PDA

View Full Version : Tomkins

OZHAMMER
11-01-2014, 06:01 PM
i probably should have waited to post this, as i will probably appear negative. i'm not, i'm grinning like an idiot :D

but, did anyone else find tomkins second yellow slightly dumb on his behalf? whether or not the first yellow was warranted, he shouldn't have been so daft to play that high foot. the player was going nowhere...

... it's even more frustrating because we've been starved of quality cb's for a few games now... we need him.

he hasn't let us down in the same vein as 'captain it'sallaboutme', but it just wasn't very bright as far as the game was concerned, and the overall scheme of things. we are down to a skeleton crew as it is...

i can't stay mad at him - still my favourite player, and really do hope he is a hammer for life :D

castiron
11-01-2014, 06:07 PM
If Campbell wasn't so short it wouldn't have been a problem >:)

bonzosbest74
11-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I said on the other thread that it must be tough for him with a prison sentence hanging over him so I'm not surprised if his judgement is not the best.

Anyway go to bed Oz, you can't have slept for 20 hours.

dagenhamJohn
11-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Anyway go to bed Oz, you can't have slept for 20 hours. alone! XD

bazwillrun
11-01-2014, 07:36 PM
thing is, would we have battled so much with eleven on the pitch ! ;D

thomas_swe
11-01-2014, 08:28 PM
thing is, would we have battled so much with eleven on the pitch ! ;D

Definaltely if our captain had been on the pitch

jon15u
11-01-2014, 08:30 PM
i probably should have waited to post this, as i will probably appear negative. i'm not, i'm grinning like an idiot :D

but, did anyone else find tomkins second yellow slightly dumb on his behalf? whether or not the first yellow was warranted, he shouldn't have been so daft to play that high foot. the player was going nowhere...

... it's even more frustrating because we've been starved of quality cb's for a few games now... we need him.

he hasn't let us down in the same vein as 'captain it'sallaboutme', but it just wasn't very bright as far as the game was concerned, and the overall scheme of things. we are down to a skeleton crew as it is...

i can't stay mad at him - still my favourite player, and really do hope he is a hammer for life :D

I can actually understand the second yellow card, you think you can get it with no harm , and in the circumstances i would have gone for it also. the first though was dumb, from behind and t

centenarylower
12-01-2014, 12:13 PM
He only had his eyes on the ball,it was a soft one if you ask me. It seemed like the ref was itching to send him off when i think they should be more inclined to try and keep all the players on the pitch!

gill1948
12-01-2014, 07:10 PM
couldn't believe he was sent off for that especially having watched what Cabaye got away with after his first booking today it seemed like the ref thought he fu**ed up with the disallowed goal and didn't want to make matters worse. Seriously no coincidence with refs today

PDGPaul
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
That's right and also the assault on Nasri, the ref was just trying to placate the home fans.
Tomkins was a shade unlucky the ref was under pressure at the time from the crowd as there had just been a few close calls which included a couple of penalty appeals.