PDA

View Full Version : Newspapers - are they on the way oot

AguyIknow
06-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Used to avidly read newspapers up to a few years ago but have been reading them less and less - almost exclusively only online versions of them now.

Anyone else here think that newspapers as we know them are in their final years and things like Twitter and Websites (such as this) with their more immediate impact, added to radio and TV, seem to be consigning them to history.

And given many of the hacks that write as "experts" I must say I don't think they'll be missed.

aintnosurf
06-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Just become more sporty/celebrity if that was possible :?

AguyIknow
06-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Just become more sporty/celebrity if that was possible :?

More and more photos with fewer and fewer words in order to appeal to an ever dwindling market.

I think many of the hacks are becoming more and more controversial in order to try to promote debate around their "stories"

aintnosurf
06-01-2014, 05:39 PM
My parents had the papers delivered The Guardian/Daily R and at the weekends The Observer/Sunday Mail took me till I was about 15 to read News Of The World my word what world of difference that made to a nipper B) B)

AguyIknow
06-01-2014, 05:46 PM
But do they still have the papers delivered? Do they even bother to get a paper daily now?

YOu're a mucky wee so and so aren't you O:)

stewarty27
06-01-2014, 05:58 PM
The newspaper is def on the way out, The red tops are just about holding their own, But broad sheets are losing sales very badly, Particularly the Scotsman who have actually had to lay off staff, Their overtly Unionist stance has not helped them either as many (including masel) are now boycotting it.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
06-01-2014, 06:00 PM
The newspaper is def on the way out, The red tops are just about holding their own, But broad sheets are losing sales very badly, Particularly the Scotsman who have actually had to lay off staff, Their overtly Unionist stance has not helped them either as many (including masel) are now boycotting it.

Do you need to bring politics in to every thread? :zzz:

aintnosurf
06-01-2014, 06:43 PM
The Scotsman chose to pay people off when it got took over

Also its a f vkin rag