PDA

View Full Version : Allardyce vindicated? No way

mike64
13-01-2014, 12:32 PM
I see that the MOTD pundits (and the Grauniad reporter today) think that Saturday's West Ham result somehow vindicates Sam Allardyce's strategy. They clearly haven't been watching all those matches where our wingers (Downing, Jarvis, J Cole) beat the full back take the ball to the goal line, look up and discover there is nobody in the penalty area to pass the ball to. A strategy based on having one forward who can regularly score goals (Carroll) is basically flawed. Miaga (sadly) is not up to it. I love Carlton but history shows us that he is not suddenly going to become the 15 goal a season striker at this level (which is what we need). Both Diame and Morrison dribble with the ball, sometimes beat defenders and score (say once every 10 matches) but Diame usually loses it in a tackle and Morrison passes it to the winger having dribbled about 50 yards. Unless Carroll comes to form quickly and scores a shedload of goals, we're going down as far as I can see. The owners need to buy

hammerwell06
13-01-2014, 01:47 PM
WTF?? Another 15 mill on a striker ,when we have problems all over the field , Most importantly in Defence ??

I don't think the 2 D's are going to give sam any money , the best we can hope for is anly loan signings that want to come .(just in case we do go down).

Eggerts_Ears
13-01-2014, 01:51 PM
I disagree, I think the Cardiff results totally vindicates BFS. Winning 0-2 away at their place is not easy, especially with the squad he had at his disposal.

I fully expect Real or Barca to come knocking any time soon.

Whiskyman
13-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Hasn't football coverage always been a bit like that though? Win and you're a genius --- until you lose next week and you're getting sacked in the morning.

Tbh I couldn't care less the fact we lost at Man City, let's be honest it would have been naive to expect any other result given their home form this season. It was the manner in which we lost. I felt there was no spirit shown by the team with the result that we turned a defeat into a rout.

As for any vindication. We beat Cardiff FFS. Not Arsenal or Chelsea. As a result of that we now need round about 22 points (max) from our remaining games to ensure we stay up. As those remaining games include fixtures against Palace, Sunderland, Fulham, Hull, Stoke,Norwich, WBA,Swansea who are all fairly schitt and also Saints and Newcastle who are only slightly better imo, it's in our hands, and if we go down it'll be because we deserve to.

So for me vindication is on hold.

palerider
13-01-2014, 02:28 PM
I think 36 points will be enough to stay up this year. Whether or not we get them is another matter.

Whiskyman
13-01-2014, 02:31 PM
I think 36 points will be enough to stay up this year. Whether or not we get them is another matter.

Your points total could well be about right mate. And, as I've said, if we don't reach that total we will deserve to go down. It really is that simple.

palerider
13-01-2014, 02:36 PM
The Daily Mail prediction has Naarwich surviving on 31. So we only need 14 more.

;D

13 with their goal difference what it is.

Whiskyman
13-01-2014, 02:50 PM
The Daily Mail prediction has Naarwich surviving on 31. So we only need 14 more.

;D

Well if the Daily Mail says it, it MUST be true. To prove it here's a picture of the journo who worked it all out.

EDIT TO SAY
Honest. It was a really funny picture. The funniest that's EVER been seen on any forum anywhere on the web. Unfortunately you're not able to see it because of yet another glitch in the wonderful new, improved, website that is "Hammers Mad".

Eggerts_Ears
13-01-2014, 02:55 PM

;D

Well if the Daily Mail says it, it MUST be true. To prove it here's a picture of the journo who worked it all out.

EDIT TO SAY
Honest. It was a really funny picture. The funniest that's EVER been seen on any forum anywhere on the web. Unfortunately you're not able to see it because of yet another glitch in the wonderful new, improved, website that is "Hammers Mad".[/quote]

Either that or there's a problem between the chair and the keyboard. ;-)

Whiskyman
13-01-2014, 03:23 PM

;D

EDIT TO SAY
Honest. It was a really funny picture. The funniest that's EVER been seen on any forum anywhere on the web. Unfortunately you're not able to see it because of yet another glitch in the wonderful new, improved, website that is "Hammers Mad".[/quote]

Either that or there's a problem between the chair and the keyboard. ;-)[/quote]

Harsh. Very harsh.
;D

only1salty
13-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Hasn't football coverage always been a bit like that though? Win and you're a genius --- until you lose next week and you're getting sacked in the morning.

