PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham - reasons to be cheerful

AlexLeicester
11-01-2014, 07:48 PM
That scoreline seriously flattered the Millers. I have no bitterness about losing, but I thought we were at least worth a draw.

For me Inman was our MotM. He terrified their defence with options of carrying the ball forward, cutting out on the wing, or moving sweetly inside. We again (Carlisle and more before) looked a hard working side that sadly makes mistakes. 1. Byron's horrendous clearance that led to a goal; and 2. Chuks bullet header into a big, big net, that missed. Our loss of the Hitch was crucial, and he did not add much for them when he came on as a sub. We need a goal getter/poacher.

Overall I think they have nothing to be ashamed of and Rotherham deserve credit for their football.

It was great to be among near enough 500 Alex fans, but unfortunately that was the only downside. Unnecessary and acrid flares and silliness that led to some ejections (well one anyway). Then, when we went 3-2 down and the Alex team needed support, this troupe of boys left. Mind you, it was d

alexbarmy
11-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Difference was they put away their dubious penalty, we didn't. Hitchcock was a disgrace for what he did and we were cruising at 2-1up, dominating them until he took his dive.
Performed well at a play off chasing team, which can only be positive.
Never seen those idiots before-1gave some serious resistance to ejection but only made it miserable for those around him-knobhead.

crashbang
11-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Difference was they put away their dubious penalty, we didn't. Hitchcock was a disgrace for what he did and we were cruising at 2-1up, dominating them until he took his dive.
Performed well at a play off chasing team, which can only be positive.
Never seen those idiots before-1gave some serious resistance to ejection but only made it miserable for those around him-knobhead.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

shiregreenmillers
11-01-2014, 10:42 PM
[quote="AlexLeicester"]That scoreline seriously flattered the Millers. I have no bitterness about losing, but I thought we were at least worth a draw.

For me Inman was our MotM. He terrified their defence with options of carrying the ball forward, cutting out on the wing, or moving sweetly inside. We again (Carlisle and more before) looked a hard working side that sadly makes mistakes. 1. Byron's horrendous clearance that led to a goal; and 2. Chuks bullet header into a big, big net, that missed. Our loss of the Hitch was crucial, and he did not add much for them when he came on as a sub. We need a goal getter/poacher.

Overall I think they have nothing to be ashamed of and Rotherham deserve credit for their football.

It was great to be among near enough 500 Alex fans, but unfortunately that was the only downside. Unnecessary and acrid flares and silliness that led to some ejections (well one anyway). Then, when we went 3-2 down and the Alex team needed su

itwasin
11-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Difference was we had AJ and they had Hitch,i think AJ be better playing football on his i pad as it not happening on the field,no use flogging a dead horse,time is running out fast.

alexbarmy
11-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Difference was we had AJ and they had Hitch,i think AJ be better playing football on his i pad as it not happening on the field,no use flogging a dead horse,time is running out fast.

U must have missed Hitchcock's hat-trick. Truth is all he did was 'win' a penalty. Worst culprit for missing chances today was Chuks.

grestyraider7
11-01-2014, 11:01 PM
We've played a lot worse than today and lost.. a Tale of Two penalties..was theirs in the box??

As for them with the flares.. pathetic

grestyraider7
11-01-2014, 11:03 PM
a lot worse and won I should have said!!

rea65
11-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Millers fan here.
I thought Crewe played great today.
As far as your attack is concerned you must be up there with the best in league 1,but sadly the defence is a little lightweight.
No way you are going down.
I know this may be an irritating thing to say, but dont have too much of a go at your team today - i'm not sure they could have done much more - sometimes you just have to dust yourself down and move on to next week - your team is better than the league position suggests.

JastheBase
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Millers fan here.
As far as your attack is concerned you must be up there with the best in league 1,but sadly the defence is a little lightweight.
I know this may be an irritating thing to say, but dont have too much of a go at your team today - i'm not sure they could have done much more - sometimes you just have to dust yourself down and move on to next week - your team is better than the league position suggests.next week...hmmm Orient...hope the ref is more bias next week...

RabidDog
12-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Interesting for me as I only see the Alex this side of the Pennines .

