PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't believe my ears today...

Turnbull_Hutton
07-01-2014, 06:48 PM
when I heard this.

That's right, a murder sentence was reduced because "cultural factors" were not taken into account!

What sort of country is this becoming? - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-25637764)

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 06:54 PM
The country that Mook wants.

He'll be on in a minute to tell us that anybody who commits murder should be locked up regardless of race, colour, blah blah blah :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Mook1
07-01-2014, 06:57 PM
As far as I'm concerned it was wrong to reduce the sentence on 'cultural grounds', it's not like they'd just gotten off the plane. Not the country that I want at all, it's farcical.

Apologies AJ that this doesn't fit in with your agenda.

Turnbull_Hutton
07-01-2014, 07:03 PM
As far as I'm concerned it was wrong to reduce the sentence on 'cultural grounds', it's not like they'd just gotten off the plane. Not the country that I want at all, it's farcical.

It shouldn't matter whether they had just got off the plane or not - being from a certain part of the world should have no bearing on the sentence, full stop.

Mook1
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM

It shouldn't matter whether they had just got off the plane or not - being from a certain part of the world should have no bearing on the sentence, full stop.[/quote]

Fair point, I meant you could maybe see the logic in it if they'd only been here 5 minutes but as it is, there is no logic at all.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Seems to be a growing number of Tims on here showing intolerance towards other cultures, especially ones immigrating to Britain.

The sheer hypocrisy of it is, if nothing else, amusing.

If anything, it demonstrates that these religions stuck in the Dark Ages need to be treated with the contempt they deserve (not the people, the religions). I include the Roman Catholic Church, which is one of the most diabolical institutions to exist in the world today.

The sooner we discard all this cr@p and learn that morality should come from human decency, the better.

ricos_beard
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Befor you all go a bit daily mail, the minimum term was reduced and I would hardly say it was a massive reduction.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Seems to be a growing number of Tims on here showing intolerance towards other cultures, especially ones immigrating to Britain.

The sheer hypocrisy of it is, if nothing else, amusing.

If anything, it demonstrates that these religions stuck in the Dark Ages need to be treated with the contempt they deserve (not the people, the religions). I include the Roman Catholic Church, which is one of the most diabolical institutions to exist in the world today.

The sooner we discard all this cr@p and learn that morality should come from human decency, the better.

Whats this story got to do with religion ? and whatever you have against the catholic church which I cant see anything listed in this story you could quite easily have the same against the british states history over the years or any countrys governments over the years

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Befor you all go a bit daily mail, the minimum term was reduced and I would hardly say it was a massive reduction.

Well done on completely missing the point.

mitherzundhand
07-01-2014, 07:32 PM
If they murderers were cultural background of the Orange Order they would have got their sentences increased.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Whats this story got to do with religion ?

Are you suggesting arranged marriages have nothing to do with religion?

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 07:37 PM
If they murderers were cultural background of the Orange Order they would have got their sentences increased.

Ffs...H*nbelievable.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM

But they weren't, so shut up.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Whats this story got to do with religion ?

Are you suggesting arranged marriages have nothing to do with religion?[/quote]

arranged marriages are probably more a cultural thing but religion may play a part

mitherzundhand
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM

Ffs...H*nbelievable.[/quote]

Stuck for words are you? >:)

Taintedice
07-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Mook gets offended if you say anything about Muslims, yet nowhere to be seen when his halfwit brother is spewing his bigotry everywhere. The only conclusion is that he's also a bigot, which most people knew anyway.

Disgusting pair.

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Mook gets offended if you say anything about Muslims, yet nowhere to be seen when his halfwit brother is spewing his bigotry everywhere. The only conclusion is that he's also a bigot, which most people knew anyway.

Disgusting pair.

I couldn't have described that pair of bellends any better...great post.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Arranged marriage is only really practised by Hindus and Muslims. Seems to be a cultural and religious thing.

Either way, it's absolutely bonkers and as I said 'Dark Ages'.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Arranged marriage is only really practised by Hindus and Muslims. Seems to be a cultural and religious thing.

Either way, it's absolutely bonkers and as I said 'Dark Ages'.

Theres a theory it was quite often caused by poverty, and was a way to survive which is why it died out in the west

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Seems a fairly sound theory. However, these cultures - who are relatively well off here - still choose to practise it in the UK.