Tbh I couldn't care less the fact we lost at Man City, let's be honest it would have been naive to expect any other result given their home form this season. It was the manner in which we lost. I felt there was no spirit shown by the team with the result that we turned a defeat into a rout.

As for any vindication. We beat Cardiff FFS. Not Arsenal or Chelsea. As a result of that we now need round about 22 points (max) from our remaining games to ensure we stay up. As those remaining games include fixtures against Palace, Sunderland, Fulham, Hull, Stoke,Norwich, WBA,Swansea who are all fairly schitt and also Saints and Newcastle who are only slightly better imo, it's in our hands, and if we go down it'll be because we deserve to.

Totally agree.

Except we have played Fulham

Whiskyman
14-01-2014, 12:02 AM
As those remaining games include fixtures against Palace, Sunderland, Fulham, Hull, Stoke,Norwich, WBA,Swansea who are all fairly schitt and also Saints and Newcastle who are only slightly better imo, it's in our hands, and if we go down it'll be because we deserve to.

Totally agree.

Except we have played Fulham twice of course.

[/quote]

Looks like EE may have had a point after all.
XD

Although my pedantic half could argue we've played them only once. We turned up for they other one---but played?
;D

WHU
14-01-2014, 08:01 AM
coupons from march onwards go mental. a lot of lower placed teams get unexpected results. survival on 31 isn't going to happen.

kirkup
14-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Vilified when we lose, but not vindicated when we win, that's the spirit.

WHU
16-01-2014, 08:32 AM
i think in his third season, people have a general view of the manager

i wouldn't expect that to change much after one result

i didn't see too many pro-allardyce suddenly getting negative when conceding eleven in two games no more than the anti-allardyce changing their stance on the manager after a win

however, both lots always want their team to win and were pleased with the win

it's like carlton cole - if he bangs in a brace this wekend, the ones that have never rated him won't be doing cartwheels as they think we should have someone better

kirkup
16-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Then again, there's always a counterbalance in all situations. Like I said vilified when we lose, vindicated when we win seems a reasonable counterbalance to me. As for the cup results, hardly unexpected were they.

Like the plan a/plan b nonsense, the we only play hoofball nonsense, the possesion is everything nonsense, and the I re-iterate nonsense

Assuming the plan a nonsense involves formations, then so far this year we seem in my opinion to have played 4-5-1, 4-6-0, 4-4-3, 4-4-2, and 3-5-3. I make that 5 so could be plans a to e or plans 1 to 5. If this is not the case please clarify what the plans nonsense spouted by a lot is.

Many agendas on here, and opinions thankfully some good some bad, and some downright stupid IMHO of course :)

WHU
16-01-2014, 11:08 AM
quite right mate

it is about opinion

and the (unt doesn't have a plan b XD XD XD XD XD

hope you're well amigo

brown out

allardyce out

terrya1965
16-01-2014, 11:24 AM
I`ve been one of them posters that has really criticized Sam,mainly because the way we play.

If West Ham win,it puts a smile on my face because that what us fans want to see.If we stay up,I`ll be happy,but I`m still not over the moon about the style and brand of footy we play.

Give me the Pellegrini way,all day fortunately,we haven`t got their doe,but what a joy to watch.

WHU
16-01-2014, 12:51 PM
yep

or even the inbetween way of martinez terry

keeping things tight but playing a bit on the deck

bones
18-01-2014, 05:34 PM
if gold and Sullivan love whu so much how come they haven't sacked the know nothing c-nt yet? Its not like they inherited their wealth,they earned there money being clever business men.they are not dim but nice,they must know his clueless?Talk to any football supporter who isn't a whu fan most will say his a know nothing c-nt! how come the three wise monkeys can't see his a bull sh-ter who gives it large to get work.there most be half a dozen unemployed manager out there who would do a better job than fat man right now.Every week the whu team look more disorganised that f-ck all to do with carroll or anyone else being injured thats down to fat man and HIS coaching staff,You see whu players look up and surprise surprise no one to pass to.Hopefully the three wise monkies will have a little chat tonight and realise with fat man has manager whu WILL go down, lets see just how much they love the club.IF he isn't sacked this week i for 1 won't go over upton park till fat man is gone.Only way