PDA

View Full Version : One Win In Five Games?

Rattea
07-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Should we lose or draw to fester on Friday. One in four games as it stands ATM.

Funny how things can turn round so quickly in football isn't it!!!!!

Representativly That's not far off relegation form if 'translated' to league would be an average 1 point a game if we got a draw Friday even.

No wonder some have gone a bit quiet ;)

blackandwhite56
07-01-2014, 12:51 AM

Representativly That's not far off relegation form if 'translated' to league would be an average 1 point a game if we got a draw Friday even.

So what result are you hoping for on Friday? ( tell us beforehand and be honest!)

swaledale
07-01-2014, 01:06 AM
I think many on here have gone quiet because its been such a pain to log on and use these past couple of weeks!

I've seen nothing over the past few games to suggest the wheels ahve come off, creditable performances which with the exception of the Chelski game could have gone either way. Plenty of clubs with better resources than us have had worse spells!!

RamBusta
07-01-2014, 01:44 AM

FFS so now you really are clutching at straws...two defeats (one the FA Cup to one of the best sides in Europe!) and one to Wigan in the League off a run of 8 wins and a draw and all of a sudden you are "Translating" things to meet your own agenda...

How about "translating" it positively to an average of 2.25 points per game over the 11 games not counting the FA Cup as a League game (just to add credance to your post!)and declaring that even if we dont beat Leicester on Friday its still promotional form at 2 points per game over 12 games!!!

I cannot remember you coming on and spouting tha

triz
07-01-2014, 03:19 AM

FFS so now you really are clutching at straws...two defeats (one the FA Cup to one of the best sides in Europe!) and one to Wigan in the League off a run of 8 wins and a draw and all of a sudden you are "Translating" things to meet your own agenda...

How about "translating" it positively to an average of 2.25 points per game over the 11 games not counting the FA Cup as a League game (just to add credance to your post!)and declaring that even if we dont beat Leicester on Friday its still promotional form at 2 points per game over 12 games!!!

I

RaminNZ
07-01-2014, 06:38 AM

Its all DOOM I tell you its all DOOM FACTXD XD XD

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
So true Rattan, you are so wise.

I see the New Year Resolution is spreading

dcfcdavecov
07-01-2014, 09:44 AM

LOL

derby123
07-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Rattea really is a cretin. He is an attention seeker and a complete WUM. i swear he posts drivel just to keep people posting in numbers on this forum and so it doesnt get too quiet.

"hence why most smart folk on this site have begun to ignore all his posts. Its high time everyone joined in." Agree completely, it is time everyone just ignored him.

Southstandup
07-01-2014, 12:21 PM

What the ... did i just read! We have lost only one in the league jesus christ:/

dcfcdavecov
07-01-2014, 12:24 PM
The funny thing about this 1 point a game that he mentions (including Chelsea LOL) is that that might be enough to knick 6th spot anyway XD .

The only direction i'm looking is up. 'Cos that's where the statistics point.

Manofpride
07-01-2014, 01:02 PM
At the end of the day we have played better footy, got more more points,and looking good for play off place under Super Mac! We are in a position where I think Nige could never have taken us!

Rattea
07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
The funny thing about this 1 point a game that he mentions (including Chelsea LOL) is that that might be enough to knick 6th spot anyway XD .

Great thanks 'Dave' for stating the obvious there which most people seem to have already latched on to! Thats why the word 'translates' is used. I know its difficult but please do keep up ;)

I'm sure FAILDale will be along shortly to jump on your bandwagon!

You keep looking on way ... thats when disappointment, justified or not comes to bite you. I think the term 'Happy Clappers' is starting to make sense here.

Whats really funny is some of you have a go at me for looking at the FACTs and saying it how it is but then you look on the Fester thread to what most people expect on Friday and they are saying lose or draw ... backing up my observation!!!!

Funny really how many people dont stop and think isnt it

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't think its wrong at all Rat, I think in your mind you are right, no need for further debate. Another thread killed with luck

dcfcdavecov
07-01-2014, 01:41 PM

Great thanks 'Dave' for stating the obvious there which most people seem to have already latched on to! Thats why the word 'translates' is used. I know its difficult but please do keep up ;)

I'm sure FAILDale will be along shortly to jump on your bandwagon!

You keep looking on way ... thats when disappointment, justified or not comes to bite you. I think the term 'Happy Clappers' is starting to make sense here.

Whats really funny is some of you have a go at me for looking at the FACTs and saying it how it is but then you look on the Fester thread to what most people expect on Friday and they are saying lose or draw ... backing up my observation!!!!