The authorities should take a dim view of it, instead of turning a blind eye.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Seems a fairly sound theory. However, these cultures - who are relatively well off here - still choose to practise it in the UK.

The authorities should take a dim view of it, instead of turning a blind eye.

The Royals were doing it until quite recently which would have been based on power I guess, takes time I guess to change what becomes a tradition

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Royalty is also a remnant of the past which we would do well to discard, in my opinion.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
I dont care what people believe in or are a part of, its how they act as an individual i think is all that matters

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 07:55 PM

But they weren't, so shut up.[/quote]

So with all this "religiously aggravated" stuff getting you an increased sentence. :? Why is this not a case of a religiously aggravated murder? :? :? :?

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 07:57 PM

So with all this "religiously aggravated" stuff getting you an increased sentence. :? Why is this not a case of a religiously aggravated murder? :? :? :?[/quote]

Because in this phucked up Hell hole that we live in we are sh1t scared to offend muslims and *****foot around them at every opportunity.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 07:58 PM
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, quite often people act in a certain way because of what they believe in. As I said above, I am having a go at the organised religions themselves, not the people who participate in organised religion.

Hopefully education will see it off in time.

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 07:59 PM

So with all this "religiously aggravated" stuff getting you an increased sentence. :? Why is this not a case of a religiously aggravated murder? :? :? :?[/quote]

Because in this phucked up Hell hole that we live in we are sh1t scared to offend muslims and *****foot around them at every opportunity.[/quote]

Pity they don't *****foot about Ulster Loyalists then ? ;D

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 08:01 PM
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, quite often people act in a certain way because of what they believe in. As I said above, I am having a go at the organised religions themselves, not the people who participate in organised religion.

Hopefully education will see it off in time.

you could also say people act in a certain way against people because of a perceived grouping they belong too, I like difference as it would be a boring place if everyone was same

if we are to do away with organised religion , then organised politics and nationality also should go

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 08:03 PM

You could find yourself in the Salmond Ministry of Love for that :s

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 08:04 PM
I also agree about difference being a good thing.

People should respect one another, no matter their beliefs. Unfortunately, humans have shown they can't be trusted to do this. Religion is based on fear and ignorance whereas nationality (based on your birthplace and ancestry) and politics (which is required to avoid chaos) are not.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM

People should respect one another, no matter their beliefs. Unfortunately, humans have shown they can't be trusted to do this. Religion is based on fear and ignorance whereas nationality (based on your birthplace and ancestry) and politics (which is required to avoid chaos) are not.

I,m not so sure about that I think Religion,Politics and Nationality on the big scale all comes down to the same thing and thats power in the end, its just power evolved. It all goes back to that first tribe splitting in 2. If anything we maybe need to evolve past it all. Its all made up and theres nothing wrong with that as we have to justify our existence somehow.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
We're all from Africa anyway. :D

Personally, I think religion just hinders humankind, whereas politics can be beneficial. The nationality thing is open to argument but I think our national differences are a good thing.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 08:14 PM

Because in this phucked up Hell hole that we live in we are sh1t scared to offend muslims and *****foot around them at every opportunity.[/quote]

Pity they don't *****foot about Ulster Loyalists then ? ;D[/quote]

I don't pay much attention to them. And they don't try and blow me up.

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Well there are plenty of British people whose nationality is not based upon their "birthplace and ancestry" hence more people in these islands rightfully see themselves as Scottish, English, Irish or Welsh...any old ****rel can be British these days as they give out citizenships like confetti!

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Here's Poguey the anti-immigration Celtic fan.

You couldnae make this clown up. XD

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 08:17 PM

Personally, I think religion just hinders humankind, whereas politics can be beneficial. The nationality thing is open to argument but I think our national differences are a good thing.

Politics has as much bad as religion has and religion has as much good as politics has when you weigh it all up same with nationality

as I say its all made up the whole lot

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM

You're basing the entire Celtic supports view on that of the odious Green Brigade. There's tims from Lands End to John O'Groats who will have the same feelings as Pogue.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
07-01-2014, 08:22 PM

"We're all from Africa anyway" :D

Some of us even shop there for a wife. :D

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 08:23 PM

You seem to have a problem with a Celtic fan having severe concerns about the huge immigration problem...you and your ilk are so steeped in trying to be super prods/Brits/anti-Catholic that you miss the bigger picture...as for clowns you take the biscuit on that one on a daily basis.

