PDA

View Full Version : In all honesty...how did we win today?

Brin
11-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm a realist and have to say we were poor all round before the goals started to fly in...

You could sense the under performance as even the crowd failed to raise a rallying cry until we scored and scored again...

Credit to Crewe as at times they simply walked through our midfield and with more luck could have also bagged 4 goals...their wing play and aerial dominance was evident as Revell failed to capitalise on many headers..of those he won Vuckic failed to make anything from them...yes I thought we looked very lethargic and unbalanced..

The biggest problem I felt was through the midfield as we were scattered all over the place this in turn pressurised our back four and Arnie in particular had a stinker...

Fast forward and we equalise from a pen (Hallelujah!) Collin pulls off a great save from their pen...we somehow finally get our tails up wake up and progress to a win...

Some may feel i'm being negative but like I say...I'm a realist and thought we were very poor in many dept'

rolymiller
11-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Yep fair comments Brin think they must be gutted they lost today. It was a bit like our Coventry match in reverse so we'll take it and hope to tighten up our defence for the next game..

18MILLERS84
11-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I think Crewe will be feeling as though they should have at least Gita point today and today and to be fair I don't think many millers would have complained at that .

BradfordFozzie
11-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Pretty much spot on Brin, it feels nice though to come away from NYS after battering teams and loosing to play like we did and win!

Here's to few more bad performances and victories.

On another note, what game was Bradley playing? He gave three free kicks away in dangerous positions and eventually got booked. The first one, he could have gone for the ball but just ran at the player and took him out?

hotun
11-01-2014, 06:46 PM
[quote="Brin"]I'm a realist and have to say we were poor all round before the goals started to fly in...

You could sense the under performance as even the crowd failed to raise a rallying cry until we scored and scored again...

Credit to Crewe as at times they simply walked through our midfield and with more luck could have also bagged 4 goals...their wing play and aerial dominance was evident as Revell failed to capitalise on many headers..of those he won Vuckic failed to make anything from them...yes I thought we looked very lethargic and unbalanced..

The biggest problem I felt was through the midfield as we were scattered all over the place this in turn pressurised our back four and Arnie in particular had a stinker...

Fast forward and we equalise from a pen (Hallelujah!) Collin pulls off a great save from their pen...we somehow finally get our tails up wake up and progress to a win...

Some may feel i'm being negative but like I say...I'm a realist a

gramiller1959
11-01-2014, 06:48 PM
ugly win but there the ones that win promotion :)

and coming from behind again :)

Brin
11-01-2014, 06:48 PM
[quote="hotun"]I'm a realist and have to say we were poor all round before the goals started to fly in...

Some may feel i'm bein

millertop
11-01-2014, 06:52 PM
I agree and at one point I was getting bored when the ref kept stopping the game. Like I've said loads before about Arnie, he should not be in defence and proved it today

shiregreenmillers
11-01-2014, 06:53 PM
The best thing about todays match were meeting corner she is beautiful :heart: :heart: love you corner..

hotun
11-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Great game for a neutral,two game changers,penalty save and substitution of Vukic to bring on Hitchcock,very promising debut.Most pleasing for me was our 3rd goal,it was a bit special.Not our best display but happy with 3 points.Frecks MOTM.

caytonmiller
11-01-2014, 06:57 PM
so millertop.. what ur saying is rowe and addison should have been the 2 CB today??

leedsmiller
11-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Collin's penalty save obviously turned the game but today we created fewer and converted a higher percentage of chances than in previous games. Crewe, on the other hand, had far the better chances but didn't convert (know the feeling well!). We never got our passing game going - but 10/10 for entertainment value. It certainly wasn't a 4 - 2 game but how many times have we been on the receiving end this season... Onwards and upwards, just wait till we sign that elusive striker!

gramiller1959
11-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Collin's penalty save obviously turned the game but today we created fewer and converted a higher percentage of chances than in previous games. Crewe, on the other hand, had far the better chances but didn't convert (know the feeling well!). We never got our passing game going - but 10/10 for entertainment value. It certainly wasn't a 4 - 2 game but how many times have we been on the receiving end this season... Onwards and upwards, just wait till we sign that elusive striker!

no it was a 4 2 game honest .. that was the final score ;D

jolly_roger
11-01-2014, 07:17 PM
The best thing about todays match were meeting corner she is beautiful :heart: :heart: love you corner..

Should have gone to Specsavers XD

Seriously though (I'm sure Corner is completely ravishing) we were pants today, disjointed, disfunctional and disturbingly looking like a poor league 2 side.

But hey let's look at the scores on the doors, as old Brucie used to say ( or was it Larry Grayson)

millertop
11-01-2014, 07:26 PM
so millertop.. what ur saying is rowe and addison should have been the 2 CB today??

I suppose I'll have to give you that one today seeing that we are short ATM :/. (not sure on Rowe due to his lack of game)

But when we have Morgan back or Davis then I'd prefer to see Arnason in midfield (if he can get in) he is just too laid back which is no good when in defence

mikemiller
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM
It was definitely like the recent match v Coventry, only with the roles reversed.

A few points...
- without Agard (Man of the match for me)we probably would have lost
- still can't understand why Frecklington DIDN'T take the penalty v Coventry
- many, many corners for the Millers in the first half, but hardly a shot/header on target(need to do much better than that)
- Arnie is an accident waiting to happen when playing in the back four
- not sure what the forwards do in training, but they kept bumping into each other/getting in each other's way
- reasonable debuts for the new players (should have brought Hitchcock on earlier- even in the short time that he was on he looked much a better player than Tubbs and Hylton)

millertop
11-01-2014, 08:09 PM
It was definitely like the recent match v Coventry, only with the roles reversed.

