. Something else to discuss when the Truss reconvenes in due course :star:

___Whatever___
12-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks - had a read and seems there is potential.

Still disappointing nothing from the club though!

lovedeanblue
12-02-2014, 06:39 PM
From the clubs website

Plans submitted for Tesco store

Project includes stadium improvements

A scheme to build a new Tesco store on land behind Fratton Park has taken a huge step forward as a planning application was submitted to Portsmouth City Council today (February 10).

The eagerly anticipated plans – which have been in development since the summer – include early improvements to the stadium.

The land deal between the club and the site’s owners will also help Pompey secure their long-term success at Fratton Park.

Local residents and fans were widely consulted over the summer, with more than 90 per cent of those asked supporting both the store and the improvements to the ground.

Point Estates, the company behind the scheme, is owned by Stuart Robinson, who has been working closely with the club for more than 12 months as its property partner.

Getting the plans finalised has taken longer than originally anticipated, but Stuart is delighted they are finally ready to be

___Whatever___
13-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Thats my point - where are the plans for what they what we are going to do rather than Tescos

lovedeanblue
13-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Vague mentions from the CEO of 5 or even 10 year plans from where I sit Whatever. The main priority for me is to stay in this division. I have been following this club for 50 years. I have to say in that time there have been so many ideas, so many plans. The first I recall was moving to the old airport which of course became Anchorage Park. The daftest one was the Hard move which was never going to happen. I've heard it all and will believe it, when or more likely if it happens. That sums me up in a nutshell

bluekite
13-02-2014, 09:11 AM
I pretty much echo Lovedean's views (no "like" button now otherwise I would have just clicked that!!!). Been following the club since mid 1950s and just hoping for stability this season.

BlueAdder
13-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Another one agreeing with LDB. So many ideas and promises, even knocked a little wall over once. However no real possibility of a go ahead.
Once when I thought there was a tiny chance the Brent Geese ably supported by Farlington residents scuppered the plans. There won't be anything (not even a new stand in my lifetime and I put staying in the Football League above everything.
Can you imagine watching your team being League Champions two years running and then watching them slip out of the League? Unthinkable!
What a run of bandits we have had associated with our club!! >:( >:( >:(

lovedeanblue
13-02-2014, 12:28 PM
I recall a Southern Electric (as it was called then) cable jointer telling me how all the utility services were cut off to the factories/units behind the North Stand. It was all ready to go XD Mandaric put the hard hat on, got the photo shoots he wanted and we know what then happened. :blue:
Change of topic I know but Kitey, am thinking of a couple of away trips before the season ends. Daggers and Northampton are in my thoughts. What about you ? :O

philphillips
13-02-2014, 07:43 PM
I take it an option to "move" to Horsea island is well and truly dead now or is it still something that could be done at some point in the future?

philfridge
13-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Any redevelopement at the present site does not address the problem of access onto Portsea Island, i seriously believe the option of selling the park and relocating to Farlington should be reinvestigated. However , given our current plight sitting tight and doing nothing until its clear that the club has turned the corner on the pitch and is on the up seems for the present , the best option.

pompeygun
13-02-2014, 08:15 PM
So do I. Lets be honest, FP is too landlocked to be refurbished properly. IMo PFC needs to look @ all the threads running on MB's. Only a matter of time before safety certificates for the N&SS become extremely problematic.

SNOUT
13-02-2014, 08:18 PM
The Tesco proposed development ... would provide a much needed cash boost; However Portsmouth has many large and local Tesco stores, does Portsmouth need another?
Many smaller traders in the Milton; Eastney and Fratton areas my well struggle and traffic concerns are also sighted. It would be good to see the area developed but is Tesco the only taker?

bluekite
13-02-2014, 11:01 PM
I recall a Southern Electric (as it was called then) cable jointer telling me how all the utility services were cut off to the factories/units behind the North Stand. It was all ready to go XD Mandaric put the hard hat on, got the photo shoots he wanted and we know what then happened. :blue:
Change of topic I know but Kitey, am thinking of a couple of away trips before the season ends. Daggers and Northampton are in my thoughts. What about you ? :O
Milan even had a spade I seem to remember... hope to do Northampton but hadn't thought about D & R..will give it some attention.