PDA

View Full Version : Todays game

JimmyV66
11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Some notes from todays game v Cardiff.

1) Adrian MOTM by a mile.
2) Another well taken goal for Cole, he is earning that new contract. 4 goals now in his return.
3) Fair play to Taylor, he played well
4) Carroll back and had some nice touches and an assist
5) A rare goal from open play for Noble
6) Players showed a lof of pride and passion. Great stuff
7) Yet another injury, had much bad luck can one team keep having. Get well soon Demel
8) Tomkins silly red but dont think he should have picked the first booking up so a tad unlucky
9) Goal Technology again proving a sucess
10) Trevor Francis is an utter utter (unt

Thames_Irons
11-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Some notes from todays game v Cardiff.

1) Adrian MOTM by a mile.
2) Another well taken goal for Cole, he is earning that new contract. 4 goals now in his return.
3) Fair play to Taylor, he played well
4) Carroll back and had some nice touches and an assist
5) A rare goal from open play for Noble
6) Players showed a lof of pride and passion. Great stuff
7) Yet another injury, had much bad luck can one team keep having. Get well soon Demel
8) Tomkins silly red but dont think he should have picked the first booking up so a tad unlucky
9) Goal Technology again proving a sucess
10) Trevor Francis is an utter utter (unt

No.10 XD XD

kirkup
11-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Defo No. 10, soppy sod thought everything was either a yellow/red or a penalty.

JimmyV66
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Trevor Francis still believed the ball was over the line even despite the goal line technology and replays showing it clearly landed on the line.

But even with that everything else that man ever says makes him look like the prize pr1ck that he is. XD

JimmyV66
11-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Can i add a few more notes btw..

11) Our away fans again, top class
12) Sheffield United lost. always puts a smile on my face.

SuperIrons
11-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Trevor Francis still believed the ball was over the line even despite the goal line technology and replays showing it clearly landed on the line.

But even with that everything else that man ever says makes him look like the prize pr1ck that he is. XD

What exactly is Francis' beef with West Ham?

He always seems to be on the lookout to slag us off.

OZHAMMER
11-01-2014, 05:47 PM
12) Sheffield United lost. always puts a smile on my face.

and one point from relegation!! XD

oh, hang on :blue:

Ironworks1
11-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Was Tomkins not booked for serving up the linesman after he gave the free kick?

Agree about Francis - soppy c unt clearly forgot there was goal line technology and when it proved, fairly conclusively, that it wasn't a goal, he tried to cast aspersions on the technology.

I'm on the side of the technology Trevor you dozy f uck bag :D

bonzosbest74
11-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Was Tomkins not booked for serving up the linesman after he gave the free kick?

That's what I thought

dagenhamJohn
11-01-2014, 06:49 PM
10 11 and 12 for me.

WHU
12-01-2014, 08:23 AM
just seen the recording, francis says fu(k all when proven wrong

w@nker

palerider
12-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Alan Hansen highlighted captain Mark Noble's performance.

And the footage of Nolan in the tunnel after the game.

A new role for both I hope.

WHU
12-01-2014, 09:08 AM
a lot of people don't like nolan but he has a blue peter badge in team spirit

can you justify £55k a week on the man for 5 years?

absolutely not... but he probably was a big factor in out promotion and susbequent retaining of prem status

next season i'd like to see him and the manager gone with a new broom in the both areas

rednekst
12-01-2014, 09:48 AM
I watched the 'Football first on Sky' last nigh and as soon as I heard Francis voice I told my mate "here we go for a slagging off"

The clunt has ALWAYS slagged us off over the years.

Woosnam
12-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Agree with WHU. Although Nolan played an important part in the last couple of seasons, climbing out of the championship and consolidating our Premiership status, he is now clearly past his best and should not be included in the team's future plans and calculations. And of course that also goes for Allardyce.

At the time of his appointment BFS was the man for the job, that job is now done (touch wood). More generally this obsession with mere survival speaks of a management with low ambitions. We should be looking for a future of the club which is not solely about avoiding relegation in the annual scrap in the bottom half of the table. Teams clubs with fewer resources than us manage to avoid this, so we there seems no good reason why we cannot emulate this.

I am getting a little tired of all the nail-biting, and high blood-pressure stress which is the usual Saturday afternoon scenario. Is it too much to ask for a little minor success now and then? I live in hope.

WHU
12-01-2014, 01:48 PM
well put sir