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
I think england is massively overcrowded now, and it makes no sense to have let it get so crowded in such a short space of time

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Well there are plenty of British people whose nationality is not based upon their "birthplace and ancestry" hence more people in these islands rightfully see themselves as Scottish, English, Irish or Welsh...any old ****rel can be British these days as they give out citizenships like confetti![/quote]

"ny old ****rel can be British these days as they give out citizenships like confetti!"

There's this Nick Griffin chap, you and him would hit it off just fine. You might meet him at Parkhead someday when he's taking in one of his beloved Celtic'

JimmyHaze
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM

Well there are plenty of British people whose nationality is not based upon their "birthplace and ancestry" hence more people in these islands rightfully see themselves as Scottish, English, Irish or Welsh...any old ****rel can be British these days as they give out citizenships like confetti![/quote]

"ny old ****rel can be British these days as they give out citizenships like confetti!"

There's this Nick Griffin chap, you and him would hit it off just fine. You might meet him at Parkh

Taintedice
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM

The authorities should take a dim view of it, instead of turning a blind eye.It's only your friendly, peace-loving muslims who still engage in forced marriages, the real peace-lovers, the hindus, do not.

EastStand_Elite
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM

The authorities should take a dim view of it, instead of turning a blind eye.It's only your friendly, peace-loving muslims who still engage in forced marriages, the real peace-lovers, the hindus, do not.[/quote]

Correct, only a knob like woland would argue that.

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
You are no the brightest Walter but if you are happy with the mass immigration in to the country and easiness in gaining British Citizenship then that's your prerogative.

As for Nick Griffin its more likely that you will find his supporters leafleting outside Ipox than Celtic Park.

I would reiterate you are no the brightest wee Bear in the woods!!!

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I think england is massively overcrowded now, and it makes no sense to have let it get so crowded in such a short space of time

"Overcrowded" is an under-statement Jimmy and the South Of England has huge problems.

Taintedice
07-01-2014, 08:39 PM
daft walter would be better asking his 'dame' to slip into some racy nightwear and be off with himself, like last night :s

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Or The Hindustan Times...

Some of you Dundonian morons really know how to make yourselves look stupid, continually.

"An opinion poll of 15,000 people, carried out in January by Delhi's Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, found that 70% of Indians thought parents should have the final say in marriage. Less than a third of young people said it was OK to "date"."

XD - view external link (http://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/***andrelationships/modern-india-still-prefer-arranged-marriages/article1-214562.aspx)

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 09:00 PM
You are no the brightest Walter but if you are happy with the mass immigration in to the country and easiness in gaining British Citizenship then that's your prerogative.

As for Nick Griffin its more likely that you will find his supporters leafleting outside Ipox than Celtic Park.

I may not be the brightest wee bear in the woods, but I'm smart enough to know that "mass migration" in Britain today is a myth. Worse than that, an evil xenophobic myth spread by the vile bigoted rags that pollute our public spaces. The kind of rags that hit us with headlines about "28 million Romanians and Bulgarians are now free to descend on Britain" (I paraphrase). They are right enough, they add together the populations of the two countries, so in one sense they are right. But they don't print "60 million Britons now free to emigrate to Romania or Bulgaria"

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 09:01 PM

There's this Nick Griffin chap, you and him would hi

Sir_Walter_Timslayer
07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
daft walter would be better asking his 'dame' to slip into some racy nightwear and be off with himself, like last night :s

And did you get your end away last night mate? ;D

EastStand_Elite
07-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Some of you Dundonian morons really know how to make yourselves look stupid, continually.

"An opinion poll of 15,000 people, carried out in January by Delhi's Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, found that 70% of Indians thought parents should have the final say in marriage. Less than a third of young people said it was OK to "date"."

XD[/quote]why are you telling me? I couldn't give less of a phuck :?

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 09:14 PM
You stuck your ill-informed, moronic nose in anyway.

:? XD

EastStand_Elite
07-01-2014, 09:16 PM
You stuck your ill-informed, moronic nose in anyway.

:? XD

To try and get a bite from you, guess what the outcome was?