Funny really

Rattea
07-01-2014, 02:21 PM
runs mean nothing unless you compare them against a datum to see what they actually represent.

You tell people you are an accountant so LFL (Like For Like) should not not be totally alien to you. Although more used by those that want to actually measure true performance.

Look at the LFL of results over the whole season and there is little evidence of any real change!

Mind blowing I know to those who dont want, or dont want, to look at it in a true form. I'm sure you would want yourself to be seperated from those ;)

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Yawning

ramspride
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Is'nt about time you were off to far away places again Rattea. The further the better or will no one now have you.

UpTheRams1884
07-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Mickleover_Ram
07-01-2014, 02:47 PM
But there has been significant change Rat, there is now a buzz about the place, there is now a feeling that something good may happen, there has been a run of good results, There is now more people coming back to the stadium and best of all, there is now no longer that lack of ambition lack of enthusiasm and connection to the crowd that Clough had.

and as for datum points and results against leicester, how DID clough do? didnt we lose to them TWICE already when he was in charge earlier this season?????? and remember we lost FOUR one in this fixture last season (yes good datum point)

In fact I am sure I am right in saying against Blackburn last year we couldnt beat them in 3 attempts when they had a different manager every timeand I will moan when we lose to the likes of Crawley which ofcourse the MASTer clough would NEVER do, . . oh wait. . . . . .

blackandwhite56
07-01-2014, 03:03 PM
runs mean nothing unless you compare them against a datum to see what they actually represent.

You tell people you are an accountant so LFL (Like For Like) should not not be totally alien to you. Although more used by those that want to actually measure true performance.

Look at the LFL of results over the whole season and there is little evidence of any real change!

Mind blowing I know to those who dont want, or dont want, to look at it in a true form. I'm sure you would want yourself to be seperated from those ;)

One has to suspect mental health issues behind this delusional tosh.

Gift_of_the_Gabb
07-01-2014, 03:20 PM
There's only one person on here who doesn't want Derby to win and will take delight in any defeat.

WUM

Rattea
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM
There's only one person on here who doesn't want Derby to win and will take delight in any defeat.

WUM

1. Who would that be then?

2. Are you one of a growing number who doesnt understand what they read and interprets it to what they think it says but actually doesnt?

I'm going for no 2 on this one ;)

I love it that I am delusional that we have won 1 in the last 4 ... I think its anyone theat doesnt recognise that FACT thats delusional.

Mickleover_Ram
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM
what should it read then?

Mickleover_Ram
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
How should it be interpreted then? It seems to me you are saying there has been no improvement since Mac came?????????? when CLEARLY there has, is my interpretation incorrect??????????

StHelierRAM
07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Here's one for you, played every team in the championship once and Wigan twice and we are 4th in the league, if we lose to Leicester on Friday, we will still be 4th in the league.

I think we are doing pretty well IMO

RamBusta
07-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Goalposts_________________________________________ ____
_____________________________________________Goalp osts
________________Goalposts_________________________ ____
_________________________________Goalposts________ ____
Rattysposts_______________________________________ ____
___________________________________________Rattysp osts
________________Rattysposts_______________________ ____
_________________________________Rattysposts______ ____

Any simularities there? ...suits you sir!!! XD XD XD XD XD

Rattea
07-01-2014, 04:50 PM
StHelierRAM that is a fact. now if the fact suits others it will be received differently. That one most will be happy with but if you said if we lose we could drop to 8th you would probably be attacked for being negative ;)

Mickleover_Ram - you are interpreting there has been an improvement. But what from? From Jewell or the PL season or what? If you you are going to interpret what are you basing your measure of improvement against??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? ;)

Sma11ytheRam
07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
StHelierRAM that is a fact. now if the fact suits others it will be received differently. That one most will be happy with but if you said if we lose we could drop to 8th you would probably be attacked for being negative ;)

Mickleover_Ram - you are interpreting there has been an improvement. But what from? From Jewell or the PL season or what? If you you are going to interpret what are you basing your measure of improvement against??????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????? ;)

I have argued with you before about manipulating stats to suit your agenda! There's not a form table in the country that uses five games or includes a cup game against a team in the league above!

In terms of measuring improvement..(not counting Ipswich)

Clough 11 points from 9 games. 1.22 points a game
McClaren 32 points from 14 games. 2.28 points a game
1.06 more points a game. Improvement!

