PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff - The very real 6 pointer

BlackDiamond
09-01-2014, 09:08 PM
And this time it really is. Should Cardiff win they will move 6 points clear. Should Fulham beat Sunderland the gap to Fulham increases to 7.These results would leave Norwich away at Everton 5 points ahead.

Of course, most of the peeps who post on here are expecting a West Ham win,right ? Well I for one, do not share your steadfast confidence. Nor am I rallied by Sam's "You either come out fighting or you sink and die. I come out fighting as a manager and my staff and players are the same."

Really,well I saw no evidence of "fighting" in last nights performance. And the memory of Toure, jogging with ball from the half way line into the box and firing the ball into our net, without one of the five West Ham players
even offering any kind of challenge,kind of refutes Sam's words.

There is a general consensus from,ex-players,managers, that losing 5-0,6-0 reduces a teams confidence and who would argue with that ?

Most of the offered opinions have suggested that the only solution, is to r

Whiskyman
09-01-2014, 09:50 PM
I think anyone, whether they post on here or not, who "expects a win" must be seriously deluded.

It's gone past that imo. There was a complete lack of effort and fight, not just ability, last night.

I can't see where the next point is coming from tbh. Once the fight and spirit goes there's nothing left.

terrya1965
09-01-2014, 10:14 PM
The players are not playing for the manager.When that happens,its GOOD BYE.Whether it is wrong or right,it happens all the time in football.

I don`t know what kind of specs G & S wear,but they are not the same has the West Ham fans or tbh anyone else.This is one ridiculous and ludicrous situation that I cannot understand how the manager still has job?:?

connelljj
09-01-2014, 10:18 PM
if we win we will get 3
pts,a draw 1pt.if we lose sam will say we must move on to the newcastle game as the players are tired.and nolan will be back to his best.

happyhammer4eva
09-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Whats a 6 pointer?

BlackDiamond
09-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Whats a 6 pointer?

Well this is quite easy to explain,so let me help you out.

If Cardiff win they move 6 points away from west Ham. If on the other hand West Ham win (and I hope they do :heart: ) then WE get the 3 points,Cardiff get 0 points and we are level on points.

Do you kind of follow it now, as in the confusing issue surrounding arithmetic and the awarding of points ? I know it's confusing and I've only recently understood this infuriating reward system myself !

mikeveep
09-01-2014, 11:01 PM
It is difficult to imagine the team without at least one of our Centre backs having an earthly chance of a point.

It has gone beyond the Manager now...although I do believe he told them not to risk life and limb last night, well I hope he did !

The physicians play a more important part now.