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 09:18 PM
The outcome was you look like an ill-informed moron.

:)

EastStand_Elite
07-01-2014, 09:30 PM
The outcome was you look like an ill-informed moron.

:)

Okay, I'll let other posters make up their own minds :)

Poguemahone
07-01-2014, 09:37 PM

I may not be the brightest wee bear in the woods, but I'm smart enough to know that "mass migration" in Britain today is a myth. Worse than that, an evil xenophobic myth spread by the vile bigoted rags that pollute our public spaces. The kind of rags that hit us with headlines about "28 million Romanians and Bulgarians are now free to descend on Britain" (I paraphrase). They are right enough, they add together the populations of the two countries, so in one sense they are right. But they don't print "60 million Britons now fr

Taintedice
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM

XD[/quote]This post completely destroys your ignorant ramblings on arranged marriage :s

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Aye ok Walter its all "an evil xenophobic myth" and there is no problem with immigration in England's Green And Pleasant Land...we all live happily together in a lovely mix of cultures and endorse our 'Britishness'...you are too smart for me!

P&O Time for Poguey, unless he's a hypocrite. :D

Taintedice
07-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Woland, yer a bigot, why not just keep your posts in line with that.

happytim
07-01-2014, 11:05 PM
back to the op,s point.

why get the sentence reduced for cultural reasons.

they were tried and found guilty in a british court. if they want to be tried and convicted on cultural grounds ie sharia law, them maybe thier sentence would be a lot more serious than just a jail term.

the hypocrisy of some muslims and the soft touch of our government are a joke.

this government or previous ones dont have control over our borders or even laws.

EastStand_Elite
07-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Personally I think the woman nearly never got caught as she was watching the detectives, it's so cute. :D

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 11:13 PM
this government or previous ones dont have control over our borders or even laws.

Vote UKIP. XD

happytim
07-01-2014, 11:26 PM
point is woland this country is letting in criminals from romania and bulgaria and has done for a long time.

isnt a government meant to protect its people.

the uk isnt big enough to ahave a free for all, and not as if anyone wants to fek off to bulgaria to even the numbers up.

BertrandRussell
07-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Do you have figures or facts to back up your claim about criminals from Romania and Bulgaria coming into the UK?

happytim
07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
the police have facts woland and have quoted them to the media.

Taintedice
07-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Do you have figures or facts to back up your claim about criminals from Romania and Bulgaria coming into the UK?This is more embarrassing than mook's '99%' nonsense.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
08-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Just saw his pic. He owned a kebab shop in Kilbirnie.

Turnbull_Hutton
08-01-2014, 11:17 AM

I'm originally from Kilbirnie mate B)

Still live pretty close B)

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
08-01-2014, 11:20 AM

Still live pretty close B)[/quote]

Fudston, Milton or Garden City area?

BertrandRussell
08-01-2014, 12:21 PM

I'm still waiting.

Turnbull_Hutton
08-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Fudston, Milton or Garden City area?[/quote]

Fudstone then Milton. Do you drink in Ram Jams? :D

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
08-01-2014, 12:33 PM

Fudstone then Milton. Do you drink in Ram Jams? :D[/quote]

Yip, that's the last pub left in the toon. And you took the same path as me, Fudstone then Milton :D

If you're in your 40s you will know me. :s

Turnbull_Hutton
08-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Yip, that's the last pub left in the toon. And you took the same path as me, Fudstone then Milton :D

If you're in your 40s you will know me. :s[/quote]

I have still been known to have the odd pint in the Glendale when passing.

I moved out the town 10 years ago. I'm 33 but might still know you.

Taintedice
08-01-2014, 12:44 PM

I'm still waiting.[/quote]Wait till they hit Clerrie ffs, you won't be so smug then.

"Up to one in three Romanian migrants have been arrested" :/

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
08-01-2014, 12:49 PM

I moved out the town 10 years ago. I'm 33 but might still know you.[/quote]

You don't stay in the Gourock/Greenock by any chance do you?

And the Glendale is the cheapest pub in Glengarnock, accor

Turnbull_Hutton
08-01-2014, 12:57 PM

You don't stay in the Gourock/Greenock by any chance do you?

And

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
08-01-2014, 01:10 PM

You don't sta