Pro Rata for the season
Clough 56

minesahartington
07-01-2014, 07:00 PM

I have argued with you before about manipulating stats to suit your agenda! There's not a form table in the country that uses five games or includes a cup game against a team in the league above!

1.06 more points a game

X28
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM

What nonsense, I am not a regular poster on here, more an avid reader. I read with utter bewilderment at times Rattea the juxtaposition you take with most on here. I have found another board to read and sometimes contribute that does not appear to have a Rat. Thanks to all the other posters on here that generally seem to post good stuff, but Rat-Tea your posts are enough.

Gift_of_the_Gabb
07-01-2014, 09:18 PM
I love it that I am delusional

Don't be so harsh on yourself. You just have issues you need to resolve.

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 09:29 PM
X28, can you let me know what the other board is please as I would love to find a rat free board with none of his asinine posts. Soon he will find himself talking to himself and doubtless disagreeing with himself too.

Thanks
Roger

doodle
07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Try ************ Found it whilst this site had gone pear shaped. Good banter very few forest on there. The other mods on here need to have a word with the *****. He needs to remember its supposed to be a Derby supporters forum and stop trying to turn every post into a row. It's well past boring now.

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks doodle... maybe an exodus would make our point better than complaints

Rattea
07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
It's a discussion board oddly enough!!!! I didn't know we all had to say an post what we are told.

The problem is a few of you don't want to discuss you just want others to say what you want or hurl abuse.

A novel idea for you would be to avoid the threads you have no interest in or actually try and discuss something. I know that's probably way out there but it's a thought?

roger_ramjet
07-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Bluster all you wish Rat but people will vote with their feet unless the condescending crap that infiltrates most threads ends. Sure it's your right to express views (although I find it hard to believe that you really hold those views yourself), it's also our right to move on and leave you to argue with yourself... Trying to be polemic to keep the board vibrant is a good idea but you don't seem to know when to stop.

Rattea
07-01-2014, 10:23 PM

1.06 more points a game

triz
07-01-2014, 10:27 PM
condescending crap

nail on head

Stan_van_nel
07-01-2014, 10:49 PM
I see that you're still an utter balloon Rattea.

I'm pretty sure if you came across in real life as you do on here, then you'd have a casualty departmentd after you.

8 wins in 11 games, or if you're an utter balloon.. 2 losses in two games.

Rattea
07-01-2014, 11:02 PM
You can't be saying that last bit. You'll be on the gallows for anything rather than saying everything is rosey!

Unlike some I wound hurl abuse at you tho ... I'm sticking with the middle ground of one win in four ;)

Stan_van_nel
07-01-2014, 11:24 PM
You stick with the middle ground Rattea, that's the ground that was held by Clough.

Leicester had a 1 win in 4 games not long ago and so did Burnley and QPR.

If you're looking for negatives in Derby's recent run then you want your head feeling as much as the chap who gave you the whistle to use on here.

Giving Roger a yellow card for putting another Derby site up, just about sums you up.

triz
07-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Lets be serious, putting another site up wasn't the reason Rog got a yellow, it was the excuse. Proven by the fact someone else put it up too and it got starred out and no cards were issued.

As you said stan...what a Balloon

Rattea
08-01-2014, 12:20 AM
He reposted something that had been edited out. That's a yellow. We do not advertise other sites that's been in place as long as I can remember. Other have red carded for the same thing. Not by me incidentally!

Ironically on that site there are more people that agree with me than don't. Will be fun for him there ... ill enjoy watching that one pan out ;)

You stick with the middle ground Rattea, that's the ground that was held by Clough.

If you're looking for negatives in Derby's recent run then you want your head feeling as much as the chap who gave you the whistle to use on here.

Not looking for negatives at all just looking at it realistically!

We had purple patches under Clough. People got carried away and they got all negative when form dipped. As yet there is no clear evidence that there has been an improvement just a run of easier fixture

Rapid
08-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Giving Roger a yellow card for putting another Derby site up, just about sums you up.

a very very poor show. not the first time the rat has abused his mod power.

chili756
08-01-2014, 07:38 AM
I used to get barracked when I claimed how well we were playing under Clough, and ridiculed when I claimed we could go up. Yet basically the same team under McClaren, and now we have threads popping up on all sites about going up, and hardly anyone says anything!!!!!

Wisdom and Dawkins are the only real additions under McClaren. The other factor is the attacking discipline that the current management have instilled, and it is amazing. In terms of playing we have improved, far more than I thought we would have. We are also far higher up, than I thought possible too!

