PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on Ravel

Hammerman69
14-01-2014, 11:07 AM
RAVEL: WILL IT BE GOODBYE THIS MONTH?

By Hugh Southon

Predictions are so dangerous game in January so instead of asking whether Ravel Morrison will leave which remains very possible the real question may be – WHERE TO?

We’ve brought you regular reports where it’s been utterly impossible to explain fully what may be going on behind the scenes at Upton Park in this ongoing soap opera.

But it’s fair to say that the rumours concerning his alleged difficulties with the manager have surfaced a little too regularly not to be treated with concern.

Then there was the groin injury which appears to have come from almost nowhere and ruled him out for Christmas, and once the League programme re-started he became unavailable with a recurrence of the problem.

You could almost hear the collective “Hmmm” right across the east end and I have to say, understandably so.

I don’t like coincidences particularly when several of them appear to collide as the transfer window reopens as players who may

mikeveep
14-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Not much substance there...

I have deliberately avoided getting excited about Morrison. It is obvious that yo-yo club West Ham and Golden Boy Ravel is not a good fit.

Bit like Tevez really.

But the poster is not right about the Forest game...first half he was I guess following Sam's instructions and,on the whole,nicely laying the ball off first time...as the game went on his discipline went and he was showboating a bit.

SwearryThierry53
14-01-2014, 12:18 PM
According to the rags, Fulham remain favourites to sign although one paper claims that Cardiff are also interested at around £5million.

I think it's a fair bet he will go to one of those two. I really don't see the top clubs being interested, particularly the two Manchesters. Arse perhaps?

In any event, a key indicator of his availability will, I think, be his presence/absence in the squad against Newcastle.

Question is: will we let him go at the price, bearing in mind his contract's running down, or will S&G hold out for the thick end of £10m?

WHU
14-01-2014, 12:43 PM
much of a muchness in terms of three teams that can possibly drop

cardiff will give him a good salary and let him have a bit more wriggle room to play his natural game

fulham he will definitely play a bit more of his natural game but fulham are a team in a bit of freefall

all the discussion means 'good work done by agent' and i'd expect someone else to be in the mix soon

i'd be amazed if he likes playing the game west ham do a lot of the time and his decision depends on whether he is football focussed, salary focussed or both

madmax66
14-01-2014, 03:25 PM
I personally think we would be mad to let him go.

PDGPaul
14-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Me too.

dagenhamJohn
14-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I personally think we would be mad to let him go.yep!

mikeveep
14-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Out of our hands really,isn't it?

If a player wants to go, not much you can do.

bonzosbest74
14-01-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm not one for posting ITK stuff but I have it on extremely good authority that Ravel wants to sign a contract now, the club want to wait until the summer but he's reluctant to move into the last 12 months of his contract.

If we paid him what he wants (50-60k) he will stay, if the owners don't offer him the deal then he wants out now.

mikeveep
14-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Difficult.

I'd hate to add to the inflationary wage spiral by awarding that sort of money on an unknown quantity. o.k. he's shown that he is quality,but temperament?. Perhaps on more of a blue chip player..even the talk of paying Lescott £90k makes my heart sink !

I mean, that's 45 hotels on Mayfair !

GARNETT
14-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Was speaking to a gooner friend on holiday last week, he was lunching with Gold and Brown boxing day, they told him Rav was a bit of a problem, "went missing " came up as did "disruptive".

I believe he wants go to the highest bidder as soon as possible, the ego has definitely landed at The Boleyn Ground, our purpose has been served, putting him on show.

WHU
15-01-2014, 08:09 AM
i find the fact that gold seems quite close to brown a bit of a (unt

brown out