PDA

View Full Version : Bids for Dicko

Bradmiller
07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Wigan have received 2 bids for Nouha Dicko - via @pkendrickwig on twitter.

Hope one of them is from us, looking at his tweets it seems the info is from the Wigan press conference

TurbochargedJJ
07-01-2014, 02:56 PM
I heard a rumour from a sheff U fan that their prince was going to put a bid in... not sure if he was winding me up...

LiberalFan
07-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Please be one of the irons in the fire ;D .. I hope that's why big Stevie was clearing the wages/players out so we can bring in this guy. It makes sense he is 21 and fits in with the TS & SE project.

audimiller
07-01-2014, 04:27 PM
iv heard weve put a bid in for him :-) hope its true UTM

ExeterMiller
07-01-2014, 04:28 PM
I think he would be the difference between mid table obscurity & getting in the play offs

If we land him though, I'd have to question where on earth the transfer / agent fees are coming from & how on earth we aren't breaking league rules with his wages (would love to have him permanently though of course)

Galant
07-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Fee shouldn't be too hefty as he is out of contract in Summer but wages currently on just under ?10,000 per week which is reputedly twice what Arnason is on.

RawmarshMiller
07-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Whilst £10k a week is a lot, bear in mind we have just moved 7 players of the wage bill and Schofield is on for another 6 months only - earning a rumoured £3k per week. It is easy to guess that the 7 were on around £1500 a week - so I would estimate that we have freed up enough budget to pay the wages of Dicko.

Also take into account, should he come, score a bagful of goals, he would become a very saleable asset.

rodcurrie
07-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Whilst A?10k a week is a lot, bear in mind we have just moved 7 players of the wage bill and Schofield is on for another 6 months only - earning a rumoured A?3k per week. It is easy to guess that the 7 were on around A?1500 a week - so I would estimate that we have freed up enough budget to pay the wages of Dicko.

Also take into account, should he come, score a bagful of goals, he would become a very saleable asset.just heard the rumour on footy heaven that the 2 to bid are the millers and coventry,coventry?:? how can they be signing players on crowds of abart 2k?they signed someone from abroad in the last couple of days as well,FAIR PLAY LEAGUE MY AR*E.:) UTB

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I heard a rumour from a sheff U fan that their prince was going to put a bid in... not sure if he was winding me up...

Don't think the prince is going to be spending much money myself.

Adventus2012
07-01-2014, 06:45 PM
He's definitely coming to us!!

UTM

merry_miller
07-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I hope it didn't come from the same source as Scott's new contract ;D

DavidEdinburgh
07-01-2014, 08:08 PM
He's definitely coming to us!!

UTM

Please Please Pretty Please... would settle for that and no more players in... (which should also balance books with outgoings as others have said):D

Adventus2012
07-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Nice one merry, I don't know what I must have been thinking mate! I deserve a good ribbing for that one! :D

If I had the b0llocks I would give myself a good beating with a rubber hose ;)

stonewaller
07-01-2014, 08:21 PM
I would imagine we would have to offer around £300,000 for him on a permanent deal.
Thoughts on what we will have to pay for him!.

CAMiller
07-01-2014, 08:26 PM

Nice one merry, I don't know what I must have been thinking mate! I deserve a good ribbing for that one! :D

If I had the b0llocks I would give myself a good beating with a rubber hose ;)[/quote]

I'd hidden my insults away in case you came looking for me Knocker XD - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111706137)

block5upper
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
I would say ?250.000 - ?300.000 plus a 25 % sell on clause

millyTHEmiller
07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
id be very suprised if he goes for less than half a million!! sure there was talk of wigan wantin 800k. hes young with lots of potential,theyl not let him go for 250k, specialy with how many clubs are interested in him

DavidEdinburgh
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM

Not enough...

Take a measured risk : ?450k fee, 3 year deal, 15% sellon, ?7.5k pw wages, rising to ?9k if promoted, easily covered by increased revenue if promoted.

Risk Mitigation: Let Nards & other players on loan go permanently at end of season if not promoted as a safety net on costs, wage reduction even if no transfer fee ... (except Tids, I want him back)

Sorted - get on the blower Stevie...

DavidEdinburgh
07-01-2014, 08:59 PM

Not enough...

Take a measured risk : ?450k fee, 3 year deal, 15% sellon, ?7.5k pw wages, rising to ?9k if promoted, easily covered by increased revenue if promoted.

Risk Mitigation: Let Nards & other players on loan go permanently at end of season if not promoted as a safety net on costs, wage reduction even if no transfer fee ... (except Tids, I want him back)

Sorted - get on the blower Stevie...[/quote]

obviously some bother with when we post a quid it comes out as a ? (question mark) ?

merry_miller
07-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Are we not treading a fine line talking about 7.5-10k wages ? that's one way to cause a few ructions in the camp as it's probably treble what the rest of the players are on.

bigrich
07-01-2014, 09:23 PM
just because we've sent a load out on loan doesnt mean we're still not paying some of thier wages!!...

i'd love to know how much we've spent on siging players that dont actually play for us..