We may be stuttering now, but we have had a tough run of games over Xmas, picked up a couple of knocks, and perhaps the players had their heads slightly turned by the Chelsea game. Next up is Leicester, who are beatable, and apart from the Reading game, I think have struggled to score. We can win, but a draw is probably more achieveable.

Lets just keep behind the team, hope for a couple more additions to give us a bit mo

Gift_of_the_Gabb
08-01-2014, 08:49 AM

a very very poor show. not the first time the rat has abused his mod power.[/quote]

Indeed I once mentioned another forum and Chris edited my post. No bans just sensible moderation.

Sadly the Rat got personal. Rat should really be stripped of his moderating power, as I and I'm sure others, have no faith in his impartiality. As this latest agenda based yellow card has shown.

Bear DCFC
08-01-2014, 09:18 AM

a very very poor show. not the first time the rat has abused his mod power.[/quote]

Indeed I once mentioned another forum and Chris edited my post. No bans just sensible moderation.

Sadly the Rat got personal. Rat should really be stripped of his moderating power, as I and I'm sure others, have no faith in his impartiality. As this latest agenda based yellow card has shown.[/quote]

Another user did the same in another thread in the referees room and no yellow card given.

dcfcdavecov
08-01-2014, 09:29 AM
He reposted something that had been edited out. That's a yellow. We do not advertise other sites that's been in place as long as I can remember. Other have red carded for the same thing. Not by me incidentally!

Ironically on that site there are more people that agree with me than don't. Will be fun for him there ... ill enjoy watching that one pan out ;)

[quote="Stan_van_nel"]You stick with the middle ground Rattea, that's the ground that was held by Clough.

Not looking for negatives at all just looking at it realistically!

We had purple patches under Clough. People got carried away and they got all negative when form dipped. As yet there is no clear evidence that there has been

Rattea
08-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Chilli excellent post but you are one of the old school from the days when debate and discussion was common place. How many newbies demonstrate that art?

Yes I do realise that we've been on a run but I also realise about other Purple patches and false dawns we have had. If you read what I post 'Dave' and not what you think I post then you may very well get a different picture.

The fact remains true to my initial post "If we dont win on Friday thats 1 win in 5 and its amazing how quickly things can change in football"

Pretty simple really. now look at some of the reactions to actually a quite innocent statement ;)

blackandwhite56
08-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Chilli excellent post but you are one of the old school from the days when debate and discussion was common place. How many newbies demonstrate that art?

Do you mean the days when your posts were full of smileys, and you talked of 'owning' people and your posts were so littered with typos they could mean anything? (To be fair there a still a lot of typos.)

You are not interested in debate - simply trying to show your 'the man' ,superior to everyone else. You set a disgusting example as a MOD.

Trouble is you can't see beyond your own delusions. The so called LforL analysis you have carried out on our recent results is a joke since its your judgement alone that is making comparisons over the worth of individual results. Its just your attempt to deny simple facts and keep up your argument that Sam Rush is no good.

Give yourself a break and don't post for a while. You might regain some credibility.

Rattea
08-01-2014, 10:44 AM
LFL removes the requirement of judgement and interpretation as it is exactly that ... LIKE FOR LIKE ;)

do you know what interesting is I spend a lot of time talking to people about subjects I know nothing about or they have new ideas and I dont try yo shoot them down feel safe.

I ask questions!
Understand!
And considered what that perspective gives!

Dont see much of that on here.

However credibility is not what you are suggesting it is. If we are on a good run and some says caution they have no credibility according to you. So what happens then if the caution is correct. If people dont understand they go on the attack. Why would retreat then restore credibility ...?

AdiSalisbury
08-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Back on subject...

1 win in 5 games is no big deal so long as it doesn't become 1 win in 10. Recent history in this league shows very few teams running away with high win ratios. What will keep us in the mix now is consistancy.

Top 6 would be an incredible return on a season where most would have taken around 8th.

Stimaclegend
08-01-2014, 03:25 PM

The folowing quote is taken from today's Derby Telegraph:

"THE two form teams in the Championship - Leicester City and Derby County - go head-to-head at the King Power Stadium on Friday night.

The Rams top the division's form guide based on their last six matches, despite losing 1-0 at home to Wigan Athletic in their previous league outing on New Year's Day.

League leaders Leicester have collected an equal number of points (13) over the same period, albeit with a slightly less impressive goal difference."

FACT!

Rattea
08-01-2014, 03:32 PM
OK!

And how does that link into the thread?

What is your point?

