PDA

View Full Version : Evans and Ray

whosbrianwilson
13-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Both sent off so presumably now suspended.

Talk about brain dead footballers

GSMITH
13-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Wrong. Someone posted rules on twitter. They can play in the league.

AstonAlex
13-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Which doesn't alter the fact that at least one of them is either brain dead or totally arrogant.

How does he think he will force his way back into the first team by conceding penalties? Or, for that matter, continuously getting booked - Evans record at attracting the referee's yellow card is unfortunate to say the least.

itwasin
13-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Not just the players B dead look at the Managers! Pardew saying Not Offside in the 8 yard box, not only that 2 others were also, and the T V Pundits just as bad. THE Ref and Linesmen were correct in the End.

GeoffSH
13-01-2014, 08:22 PM
[no body]

NEVTHEDEV
13-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Not just the players B dead look at the Managers! Pardew saying Not Offside in the 8 yard box, not only that 2 others were also, and the T V Pundits just as bad. THE Ref and Linesmen were correct in the End.
Rubbish as usual. >:(

GeoffSH
13-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Linesman wrong
Ref very very wrong
Pundits, with benefit of video replay totally correct.

sacrewebleu
13-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Huddersfield website suggests 3 off !

Assume last 1 or 2 contesting decision. Evans was straight red.

TwiceInABlueMoon
13-01-2014, 10:06 PM

Wow... you really don't understand football do you? :zzz:

scottie4960
13-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Huddersfield website suggests 3 off !

Assume last 1 or 2 contesting decision. Evans was straight red.

it was 3 players I am lead to believe:( :(

itwasin
14-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Dont think so Nev any Ref will tell you if your in the 8 yard box your Interfering with play if your OFFSIDE especially if your infront of the GOALKEEPER as was in this case, Wrong again Nev.

One_Dean_Ashton
14-01-2014, 08:35 AM
I officiated at conference level until retiring at the end of last season. The goal should have been allowed.

However, I found the reaction and confusion around the offside law strange. The officials made a mistake, which was unfortunate, but it happens - in the same way that players make mistakes.

somersetcrewe
14-01-2014, 09:58 AM
The officials made a mistake, which was unfortunate ...

But was it though?
I know it has been widely reported as such, (Mike Jones has even been withdrawn from this weekend's list - daft over-reaction!), and I thought so at the time, but as most FA rules stipulate, it has to be "in the opinion of the referee" - and with any human being, opinions differ.

I totally understand Pardew's frustration and outburst, we've all done similar when Crewe have been hard done by, (yes, Tom Hitchcock, you know what I mean!).
But as you say, ODA, "mistakes" happen, you just have to get on with it! - view external link (http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside.aspx)

fatfakir
14-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Both sent off so presumably now suspended.

Talk about brain dead footballers

Reading the Huddersfield twitter feed from the game (not necessarily an unbiased viewpoint, I know) suggested that there were more than one or two "tasty" challenges going in, with players on both sides being warned/cautioned by the referee as a result.

Luckily the suspensions will only apply for the Development/U21 games, but even missing those will make it tough to press claims for a first-team recall.

itwasin
14-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I have NEVER seen a Ref yet allow a goal when a player has been in the 8yd box OFFSIDE.unless you watch the Conference?

fatfakir
14-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I have NEVER seen a Ref yet allow a goal when a player has been in the 8yd box OFFSIDE.unless you watch the Conference?

Me neither. Seen a few allowed in the 6 yard box tho...

One_Dean_Ashton
14-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Not going to argue with you... You're entitled to your opinion.

However, you were telling someone that they were 'wrong' and said that 'any referee' would support you're argument. I''m afraid that is incorrect.

PAULCAFC
14-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Just bring back the old offside rule, that will do!

out0lunch
14-01-2014, 06:30 PM
As Danny Blanchflower said
"If you are not interfering with play, then what are you doing on the pitch?"

somersetcrewe
14-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Wasn't that Brian Clough?

NEVTHEDEV
14-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Dont think so Nev any Ref will tell you if your in the 8 yard box your Interfering with play if your OFFSIDE especially if your infront of the GOALKEEPER as was in this case, Wrong again Nev.
The only players blocking Joe Hart`s view,when the kick was taken,was his own players. :?

out0lunch
14-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Wasn't that Brian Clough?

Noooo def. Danny

whosbrianwilson
15-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Defo 3 sent off - Evans, Ray and Ng.

Steve not a happy bunny.

Evans loan up in 2 weeks - may well have signalled his own departure, esp with Grant coming back into the fold.

whosbrianwilson
15-01-2014, 11:29 AM
And by the way - it was Brian Clough

http://irish-ayes.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/brian-clough-quotes.html

jwar123
15-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Evans was for a late lunge, Ray and Ng was for dissent in the final minute after a penalty was given

AlexLeicester
15-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Oh how I love the OS - George Ray gets two mentions (sent off twice?), Ng one, and Evans non!

More seriously. What happened v. Northwich? We had 11 professional, Div 1 footballers on that pitch and they got humiliated (wasn't there so that may be a mis-statement). Cheshire Cup or not, it's a valid competition and we should walk it every year, even with a complete reserve or Academy side. >:-(

I think there is a need for some Neil Baker 'discipline'. :-D

lestiverton
15-01-2014, 04:41 PM
So, it was the same as last year, then. Admittedly, last year, the pitch was icy but the opposition coped with it. Was it too wet this time?

out0lunch
15-01-2014, 06:38 PM
And by the way - it was Brian Clough

http://irish-ayes.blogspot.co.uk/2009/03/brian-clough-quotes.html

I notice the link also suggests it was Bill Shankly.
I believe it was in the early 60s when Blanchflower said it after a match in which the opposition scored and the ref allowed even though a player was in an offside position on the wing.