DavidEdinburgh
07-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Are we not treading a fine line talking about 7.5-10k wages ? that's one way to cause a few ructions in the camp as it's probably treble what the rest of the players are on.

I don't think so - In private sector lots of same roles are done by people on various salaries, sometimes you have to pay the market price, it's just because footballers get paid so much it's an issue...I would argue the 'team' would be sold this on basis that if it helps us get promoted they would all benefit, and if we do, probably a modest wage increase, bonuses, plus they are all then championship players... etc..

DavidEdinburgh
07-01-2014, 09:32 PM
just because we've sent a load out on loan doesnt mean we're still not paying some of thier wages!!...

i'd love to know how much we've spent on siging players that dont actually play for us..

but their must be some benefit otherwise we would not do it, no-one would. I agree though that to make savings in the long run we would have to assume we could release some from their contracts (fee or free transfers), or I assume some may be out of contract in the summer.

miller_Jam84
07-01-2014, 09:39 PM
there's no way we'll break our wage structure for him so can't see him coming. Evans already said we wouldn't break our structure for any player. Hope i'm wrong though!

gramiller1959
07-01-2014, 09:47 PM
are we seeing a new ploy ? ie ... small squad of quality players rather than a large squad of mediocre ?

therefore we can afford to pay higher wages !

bigrich
07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
yeah, but it's deja vu from last season again..

we've signed players in the summer and paid good money in fees, just to ship em off out in january..

what a waste!!..

however, money spent on Dicko looks to be well invested if we dont break the bank.

GingaMilla
07-01-2014, 09:54 PM
My heart nearly stopped when I seen the 9k.. No way will we ever pay that for a player. Ever. He is not even on that much with Wigan, out of contract in the summer too so the fee wont be that high.

Would be nice if he came for sure.

kempo
07-01-2014, 10:17 PM
The suggestion that Dicko is on a half million plus pa contract at Wigan is ludicrous but about par for this message board.

Flicker1
07-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Talk of 7k a week is utter rubbish. He's on no were near that. He will be nearer 4-5k a week. Tavs from Newcastle May be on 7k a week. We are talking young players unable to break into the first team. 4k a week plus bonus will get him here if we can agree terms with him and Wigan. Which will be over our pay structure.

gorky
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
The suggestion that Dicko is on a half million plus pa contract at Wigan is ludicrous but about par for this message board.

Exactly. As if a Wigan reserve (without a first team appearance) is going to earn 10 grand a week!

derfblade
07-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Stop fretting. The guy will be a Blade by Thursday.Big club loads of dosh...you aint got a prayer.

leedsmiller
07-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Run along, it's past your bedtime

Adventus2012
07-01-2014, 10:46 PM

If I had the b0llocks I would give myself a good beating with a rubber hose ;)[/quote]

I'd hidden my insults away in case you came looking for me Knocker XD[/quote]

Only to buy you a pint mate, hope you are loving the weather CAM ;D it's a tropical 9 degrees here! Happy New Year I hope it's a good un-your friend Knocker :D

redhouse
07-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Stop fretting. The guy will be a Blade by Thursday.Big club loads of dosh...you aint got a prayer.

He's not good enough for such a big club like the Blades LOL XD XD

After all with all that dosh the sky is the limit XD

LiAmOfRuFc
08-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Stop fretting. The guy will be a Blade by Thursday.Big club loads of dosh...you aint got a prayer. did you say big or sh!t?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2014, 12:47 AM

Loads of dosh, PMSL XD XD

wickersley__miller
08-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Wouldn't put it past Evans to pay silly money for one player and have a squad of 14 players.

derfblade
08-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Run along, it's past your bedtimeToo many sherberts last night so was a bit naughty on here. Only having a bit of fun and love you reallyxxxxxxx

Heman
08-01-2014, 08:33 AM
I have put more over the bar at the pub in 1 night than Prince charming has put into the blades.

£1 was it?

Ahh... I apologise, is he All-inclusive? Can you see his wrist band?

WorcestershireMiller
08-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Lets get things in perspective, the risk of clearing the wage bill to accomodate one player who is small and is at risk from some of the bigger defenders in this division,then he is crocked because of injury and then the dream is shattered. i think we are trying to pin our dreams of the championship on one player.

Also bear in mind this is all based on a RUMOUR !!!!

so the above doesnt matter then does it. ;D

frogmiller
08-01-2014, 05:34 PM
The salary of a footballer as I know it

A percentage goes to his agent!

A signing on fee. As a first contract he and his parents will be repaid for all the dedication for the lad making it. Depending on the club and it's stature at the time will depend on the ammount. Or a player on Bosman Rule will be happy :D

A signing on fee for the player who is bought will normally include the loyalty fee written into the previous contract. Normally paid in October of each year of the contract (look at the cars in the training ground to notice the best signing on fees in October)

Salary is paid monthly with a huge sum taken off them in pension contribution (some may say to avoid tax) I'd suggest for their 50 years of retirement.