A few points...
- without Agard (Man of the match for me)we probably would have lost
- still can't understand why Frecklington DIDN'T take the penalty v Coventry
- many, many corners for the Millers in the first half, but hardly a shot/header on target(need to do much better than that)
- Arnie is an accident waiting to happen when playing in the back four
- not sure what the forwards do in training, but they kept bumping into each other/getting in each other's way
- reasonable debuts for the new players (should have brought Hitchcock on earlier- even in the short time that he was on he looked much a better player than Tubbs and Hylton)

Why don't they pick before game who takes penalties then 2nd option.
Yes it was a bit like calamity Janes at times ( do they talk to each other or what)
Debuts looking good.

Extra work in training for the Shrews g

dusty_miller
11-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Been a while since I came from behind, so credit where it's due :P

TMiller
11-01-2014, 10:16 PM
i think that it was a massive win today after losing a couple, it is important to win as soon as possible and its hard cos the players will have been down on confidence. but we somehow came through it :D

please don't go overboard with the arnason criticism; him and morgan have been the foundation for our good first half of the season.

addison was very dissapointing

frecks is starting to prove himself as our best player

hitchcock took a dive methinks

crewe were better man for man except our keeper was better than theirs. it would have been a cricket score if shearer had been in net!

how we could do with those two crewe wingers

totally disjointed and lethargic but the win was the most important thing and hopefully our heads will be up and we can recall nardiello, tidser and worrall and have a half decent squad again. wishful thinking :/

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
11-01-2014, 10:22 PM
We signed Hitchcock.

riccallmiller
11-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Arnason is the new, whipping boy he did ok today and did not get much help. He wont just put his foot through it so his mistakes are magnified. I thought Pringle was MOM today by a country mile. Tavs struggled against a good right winger.

TMiller
11-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Arnason is the new, whipping boy he did ok today and did not get much help. He wont just put his foot through it so his mistakes are magnified. I thought Pringle was MOM today by a country mile. Tavs struggled against a good right winger.

pringle!? never trevor

C_Millers
11-01-2014, 10:59 PM
If Evans hasn't noticed revell and vuckic can't play together then there is something wrong. Vuckic seems to much of a luxury player to me.

For a four two game it wasn't the best but we got the job done however we need signings sooner rather than later. To mount a decent attempt at promotion we need a bigger squad.

MarkThomas
11-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Our finishing from the chances we created was first rate - and that was one of the differences compared to those games where we've dominated and not scored enough. To score 4 when having to dig in is the mark of a good side.

Crewe played some really good stuff and fortunately for us missed at least 3 great chances. At 3-2 up it still felt to me like Crewe were likely to equalise. What a beautiful relief when Frecks passed number 4 into the bottom corner. He is some player.

Great win, great resilience, great penalty save.

Corner
11-01-2014, 11:20 PM

Aww that's sweet! Love you too Shire :heart: Was that your wife you were with?!

Out of interest - do you agree with Crash's description (24 & cute) or Brin's wicked witch?

Best add failing eyesight to the balding, middle-aged men description - love you too Jolly :heart:

Corner
11-01-2014, 11:21 PM
i think that it was a massive win today after losing a couple, it is important to win as soon as possible and its hard cos the players will have been down on confidence. but we somehow came through it :D

please don't go overboard with the arnason criticism; him and morgan have been the foundation for our good first half of the season.

addison was very dissapointing

frecks is starting to prove himself as our best player

hitchcock took a dive methinks

crewe were better man for man except our keeper was better than theirs. it would have been a cricket score if shearer had been in net!

how we could do with those two crewe wingers

totally disjointed and lethargic but the win was the most important thing and hopefully our heads will be up and we can recall nardiello, tidser and worrall and have a half decent squad again. wishful thinking :/

Spot on! Definitely played/dived for that penalty but it was pretty much only thing ref. g

shiregreenmillers
11-01-2014, 11:30 PM

Out of interest - do you agree with Crash's description (24 & cute) or Brin's wicked witch?

Best add failing eyesight to the balding, middle-aged men description - love you too Jolly :heart:[/quote] That's so funny corner lol No that was not my wife .It was just Sum one that was just in the pub.. I will go for 44 and cute

Corner
11-01-2014, 11:34 PM

Best add failing eyesight to the balding, middle-aged men description - love you too Jolly :heart:[/quote] That's so funny corner lol No that was not my wife .It was just Sum one that was just in the pub.. I will go for 44 and cute[/quote]

Damn! There's me thinking I looked younger than you as well! Might be needing those glasses myself soon :s

shiregreenmillers
11-01-2014, 11:41 PM

Best add failing eyesight to the balding, middle-aged men description - love you too Jolly :heart:[/quote] That's so funny corner lol No that was not my wife .It was just Sum one that was just in the pub.. I will go for 44 and cute[/quote]

Damn! There's me thinking I looked younger than you as well! Might be needing those glasses myself soon :s[/quote]. You still look fit ...;)

Heman
11-01-2014, 11:53 PM
she sure does. :-)

we won mainly because football's got not to do with 'deserve'.

same as last home game, penalty goes in then that's the final score. penalty saved and then goal conceded at other end.

BradfordFozzie
12-01-2014, 03:06 PM

That's it Shire, just play it cool mate!

Ps. A word of advice? When trying to guess a ladies age it is advised to guess in multiples of fives not twenties! Just a thought? B)

redandgreen
12-01-2014, 09:27 PM
- still can't understand why Frecklington DIDN'T take the penalty v Coventry)

Because O'Connor had scored from his previous ones.