I take it same period is from 7th December then as in the last 5 LEAGUE games they have picked up 13 points but us 10?

In that time they have played Reading, QPR, Burnley, Brighton all near the to pof the tabel. The only lowely one is Bolton and Millwall. Slightly more difficult games I would say as our highest places was Wigan on the current table ... and we lost!

See what I mean scratch the surcace and you get a very different picture ;)

Stan_van_nel
08-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Yes Stimaclegend, what's your point?

It's 2 defeats in 2 games and no goals in 180 minutes of football.

Martin and Ward need dropping and... McClaren OUT!

Stimaclegend
08-01-2014, 03:47 PM
OK!

What is your point?

My point is even if there has been a dip in form, we are still on a better run than any other team in this league (excluding Leicester). At what point this season can that have been said under Clough's management?

triz
08-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Some mix up 'condensation' with 'confusion' when its a little bit out of their comfort zone I think you will find!

Too much irony :s

You have to be doing this on purpose, no one is that stupid...surely

Rattea
08-01-2014, 04:18 PM
OK!

What is your point?

My point is even if there has been a dip in form, we are still on a better run than any other team in this league (excluding Leicester). At what point this season can that have been said under Clough's management?[/quote]

From the teams they got 13 points off we got 7 ... is that better form when comparing almost like for like?

Stimaclegend
08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
OK!

What is your point?

My point is even if there has been a dip in form, we are still on a better run than any other team in this league (excluding Leicester). At what point this season can that have been said under Clough's management?[/quote]

From the teams they got 13 points off we got 7 ... is that better form when comparing almost
like for like?

I take it same period is from 7th December then as in the last 5 LEAGUE games they have picked up 13 points but us 10?

In that time they have played Reading, QPR, Burnley, Brighton all near the to pof the tabel. The only lowely one is Bolton and Millwall. Slightly more difficult games I would say as our highest places was Wigan on the current table ... and we lost![/quote]

So I assume all the other teams in the league who's current form is worse th

swaledale
08-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Some mix up 'condensation' with 'confusion' when its a little bit out of their comfort zone I think you will find!

Too much irony :s

You have to be doing this on purpose, no one is that stupid...surely[/quote]

I think you will find he probably is!!

swaledale
08-01-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm just so amazed at how erudite and intelligent Rats posts are, why if it wasnt for his insight and oh so witty reposts this forum wouldbe so much the poorer.

I bow to your wisdom oh great rodent.

Sma11ytheRam
08-01-2014, 06:45 PM
OK!

What is your point?

From the teams they got 13 points off we got 7 ... is that better form when comparing almost like for like?[/quote]

Ok compare like for like...

We got 44 points from playing every team in the league. That made us the second best team in the league at the same time everyone else had played everyone else.

Looking at Wigan which is the only team we have lost to since the 3rd of November. They have only lost to two teams currently in the Top Six... Leicester and Derby. They've beaten Forest, beaten Burnley, beaten Ipswich, beaten us, and drawn with QPR.

Sma11ytheRam
08-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Also Rattea.

The five teams Leicester got their 13 points from we only got 4 from I think you'll find. We played four of them under Clough's management...

dph
08-01-2014, 08:02 PM
[quote="Rattea"]LFL removes the requirement of judgement and interpretation as it is exactly that ... LIKE FOR LIKE ;)

do you know what interesting is I spend a lot of time talking to people about subjects I know nothing about or they have new ideas and I dont try yo shoot them down feel safe.

I ask questions!
Understand!
And considered what that perspective gives!

Dont see much of that on here.

However credibility is not what you are suggesting it is. If we are on a good run and some says caution they have no credibility according to you. So what happens then if the caution is correct. If people dont understand they go on the attack. Why would retreat then restore credibility ...?[/quot

Rat
Define like for like for me can you, and i don't mean the of the clubs we played.

Because unless the teams we played under NC & SM
played exactly the same players/formations and subs then is it like for like?

Stan_van_nel
08-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Sorry but I would just like to put Sma11ytheRam right on one thing.

Wigan haven't beaten Burnley, we drew 0-0 with them.

It doesn't spoil the point you were making though, so carry on. B)

AngryRam
08-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Ha Ha... Only temporary though. Naughty corner for you Roger.

Don't know what he is on at the moment... Does not post for weeks and now seems to be on a mission.
>:(

Free Roger..

triz
08-01-2014, 09:46 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if he just packs up and ****s off now. It'd be a shame but not surprising if another level headed top poster is hounded out by a certain someone.

