PDA

View Full Version : O/T Nobbers heading for The Black Country...

in69
10-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Long time no post...hope all's well.

May the best team win.

Feel free to join in tomorrow... - view external link (//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE)

wolves71
10-01-2014, 07:40 PM
All the best for remainder of season, but not tomorrow, a big away following for you, should be a good atmosphere. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE)

in69
10-01-2014, 07:44 PM
All the best for remainder of season, but not tomorrow, a big away following for you, should be a good atmosphere.

Yep...all tickets sold earlier this week 3,500. Should make for a good game.

wolves71
10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
All the best for remainder of season, but not tomorrow, a big away following for you, should be a good atmosphere.

Yep...all tickets sold earlier this week 3,500. Should make for a good game.[/quote]

Yes it should, are you or pnethor making your way down?

in69
10-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm working tomorrow morning so didn't get a ticket...unsure what is happening in Thor-world at present.

Discussions on the PNE board about boozers before the game...they seem to think that the only option is the Aussie themed bar...could be very crowded.

wolves71
10-01-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm working tomorrow morning so didn't get a ticket...unsure what is happening in Thor-world at present.

Discussions on the PNE board about boozers before the game...they seem to think that the only option is the Aussie themed bar...could be very crowded.

The one you're on about is called "Walkabout", there's also the bluebrick that some off here use.

The BLUE BRICK pub is attached to the Wolverhampton Premier Inn and is situated just behind Wolverhampton Low Level Station. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/bvd42am)

Evewolf65
10-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Long time no post...hope all's well.

May the best team win.

Feel free to join in tomorrow...

We will be offering ours with the usual change of Lyrics...link below!
The Stile on Fawdry Street will let Lads in as long as they're not wearing colours. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KEhWTnWvE)

gardsPNE
10-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Really looking forward to the game and got a couple of tickets. I bet its going to be close on 28,000 again which is fantastic support for Div 1. Good luck for the season to you as we have in the past had some cracking games with plenty of friendly banter but obviously with exception to tomorrow. ;D

greystone16
11-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Nice to see another proper old football club coming back to life instead of the plastic ones run by men with unpronounceables!!
I remember the Finney days, by we had some cracking matches in the fifties,despite you going down for a couple of seasons,then in 1952/53 you came joint top with Arsenal and just lost the title by goal difference and we were third.Happy days.

WOODLANDSWOLF
11-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Nice to see another proper old football club coming back to life instead of the plastic ones run by men with unpronounceables!!
I remember the Finney days, by we had some cracking matches in the fifties,despite you going down for a couple of seasons,then in 1952/53 you came joint top with Arsenal and just lost the title by goal difference and we were third.Happy days.

I'll drink to that. Before I went up for that season opener the only other game I remember against them was 1961 at their place, we won 2-1. Great day out.

gardsPNE
12-01-2014, 10:23 AM
It is great to see 2 old clubs on a mini revival and the most enjoyable game I remember was the 3-3 at Deepdale when you were top of the league and we had guaranteed the play-offs (same league) and it was the last game of the season. Great occasion and entertaining football on the pitch. Before the game I went into the local Sumners pub which is usually full of North End to be met by approx 400 Wolves fans. They all cheered and said its about time a North Ender got in th pub and was promptly bought a drink ;D