In essence agree with AlexLeicester. Brad was great, not everything worked but he gave it a go.. You get the feeling that something exceptional is around the corner ! Really unlucky to come away with nothing today but if you concede 4 goals you have a problem. Toots was really good, slight question mark over the first goal but I think he was our best defender. We struggled today when the ball was pitched into the "danger zone ", Ellis did alright but his distribution was awful. I don't really have an answer here as I thought he was brilliant last year but he has not moved on. We are weak in the middle, Harry is ok but tbh he is workmanlike. AJ worked hard but he is less sharp now than I have ever seen him. He had real opportunities today but didn't take them. Thought Ben made a couple of good saves but he doesn't dominate in the way you would hope. But given Alex's record with keepers I would stick with him. Byro

stormmiller
12-01-2014, 12:21 PM
some good football from you yesterday i think too many of us thought it was going to be easy we weren't fantastic but i have seen us play much better and lose so no complaints
You didn't take your chances and paid the cost. (god how many times have i said that about us this season!)
The kids with the flares were just that kids 20 at most? they had been in the bridge before the game and had a few but we've all been there havn't we? I just feel sorry for the rest of the fans sat in it it stank!
They did however look very silly coming down main st giving it large only to be ran into the police station by two of our idiots (well i found it amusing XD )But lets give them a break we@ve all had some daft away days that we still talk of don't we?
any way all the best for the rest of the season it would be great to think we don't have to play next season and NOT because you go down! But some how i think we will be seeing each other again!

fevver_tox
12-01-2014, 01:08 PM
We've played a lot worse than today and lost.. a Tale of Two penalties..was theirs in the box??

As for them with the flares.. pathetic

Flares bloody stank,took passive smoking to a new and higher level. :(

TwiceInABlueMoon
12-01-2014, 01:46 PM
I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the smell but I was pleased to hear our away support in good voice yesterday. It came over loud and clear on the radio. Strange, as literally the other day, I mentioned in another thread how quiet our away support has been most of the season! Coincidence ey!

ALEXKNOWALL
12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Overall not too disappointed. By Ajay's recent standards his performance was very good - he did not hide and he headed the ball 3 times which must be a new personal best? We were beaten by Hitchcock's deception and the refs gullibility and mistake (it was outside the box even if there had been a foul!). Lots of good chances - particularly to Chuks - and we should score the penalty of course. We competed well and made it a match so bring on Leyton Orient!!

AlexLeicester
12-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Overall not too disappointed. By Ajay's recent standards his performance was very good - he did not hide and he headed the ball 3 times which must be a new personal best? We were beaten by Hitchcock's deception and the refs gullibility and mistake (it was outside the box even if there had been a foul!). Lots of good chances - particularly to Chuks - and we should score the penalty of course. We competed well and made it a match so bring on Leyton Orient!!

Good summation.

One thing I missed out earlier is that I would like to see Kelvin Mellor's 'Contract of Employment'. I am sure it does not state on there that he has to score a goal! X-D

Well done Kelvin. Great to see him take the chance and blast it.

PAULCAFC
12-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Good posts but as much as we're playing well we can't keep conceding all these goals, 51 now, an
average of two per game, we must tighten up in the remaining 21 games or we are going down as good as we are playing now, and the front men must put all those chances away when they come, we're missing far too many in games.

somersetcrewe
13-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Wasn't there of course but based on the two games this season, this Lee Frecklington appears to have been the difference. I notice they've also made him skipper - so he looks like their Luke Murphy. Unfortunately at the minute it doesn't look like we have one! A bigger loss than some imagined!

A word for AJ. Ok, still not scoring but is losing defenders it seems so he's getting in positions. Just needs more composure and that little bit of luck to return to the form of 2012. Just a shame the clock is ticking for him ... and fast!

AlexLeicester
13-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Rotherham had a few decent players, and Frecklington was one, but the 'difference' between the two sides was our inability to score from decent chances.

Our first should never have touched Inman's boot. AJ was clear on goal and still managed to hit a post (which rebounded to Brad who tried to put a hole in the net).
We missed a penalty, missed several half chances, and Chuks will be very disappointed when he sees the video of his diving header and the vast expanse of goal he had to aim at.

We were as good, in some areas (Byron and Brad on the wings) better, than Rotherham, but, as you rightly say, we do not now have that in-the-box, dependable striker.

For me the solution is to keep our heads up, find a scorer on loan, and maintain faith in Steve Davis, Baker and the squad. It's going to be squeaky bum time, but we are playing well enough to stay in Div 1.

riccallmiller
16-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Pringle had a good game for us and the lad on your right game Taviener his hardest game all season. A draw would have been fair i think to be honest, you were dangerous going forward. our defence were very very slow with Addison making his debut and not having played for ages,you were one of the better teams we have played this season at our place. Good luck.

fevver_tox
18-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Millers fan here.
I know this may be an irritating thing to say, but dont have too much of a go at your team today - i'm not sure they could have done much more - sometimes you just have to dust yourself down and move on to next week - your team is better than the league position suggests.next week...hmmm Orient...hope the ref is more bias next week...[/quote]

Fraid not mate :/