Loyalty payments written into contracts are worth it in some cases ***** to survive after not making the grade at a club. Take ********* and O'******** I think it was at Sheffield Wednesday. They were signed by Danny Wilson but both failed to make the grad and neith

Galant
08-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Dicko is on £9750 per week at Wigan. Pontification is pointless - facts are what matter.

Snowball
09-01-2014, 09:43 AM
My sauces (chiefly the Birmingham Mail) tell me that Wolves have tabled a 500k bid for Dicko.

He must have really impressed Kenny Jackett when we played them recently. Don't think he was too successful in his loan spell there last season.

Looks like we've been priced out of the market with this one (not surprisingly). Let's hope Stevie has other irons in his fire...

Donald_Valley
09-01-2014, 10:07 AM
My sauces (chiefly the Birmingham Mail) tell me that Wolves have tabled a 500k bid for Dicko.

He must have really impressed Kenny Jackett when we played them recently. Don't think he was too successful in his loan spell there last season.

Looks like we've been priced out of the market with this one (not surprisingly). Let's hope Stevie has other irons in his fire...

Your HPs are letting you down

Snowball
09-01-2014, 10:14 AM

Your HPs are letting you down[/quote]

I'm confident that there's a dollop of truth to this one...

dusty_miller
09-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Who's to say D1cko won't come back on loan for the season end and then negotiate a contract with RUFC? Although I would assume that won't happen as his agent will bum up his value and want his fee.
I would be pleased with a deal like that but it's not a perfect world, it's a fecking greedy one.

ps

Prove me wrong Nouha lad

Bradmiller
10-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Jonathan Veal reporting on Twitter that Wigan have received a third bid for dicko

Bradmiller
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Looking what another Wigan journo has put it seems only one of the bids is a concrete one

vespabri
10-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Hopefully its us!!

deano_83
10-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Ourselves, Brizzle and probably now Bradford sneaking a bid in.

As posted on other threads our bid was accepted yesterday, it's going to turn into a war of the bidders now though and the wage packages offered to the player and agent.

vespabri
10-01-2014, 03:20 PM
If it is goig to turn into a bidding war then i fear Bradford will win the war due to the fact Wells has signed for Huddersfield..hope not though.
Lets pray Hithcock turns out great incase we miss out on Dicko.

LiberalFan
10-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Bradford just signed Aaron Mclean decent.. So I hope they have pulled out of Dicko signing

Flicker1
10-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Facts on this board are what people make up. I can't believe a fringe player for Wigan is on over 500,000 per year plus bonus. I was told from a rufc staff member that the Newcastle lads were on that money, understandable premier league reserve money, and perhaps Wigan 1st team. Dicko was on 4-5k.
If I'm wrong that makes wigans wage bill aroun 120,000per week+. Plus staff.
7-8 million per year! (Have you been looking on FIFA 14).

piddimiller
10-01-2014, 03:50 PM
players are on what ever the club decides to pay them. clubs fault not the players

Gainsbro_Miller
10-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Flicker, not being funny mate but how can you deduce the entire Wigan FC wage bill from one players 'estimated' wages?

TBH, considering they were in the Premier League last season and have retained some of that squad, I would guess their wage bill is considerably more than that,irrespective of what Dicko is or isn't on.

deano_83
10-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Dicko was on 4-5k.

Correct judging by what I've been told we're competing with.

GingaMilla
10-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Though, if a bid has been accepted for him then surely we are able to speak to the lad? Along with the other clubs that have theirs accepted also.

It's up to where the player wants to go and partly the agents responsibilities to get the best deal for his player.

All takes time but I am sure SE will be working hard whatever the outcome. Just be patient.

millermanic
10-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Though, if a bid has been accepted for him then surely we are able to speak to the lad? Along with the other clubs that have theirs accepted also.

It's up to where the player wants to go and partly the agents responsibilities to get the best deal for his player.

All takes time but I am sure SE will be working hard whatever the outcome. Just be patient.

If and when we get to talk to Dicko I really hope TS and SE don't leave the negotiations to Paul Douglas...

miller_Jam84
10-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I fear this dragging on to next week will make it harder to get him. Reckon other clubs will see what we've had accepted and think that's cheap. I can't take it want it sorted one way or another today :-(

C_Millers
10-01-2014, 04:33 PM
What will be will be

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Ye there's no point in worrying about it, sounds like we have a chance and we're doing our damndest to get him which is nice.

gm_gm
10-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Why should anyone worry?

Pistolpete
10-01-2014, 05:06 PM
I may be a romancer but his twitter home page is him in the red and white of the millers, he clearly loved it here and barring any huge pay offers I think he will once again wear the red and white. CMON DICKO as Del Boy would say 'YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE'

caytonmiller
10-01-2014, 05:16 PM
after being shipped out to various clubs or playing in reserve games throughout his spell in the uk. im sure being happy and getting first team football would come higher up his agenda.
we will pay a fair wage for league one and he will take it or leave it...
if he decides were the one he will sign.
if not we move on wards and upwards...

do i want him to sign? fek yeah...
do i want him to sign at any cost? fek no :)

DavidEdinburgh
10-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Please YES :D :D :D