PDA

View Full Version : How has he...

castiron
11-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Come to pick that team today? I can't reply on the match thread for whatever reason >:( , but did he draw straws for places? First blood to Cardiff :/

mrbubbles
11-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Come to pick that team today? I can't reply on the match thread for whatever reason >:( , but did he draw straws for places? First blood to Cardiff :/

the man is in a bubble mate j cole sub ffs.

castiron
11-01-2014, 02:48 PM

the man is in a bubble mate j cole sub ffs.[/quote]
Actually mate, i think Joe has been awful of late...oh hold on :blue:

Ironworks1
11-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Joe Cole has been awful - he's lucky to make the bench.

Diame a better option as an impact player arguably.

Where's Morrison? :blue:

Two wingers away from home - fairly attacking then. Let's wait and see before getting on anyone's back.

dagenhamJohn
11-01-2014, 02:55 PM

Two wingers away from home - fairly attacking then. Let's wait and see before getting on anyone's back.Taylor should be favourite there!

much preferred Diame.

castiron
11-01-2014, 02:55 PM

Two wingers away from home - fairly attacking then. Let's wait and see before getting on anyone's back.
Suppose so.

castiron
11-01-2014, 04:02 PM
what do I know eh

SuperIrons
11-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Important we don't drink our usual daze-inducing cuppa at half-time and come out playing like zombies.

Ironworks1
11-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Well that has to be a bit embarrassing for you :D

castiron
11-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Well that has to be a bit embarrassing for you :D
I didn't think that team would win a netball match mate. Fair play to all concerned, and I am more than happy to eat humble pie B)

SuperIrons
11-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Lets keep things in perspective here.

We did very well to win Away from Home and those 3 points have lifted us out of the relegation places.

However, we were up against the bottom placed team whom we had already beaten twice this season in various competitions.

We will face much stiffer tests in forthcoming games and will have to play 3 of them without thicko Tomkins who has gone and done a Nolan on his return to our defence.

SuperIrons
11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Crucial Home games versus the barcodes and the taffies with Chelski Away in between still to play this month. All without Tomkins and with Collins still not recovered and Demel likley to be out for at least a month with a dislocated elbow.

castiron
11-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Sunderland were bottom mate.

kirkup
11-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Maybe so then again some want Malky FFS.

Tomkins 2 yellows so only one game, unless he's been sent off before, honestly can't remember.

bonzosbest74
11-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm sure it was a result of the stress Tomkins has been under, he's been in court this week, a custodial sentence awaits if found guilty so it's no surprise his decision making is a bit sh1t.

I don't think anyone will get carried away but it's nice to be out of the bottom three, we have half a chance if Carroll stays fit and we can play two centre backs.

JimmyV66
11-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Cardiff were not the bottom placed team. They sat 17th in the table before the game started.

JimmyV66
11-01-2014, 05:16 PM

Tomkins 2 yellows so only one game, unless he's been sent off before, honestly can't remember.

First red of the season so will be 1 game.

Tad unlucky with the red, have to see it again but i think he won the ball for the first booking.

kirkup
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Cardiff were not the bottom placed team. They sat 17th in the table before the game started.

You don't expect poor old Amer to remember things like that surely ;D

castiron
11-01-2014, 05:21 PM

First red of the season so will be 1 game.

Tad unlucky with the red, have to see it again but i think he won the ball for the first booking.[/quote]
It's a fine line, we were moaning because no one was tackling the other day.

SuperIrons
11-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Fair enough Cardiff were 17th but we had already beaten them twice.

Don't get me wrong.

Terrific to come away with 3 points from their manor but it is still a long way to go for us and we need to sort out our defensive formation sharpish.

Good to hear Tomkins is only out for ONE game but he was still very reckless to make that kind of challenge and get sent off.

JimmyV66
11-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Oh defo a long way to go and today is only a very small step. BUT..

Lets just enjoy the fact we finally won a must win game. We won away. Carroll is finally back and C Cole has scored another to keep his recent good run going.

SuperIrons
11-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Agree with that.