PDA

View Full Version : Turnover...players salary..

montrealer
14-01-2014, 03:05 AM
Apparently our player budget is 0ver 70 per cent of our turnover...This is high...what are the players salary...we need to get this in line so we have a sustainable platform...next year might be easy if there is no miller, cads, Edwards and livesy...

What did we make of the fa cup and the percentage sell on off madden going to S****horpe.

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Hmmm. I think you may have overlooked the fact that 2 of the 3 players you have listed, will have to be replaced??
Or do you reckon that we'll be able to cope with league TWO, with the remains of the current squad? :blue:

melbourneblues
14-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Miller would need replaced that's about it, and don't say so will Livesey.

dancingbear
14-01-2014, 09:51 PM
If them 4 do go we'll definately need another centre half. In fact we need one now if Ehmer is going at the end of the month.

melbourneblues
14-01-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm sure we can get a more competent defender on less money than Livesey is on, and probably 3 on Edwards wages, the end of this season can't come quick enough (again)

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 10:36 PM
I think we should maybe wait till we have amassed at least 54 points before wishing for the season go be over.
Then who do we honestly think will come in on the cash that'll be freed up?
Nope I'm afraid we've poured far too much cash down the drain in the last few seasons. It WON'T be recouped by getting shot of two or three players on inflated contracts.

melbourneblues
14-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Surely you and your mob could rustle up a few hundred quid between you to help us out, isn't that what supporters 'trusts' 're supposed to do.
Whether we amass the necessary points or not I want the season to be over if that's ok.

HedgehogsTeeth
14-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Loads of bad signings will be leaving at the end of the season, that is a certainty.

It will be quite exciting to see who they bring in, it would have to be massive bad luck for them to be as bad as what we shipped out.

HedgehogsTeeth
14-01-2014, 11:25 PM
I have to say - that bird at the bottom of the screen in the advert teling me "Best European Resorts for AprA?s Ski" would definitely get it.

sum_baynton
14-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Am I missing something here? Is MillerForScotland something to do with the trust?

We need a big clear out, need shot of Cadamateri Edwards Livesey Noble Chantler Miller

bluegadge
15-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Hedge

"It will be quite exciting to see who they bring in"

No it wont...we don't do exciting

Never mind waiting for the end of the season we need to get to 50 plus points to put a temporary stop to this sinking ship...If our crowds are pap this year expect another 25% less next season in League 2

melbourneblues
15-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I disagree, I think half the reason the crowds are low is because there's no excitement and we hit our level, people know we're unlikely to progress any further with the current BOD, there's nothing our fans like more than a good promotion push and I think that's what's been missing.

Markovitch
15-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Getting relegated would improve our chances of having a promotion push next season. Kavanagh seems to have more nous in the transfer market than Abbott so lets hope what comes in is better than what goes out. At least no more chronically injured geriatrics

bluegadge
15-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Melb with the dire financial situation we are in and a mish mash of loan players I cant find many reasons why we would be anywhere near the top 3 in League 2.

I think the cash strapped club would slash their playing budget even more for next season and base their figures on getting even less fans than we do now.

If there are any ambitious clubs in League 2 next season how would we even come close to competing with them for promotion unless Kav achieves a miracle ?

About 2 years ago a large chunk of lads (regulars) started dropping away bit by bit and that has continued up to this very day...I fear this crowd are gone forever or for at least a few years anyway.

The lack of excitement / pleasure that has been created from on and OFF the pitch activities has smashed some peoplea??s moral and it will take some getting back.

We are a rudderless ship sailing near to the rocks. We don't seem to have any 5 or even 10 year plan in place. Nobody has a clue what we stand for or where we are

dalmationblue
16-01-2014, 11:54 AM
The difference between Cadamatri, Edward's and Dick Turpin is the mask...;D