Gift_of_the_Gabb
08-01-2014, 09:59 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if he just packs up and ****s off now. It'd be a shame but not surprising if another level headed top poster is hounded out by a certain someone.

Sadly Triz he won't be the first and he certainly won't be the last.

dph
08-01-2014, 10:02 PM

Don't let the bully win

Rattea
09-01-2014, 12:04 AM
OK!

What is your point?

From the teams they got 13 points off we got 7 ... is that better form when comparing almost like for like?[/quote]

Ok compare like for like...

We got 44 points from playing every team in the league. That made us the second best team in the league at the same time everyone else had played everyone else.

Looking at Wigan which is the only team we have lost to since the 3rd of November. They have only lost to two teams currently in the Top Six... Leicester and Derby. They've beaten Forest, beaten Burnley,

sheeeeeeeeeep
09-01-2014, 01:10 AM
FFS can't we just agree that both are good managers for different reasons? Instead of making out one is god and the other is a pile of ****?

Stan_van_nel
09-01-2014, 01:41 AM
The context was not of which management it was of quality of opposition!

And the same applies to form tables they mean absolutely nothing unless comparing quality of opposition as the list of our and festers games illustrates quite clearly.

Do you attempted distractions from the actual topic in hand are moot!

I can only assume that you are either three sheets to the wind or that English isn't your first language.

Moderator - A chairman of debate/ an independent person to settle a dispute.

Rattea - A condescending childish person who abuses his moderating status and likes to fuel disputes using few facts.

LoyalFan
09-01-2014, 07:19 AM

One of those "four" games you mention was Chelsea, seeing as it wasn't a league game how can it be included in your stats if your claiming it's relegation form. FACT is we've LOST only TWICE in the 14 games the Msc has been in charge of the team. B)

Rattea
09-01-2014, 07:50 AM
As I have pointed out already even covered in this thread and I think is clear to most the use of the word 'translated' explains that this includes this!!!!

Remember people are so quick to state you can include this or you can't include that so if you include everything and look at it in different ways it gives you a truer picture!

Fact remains if we don't win on Friday it's one win in five and it's amazing how quick things change. Oddly enough I've seen the same point raised by others but they seem to be debating with those that want to discuss not attack. Who's that an endorsement of ;)

Oddly if anyone is watching the news this morning they might have noticed Tesco, Marks and Spencer and Mortisons have announced their yearly performance. The main pint here is they are not talking about the bottom line figure but ... The LIKE FOR LIKE performance ... Nothing like timing :)

dcfcdavecov
09-01-2014, 12:52 PM
LFL

Last season under Clough

Watford away - lost (McClaren won)
Birmingham home - won (drew)
Leeds home - won(won)
Sheff Wed home - Drew (won)
Middlesboro home - won (won)
Blackpool home - won (won)
Charlton away - drew (won)
Huddersfield away - lost (drew)
Barnsley away - drew (won)

They are the LFL stats, as other teams we have played under MccClaren weren't in this league last year.

That's an 8 point improvement in 9 games.

Ooops.

McClaren has taken 3 points off relegated teams from the Premiership in 3 games. Clough took 4 points from 6.

McClaren has taken 6 points from promoted teams from League 1 in 2 games. CLough took 9 from 6 games.

Which ever way you do, LFL, McClaren is superior by quite a margin, but this comes as no suprise to anybody here as McCLaren has only lost 2 in 14 - apart from one.

Sma11ytheRam
09-01-2014, 05:43 PM
As I have pointed out already even covered in this thread and I think is clear to most the use of the word 'translated' explains that this includes this!!!!

Remember people are so quick to state you can include this or you can't include that so if you include everything and look at it in different ways it gives you a truer picture!

Fact remains if we don't win on Friday it's one win in five and it's amazing how quick things change. Oddly enough I've seen the same point raised by others but they seem to be debating with those that want to discuss not attack. Who's that an endorsement of ;)

Oddly if anyone is watching the news this morning they might have noticed Tesco, Marks and Spencer and Mortisons have announced their yearly performance. The main pint here is they are not talking about the bottom line figure but ... The LIKE FOR LIKE performance ... Nothing like timing :)

So to use the Chelsea game in your (cherry picked) form

swaledale
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM
You forgot that like for like Rat is always right, whichever way you look at it and however you compare it!

swaledale
09-01-2014, 09:24 PM
If McClaren finishes ina higher league position with more points than Clough managed then irrespective of which teams we lost to or which teams we beat McClaren will have been better than Clogh..simples!