PDA

View Full Version : Ian Paisley doc on BBC NI tonight

mogwaiCSC
13-01-2014, 08:41 PM
some interesting change of views if held 45 years earlier you wonder how things might have turned out in the North.

Bloody Sunday

On the Bloody Sunday shootings in Londonderry in 1972, when 13 people were shot dead by the Army, he said: "I was very angry that that's what it had come to.

"I felt it was a very dangerous thing, and then the attempt to cover it for what it was not.

"The inquiry afterwards proved that some of these people had neither weapons, nor were they using weapons. They were just making a protest within the law."

He said he welcomed Prime Minister David Cameron's 2010 apology for the killings: "Well, I wasn't embarrassed. I was glad to hear him for the first time as a British leader telling the truth about it, saying what really did happen."

Discrimination

Mr Paisley also said the discrimination that once existed in Northern Ireland over voting rights was wrong.

"If you vote down democracy, you are responsible for bringing in anarchy," he said.

"It wasn't

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
13-01-2014, 08:43 PM
This thread will go well. :zzz:

gersforme
13-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Paisley went down a wrong road for many years, age mellowed him, i think if he could do it all again he'd be a different man.

his pseudo flirtation with the paramilitaries was his biggest error, though of course he would deny this.

manofsteel
13-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Did he really say that? I may have gotten the man all wrong.

mogwaiCSC
13-01-2014, 09:02 PM
BBC article preveiwing the documentary - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohU5W12HvA)

herewego10inarow
14-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Dublin brought the killing of 33 innocent people in the Dublin /Monaghan bombings on themselves apparently :blue:

Ian paisley made the balls and let others fire them,,not his own children of course..David Irvine had him well sussed :)

gersforme
14-01-2014, 12:23 AM
its time to move on from the troubles, the whole world knows that, the future is what matters, and the children deserve a better, sectarian free future.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
14-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Dublin brought the killing of 33 innocent people in the Dublin /Monaghan bombings on themselves apparently :blue:

Ian paisley made the balls and let others fire them,,not his own children of course..David Irvine had him well sussed :)

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Poguemahone
14-01-2014, 10:50 AM
The auld bigot looked extremely uneasy and nervous about some of the questions asked of him and of some of his outrageous sectarian rants from previous years...seems like he wants to clear his conscience for his sins before he meets his maker.

Mr Paisley also said the discrimination that once existed in Northern Ireland over voting rights was wrong.

"If you vote down democracy, you are responsible for bringing in anarchy," he said.

"It wasn't one man, one vote, I mean that's no way to run a country."

"The whole system was wrong."

DannyBhoy
14-01-2014, 11:06 AM
The auld bigot looked extremely uneasy and nervous about some of the questions asked of him and of some of his outrageous sectarian rants from previous years...seems like he wants to clear his conscience for his sins before he meets his maker.

"It wasn't one man, one vote, I mean that's no way to run a country."

"The whole system was wrong."

He'll have a pal in Hell with Sharon.

Evil basturts.

tartanscone1314
14-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Mr Paisley is a man of the cloth , and should be respected as such .