PDA

View Full Version : an interesting view

dagenhamJohn
10-01-2014, 06:16 PM
from outside of things..

The West Ham fans are calling for Sam Allardyce to be axed, but he's been in this situation before and has got some big, broad shoulders on him. However, I can't remember ever seeing them quite so slumped as they are at the moment.

If you look at the statistics, they've conceded 22 goals in six games and they've lost 5-0 and 6-0 in their last two matches against Nottingham Forest and Manchester City.

The constant cry from everybody involved with the club is 'look at our injury list' - but I think they've become blinded by that. The truth of the matter is, yes, they have a bad injury list - but even with most of those players fit the squad is not good enough.

Manchester City v West Ham

I look back at when they lost at home to Stoke in August. On that day James Collins and Winston Reid both played and James Tomkins was on the bench but they lost at home. It was a similar story at home to Everton in September. Even with their best players out playing they wer

trev2006
10-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Like i said in onther post there is not enough quality in our squad.We have relied on players who's better days are behind them or other players that are championship material thats why we are in the position we are in now.We have no ball player in our squad who can create chances for our strikers that should of been our priority at the start of the season not onother winger.Even with a full 1st team we are still weak thats why we did not pick up results at the start of the season.We can say the carroll injury has put us in this postion but if he was playing i don't think we would be much better off.

NauticalNightmare
10-01-2014, 06:57 PM
I think our squads good enough. Player for player I would still prefer our squad to the likes of Hull or Southampton. Difference being their managers set their teams up right and play some nice stuff.
Baffling formations with players playing out of position and worse tactics are all Allardyce's doing.
It's now got to a point where the players ain't interested in playing for him.
I'm not buying this we can't afford to get rid of him either. Dildo twins are supposedly shrewd businessmen, well find the money and get rid of the fat lump asap.

dagenhamJohn
10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
well find the money and get rid of the fat lump asap.they won't and you know it.

rednekst
10-01-2014, 07:32 PM
He has to go, even just to lift the players - they don't seem to want to play for him anymore.

I appreciate that there is not much out there and Mackey would really be a like for like therefore, give it to Carr and Henderson till the end of the season - put some WH passion back into the club.

If it cost £4m to get rid of BFS then that is £4m well spent, it's either that or lose x amount of millions once in the championship !!!

Surely the owners can see the bigger picture ????

NauticalNightmare
10-01-2014, 08:04 PM
well find the money and get rid of the fat lump asap.they won't and you know it.[/quote] Which makes our situation even harder to take because they could do it and they should do it.

newmarket
10-01-2014, 08:24 PM
well find the money and get rid of the fat lump asap.they won't and you know it.[/quote]

Yeah like they didnt with grant and look what happened there ...

sherwoodmag
11-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Newcastle fan here,I don't know any of our fans that regret getting rid of Sam,people tend to forget that we went down the following season because of Keegan leaving,nothing to do with Sam getting sacked.

Sam played the worst football I have ever seen at SJP and actually sent a defensive team to Pride Park where Derby got their only win of the season against SAMs team.

He got away with his style at Bolton because Kevin Davies and Nolan stayed fit and the long ball worked well with Davies bullying opposition defenders.

Sam does not have a plan B, he also talks a good fight with his modern approach to fitness but he had a lot of injuries at our place and as Roy Keane said last week,how come Sam with all his fitness entourage has so many injuries.Best of luck for the rest of the season after our game.

Passtheball
11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
The most disappointing thing about our squad is the lack of youth and genuine quality. The development squad are doing well in their league so we should start replacing the likes of Matt Taylor Joey O brine with these younger players who could have some genuine quality about them. What we don't need though is BFS coaching these kids in fact I would not let him even talk to them , he's style of management and football would ruin any would be talent they might have.

Is it a coincidence that any players we want to sign(and this has been going on for a couple of years) seem to talk to BFS and then don't sign! And Who can blame then

castiron
11-01-2014, 12:31 PM
The most disappointing thing about our squad is the lack of youth and genuine quality. The development squad are doing well in their league so we should start replacing the likes of Matt Taylor Joey O brine with these younger players who could have some genuine quality about them. What we don't need though is BFS coaching these kids in fact I would not let him even talk to them , he's style of management and football would ruin any would be talent they might have.

Is it a coincidence that any players we want to sign(and this has been going on for a couple of years) seem to talk to BFS and then don't sign! And Who can blame then
These so called brilliant kids played at Forest. Not one stood out for me.

mikeveep
11-01-2014, 12:46 PM
He is wrong about the defense.

With all available it is well up to mid table quality.

Sure we lost to Stoke. Dodgy pen wasnt it?

Lack of a creative midfield...he is right about that. You forget about the occasional goal being conceded when there are a few being scored the other end.

Passtheball
11-01-2014, 02:06 PM
The best three didn't play against Forest and I said don't let BFS anywhere near them.